Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

4.1

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I personally like the packaging of this product. The price is amazing compared to other powders on the market. I had high hopes for this product since so many people absolutely love this powder.

This powder has an overwhelming fragrance that is so strong that it makes you want to gag. It is like an old woman that drowned herself in perfume. The smell only goes away once the oils in your face mixes with the power, which for me took 4 hours.

I applied this only to my chin and forehead because I wanted to try it compared to my other IT Cosmetics bye bye pores setting powder. The fragrance is so strong that it made my chin and forehead burn so much! It kept like my chin was on fire, but I wanted to see if the burning would go away, it does only when your oils start to break it down.

After 12 hours of a long day in humid weather, this product started to separate on my chin, but not my forehead. IT Cosmetics bye bye pores did not.

I was really hoping this would work so that I could retire IT Cosmetics. IT Cosmetics has horrible flashback, Coty does not, but alas my search continues.

If you are dry, don't mind overwhelming smells, and do not have sensitive skin, go for this product. It is a great deal at $5.97 at Walmart and does a pretty good job.

I don't understand why this powder is called translucent when there's pigment to it. It's very pink, I'm sick of all this pink foundation and powder, no ones skin is pink, no one wants a pink hue to their skin. It's somewhat beige also, so it's useable. I don't understand why they can't make these off white. It does silightly make my foundation look a weird color and uneven.
I hate how there's a lot of shimmer in it, who wants their entire face shimmery? We wouldn't want shimmer in foundation, so why in powder?
It does keep oil away, I haven't noticed my face feeling dry and tight from it. It has a perfume smell, but not horribly, I haven't noticed this breaking out my face yet. The price is decent.
UPDATE: This broke my face out horribly, they really need to make face powders with gentle ingredients. The ingridents are obviously way to harsh or should not be used on the face to clog pores that bad and cause breakouts.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Absolutely hate this powder. The powder isn't exactly translucent, it has a very pinky undertone to it which changes my foundation color dramatically. Also I feel that this powder sets my foundation but at the same time it breaks up my foundation on my chin. Would absolutely not recommend.

I have absolutely nothing positive to say about this powder. The packaging is horrendous, powder gets EVERYWHERE every single time I touch it. As soon as the powder gets on my face it oxidizes and turns me into a complete orange, offsetting my entire base. The smell is insanely overpowering and gives me a headache. Besides all of this, it also doesn't wear well. It breaks up all around my nose and chin no matter what foundation I put it over (the foundations wear fine with other powders). I truly don't understand how anyone enjoys this stuff.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This does cover good and make your pores look smaller but it smells horribly, breaks me out and gets everywhere.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

The only thing that deserves 5 stars about this, is the packaging. I love vintage cosmetics, and Coty is good about keeping that very vintage packaging. Let me just warn my fellow acne prone, oily ladies because this stuff severely broke me out. I do have very sensitive skin, and I should have known by the awful perfume fragrance not to risk it, but I did. I honestly gave it a shot after my favorite YouTubers swear by this, but I still don't see why. It oxidized tremendously, smells awful, and makes a huge mess. Rimmel match perfection loose powder is 100% better than this, and sets to perfection making your skin look airbrushed.

on 12/27/2016 3:20:00 PM

Totally different now that it is made in china. Don't waste your money. Its not the powder people have loved for years

on 11/21/2016 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If you watch day time tv ever, you've probably seen the lawyer commercials encouraging you to call them if you or a loved one was diagnosed or died of ovarian cancer after using talc/talcum powder. There have been some recent studies indicating talc increases the chance of ovarian cancer, which is usually fatal by the time it's diagnosed, and 2-3 large jury verdicts in court (which as sure to be substantially reduced on appeal). Talc is found in a good few face powders too, esp old ones.

You don't apply talc directly to your ovaries to increase your risk/development of ovarian cancer: you just put it on your skin, which is the largest organ of your body. Think of it as laying in a cancer bed or out in the sun. It's an unnecessary, ridiculous risk, it's totally avoidable, and you can do without a form of cancer that often isn't caught until it's affected other organs, causing another cancer that's readily noticeable.

Talc is the primary ingredient in this great grandma powder. I'm 45, and this was some stuff one or two of my GREAT grandmas had on hand. It still smells like it's been sitting in on a vanity for 125 years, just like it did back in 1976. It's cool that it carried a color called Rachel (a fair that shows up almost white), but it's crap.

I'm not joking about that. If you're still using this stuff, you need to stop immediately & check labels for being talc-free--ovarian cancer is esp ugly & can strike YOUNG (I had a cousin who died from it at 32). Everything new on the market, and there's plenty for the same price, have beautiful finishes & don't get thick on the skin like Coty's Airspun does. It has so much dry white talc, it delivers a visible layer right out the gate & pulls way ahead with additional layers. It has to have other tinted pigments to tame the talc! And sure it has some absorbency, but think about putting a lot of body powder in your shoes & wearing them barefoot after a work out: the excess powder clumps up/looks clumpy. I would venture to say it the absolute bottom of the market in performance.

Please don't buy this. It smells 125 years old, everybody can see you're wearing powder that's too light b/c how much white talc is in it, & talc, the primary ingredient, is known carcinogen for a cancer that usually isn't caught until it's a very high death risk (as is SKIN CANCER, mademoiselles). Throw it away and enjoy the pursuit of so many delightful powders out there that deliver angelic finishes while doing what else you want it to.

on 6/17/2016 11:57:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I bought this powder in "translucent." As my fellow WoC know, translucent does not necessarily mean translucent for anyone who isn't fair skinned. I'm tan (I would definitely be considered light on the tan spectrum) and this powder leaves a nasty pale cast on my face and dulls my complexion. It not only lightens my skin but the color of the powder cancels out my natural warmth and glow. Not to mention the smell is unpleasant (think 99 year old woman in a retirement home) and disturbingly overpowering. The smell does fade, but to me this product is nowhere near worth its downsides.

on 3/21/2016 4:47:00 PM

NO NO NO NO NO NO. I used to use Urban Decay's Razor Sharp setting powder which is amazing but have yet to find a dupe for it. I've been using this for a couple weeks now and I cannot and will not like this. I bought because of the Youtuber PatrickStarrr. He completely sold this product to me because 1) he does Youtube 2) its a large container with lots of product 3) its inexpensive. Yes it is a large container with lots of product and its inexpensive, however, it leaves LITTLE to be desired. It's not really silky to me, more of a creamy powder like Bare Minerals. So you can imagine if I put this over my already very pigmented liquid foundation, it's going to pretty much melt off because its so creamy. IT SMELLS... EXTREMELY MATURE and I HATE THAT. If you don't mind that it smells like elderly women, looks like pigmented baby powder, is way too creamy to be a setting powder, then this is the product for you. There's still so much powder left in the container that I'd be willing to give this away to someone that would like this since I don't want to waste my money. Only good thing is that this will not cause you to look like an ashy ghost.

Bottom line, don't even bother with this. Find something much more finely milled for that soft focus effect and feel.