Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

4.1

Hands down my favorite setting powder! I just wish it didn't smell like my grandma's house, that is my only complaint. The fragrance thankfully doesn't last on the skin.

on 7/9/2017 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hello oily skin ppl,
You need this in your life!
The oil-control of this powder is out of this world! I love to bake with it and it never accentuate my fine lines.
Normally my face becomes oily after 3-4 hours, but baking with this powder can last me 8 hours without touching up. My foundation is totally locked and does not transfer after baking. Even after 8 hours, i simply just dab my face with a tissue and my makeup is fresh again!
I know the scent is overpowering, but it reminds me of my grandma and i miss her...

UPDATE :

I just find out what makes my foundation breaks after 5 hours. It's my Naruko anti-acne sunblock. One day i just ran out of my sunblock and i'm in a hurry so i just skip sunblock that day. I go with my usual routine which is moisturiser, foundation, concealer and airspun powder. And you know what?? My foundation looks AMAZING! My skin doesn't look that good in so long. My foundation lasted for almost 12 hours with very minimal touch-up. I'm loving this powder day by day by far the best setting powder i've ever have.

It's a love-hate feeling with this powder. I love this powder set my foundation. It looks flawless. A little goes a long way. Plus it so affordable and it lasts a very very long time.

But what I hate about this powder is the smell. OMG, i cannot stand the grandma smell. So strong. And the other downside (for me) is, it does set my foundation nice and beautiful. But, I'm very careful not to over powder because it will make my foundation look cakey and mask-y. Weird right? Yes, it happens to me. And after 5 hours using it I realised that all my foundation caked. I tried so many different foundations with this powder and I get the same result after 5 hours. I dunno what's going on but it's kinda sad because I wanted this powder to works on me so bad. Will not repurchase.

on 5/30/2017 6:06:00 PM

This powder is my holy grail! I am very pale with oily skin around my T-Zone and this keeps my make up in place all day! my only problem is the availability at my Walmart and the packaging. The packaging is just a lid that pushes on and off, it does not screw. it also comes with the little plastic thing that you released the powder through but I took that out completely so I could put my beauty blender in the powder and dab it on my face.

For those who have really oily skin and feels this doesn't help, I would suggest after you dust the powder over your face to also take a sponge and layer on a thick layer over the most oily spots. After a few minutes, use a brush to brush off the excess. I believe others call this the baking method. This technique has helped my makeup last over 10 hours withoit touch up, something I could never do with any other powder! I have used the powder this way outside of work in different activities and locations and it has lasted me through the most humid of weather and even exercise. I would put on a base with sunscreen, a layer of bb cream, then use the powder like how I mentioned before, and even after 5 hours of hiking (yes I wear makeup even when hiking) my skin looks flawless and grease free. I have had oily skin since I was in 6th grade and this powder has been something I used since I was a teenager off and on. After learning the baking method I finally found a product and a technique that could keep my oily skin under control during the day! There is also so much product that it feels like you will never run out, which is fine since powder makeup can last much longer that liquid. Best to buy it from Walmart since it offers the cheapest price!

on 4/16/2017 7:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I use this to set the rest of my face that's not highlighted just before I contour. This powder Issa mask, it absorbs every oil.
Pros: it's affordable, it's long lasting I mean, this really takes agessss to get through, it's a mask, it gives you that extra coverage.
Cons: it comes with a flimsy powder puff ( tip: I replaced mine with the Laura mercier puff) , some may find the smell off putting as it's really ancient powdery type of scent, but it doesn't bother me, packaging!!! This needs to be improved. as this is my staple product I'll usually travel with it everywhere! And I find that it pours into the closed cap when packed find that a bit messy.

The holy grail powder for me. I'm very fair skin toned so the color is perfect for me. Sets my makeup perfectly all day, keeps the oil under control. Plus dirt cheap and one container probably lasts me nine months. Been using this product fot over ten years and every time I'm forced to try something else I'm left disappointed. It's getting harder to find though which makes me worried.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Ohh this powder has never failed me! It's a timeless classic that works so well. I had only ever used the translucent extra coverage. The container always lasts me over a year! You just cannot go wrong with this! Always one of my hg!! :)

Love this powder, I replaced my Laura Mercier setting powder with this one. Smell is a little over powering, but not the worst smell in the world! Hopefully I can find this in the UK!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a very luxurious powder. There's a silver screen glamorous feel that goes along with using it. It does it's job as a powder and then some: it gives a soft look to your skin, and provides medium coverage; it decreases the visibility of scars and pockmarks. It can definitely hold its own when compared to department store powders. I truly enjoy using this powder, and it somewhat worries me that Coty has been steadily discontinuing colors; it'll be a sad day if I go to buy it and find out that the whole line had been discontinued. But, I will enjoy it while I can.
Edit: I just thought I would add a note on application: I came to this loose powder from pressed powder. When applying the pressed, I would swirl the puff in the powder and drag it across the foundation on my face. If you do that with Airspun, you'll have a terrible makeup finish; it will move your foundation around. *Pat* the powder filled fluffy puff all over your face, like you'd see in an old Hollywood film, and then gently push off excess with either the puff or a brush; and your finish will be smooth.