Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

4.1

HOLY CRUD. What have I been doing with my life before this!?!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have absolutely nothing but good things to say about this powder. The price? A steal. The packaging is adorable and classic. The powder is a finely milled translucent shade that doesn't look cakey or leave a white residue. It also doesn't make my pores look bigger, which looking back, was an issue with the Maybelline loose powder I had used previously.

It is impossible to use "too much" of this powder, I put it all over my face and bake with it too, and somehow it doesn't cling to any areas or look ashen. Baking the undereyes with this is easy, I take the powder puff it comes with, fold it in half, dip it into a pile of the loose powder, then dab it along my undereyes and the highpoints of my cheekbones, under my cheek contour, and a bit on the Cupid's bow and center of my chin. It will mattify you GOOD, to the point where you may not need a single touch up in an 8 hour day, so if you are a dewy skin lover or a au natural type, this might be too much for every day wear.

For a long time I thought loose powder was loose powder, you've seen one you've seen em all, and boy was I WRONG... this blows other loose powders from the drugstore away (I haven't used Nyx HD in a while so I'm not sure how it compares to that one, but the others, yes), and gives the coveted Laura Mercier offering a run for its money. And indeed, that is a great powder as well, but for $40... hmm I'll stick with my Coty for the time being :)

This powder is just a really good powder for setting and highlighting if you know how to use it. Its the best setting powder you can get at any drugstore. The main ingredient is talc and there's a lot of it so it's very easy to over powder how ever you can mist it away with your favorite setting spray. I've used almost all the Shades my favorite is the luminous, naturally neutral and translucent. Honey beige and translucent extra coverage are very powdery looking for some reason. Anyway I loved this powder and use it almost everyday for 5 years.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

The smell is something you have to get used too, but over all I love this product!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this for about a week and I'm loving it! I use it to "bake" and it works perfectly. I have oily skin and it has helped keep it under control. I also love the smell! I reminds me of the way Cabbage Patch dolls used to smell when I was a kid!lol

on 1/26/2016 12:38:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I used to use this powder many years ago but the container it was in broke, so I threw the whole thing out. I never repurchased and totally forgot about this powder. I proceeded to buy tons of high end and drugstore loose and pressed powders; I wanted to try them all. As I got older, I started noticing how my foundation and setting powder were settling into my laugh lines. I started experimenting with all of my many powders to try and find one that would stay put and not settle; nothing was working. Then I saw someone on YouTube mention the Coty powder as one of their yearly favorites and a lightbulb went off for me. I hunted it down at my local Wal-Mart; the shade I used to use was the Translucent Extra Coverage but I compared that shade next to the Naturally Neutral and went with the Naturally Neutral. I’m very fair (my foundation is Mac Face and Body in N1) and the Translucent Extra Coverage seemed much pinker and darker than the Naturally Neutral; I vaguely remembered that the Translucent shade sometimes used to end up looking too pink on me. The shade I picked ended up being perfect and I want to smack myself for forgetting about this powder because it is amazing. None of my many other powders keep my skin as matte and perfect looking as this stuff does; I wear my foundation and powder for 10-11 hours a day and with this powder I only have to blot once a day. But the best thing about this powder is that it stays put and doesn’t settle into my laugh lines; I’ve also started setting my under eye concealer with this powder and its incredible (doesn’t settle into my fine lines and just smooth's everything out). I love this powder so much that I’m almost tempted to get rid of my other powders; I might get the nerve up to purge them soon.

While reading other reviews for this powder I see that there are two main complaints with this powder. The first is the fragrance but I have to disagree; I absolutely love the way this powder smells because it makes me think of my Grandmother and Aunt. Even if you don’t like the smell it dissipates almost immediately after you apply it. The other complaint is the packaging but I don’t have any issues with the packaging; mine in in the newer plastic container with a sifter. It doesn’t make any more of a mess than other loose powders I’ve ever used; I think no matter what you do, loose powders are going to make a little mess.

on 12/26/2015 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Holy freaking amazing powder!! This has been around since the 1930s and I can see why. I picked this up in Traslucent Extra Coverage. It's a huge amount of product, finely milled. I'm sure it'll last me a year or more easily. I picked this up at my local Walmart after hunting it down in the makeup aisles. It's definitely hidden in Walmart but something every makeup enthusiast should own. The price is spot on. It's capabilites are endless. You can set concealer, foundation, body makeup, bake with it, and probably more I haven't even discovered yet. I'm really in love with Coty. It's everything I need in a setting powder. There's a certain smell to Coty but it's not bothersome and goes away as soon as applied. In fact it reminds me of my great grandmother but in the best way!!! Holy GRAIL. I'll never stop purchasing this ever. I'm in heaven every day using this. It's a lovely, lovely product. Damn girl pick you up some of this!

on 8/29/2015 11:34:00 PM

Wow this is a surprisingly good powder! It works better than some of the high end loose powders that I have tried for way less money, I only paid $6 at WalMart. What makes this an awesome product is it's unbeatable longevity on the skin, it lasted a good 6 hours with no shine on my combination skin, I didn't need a mid-day blot with powder and that's a first. This stuff also leaves your skin looking airbrushed and soft not dry and overly matte like some powders can. I am NW20 and this powder in shade " naturally neutral" complements my skin tone nicely. So glad I found a great product that saves me lots of money for other things that must have.

I love using this to set my under eyes! When I use this my concealer never creases! Definitely recommend

I love this powder. I got the translucent extra coverage one. If you don't like an airbrushed, kinda full coverage look than this may not be your favorite. If you don't mind those however, this is an awesome powder. It gives a matte finish without looking fake. It lasts all day on my skin and doesn't get cakey. You don't need a lot to get pretty matte skin either. I don't see myself going back to any other powder anytime soon.