Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

Filtered by age: 44-55
Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

on 9/24/2017 5:39:00 PM

Years ago, I used Airspun in a neutral, translucent shade that had a warm cast to it. It was a great product. This year, I bought Translucent 070-24 to use as a setting powder for Dermablend. Ack! This is NOT what I used before. It's slightly pink and dusty on the skin. It's heavily fragranced. I used it on my legs, so the scent was overpowering. Thankfully, I tested the product before using it for an event. I'm throwing it away because I can't think of any reason to use it.

on 9/6/2017 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I got a great recommendation for this as a dupe for a more expensive product and NOPE. The "translucent" was too pink. It irritated my skin, so even if I liked it I couldn't have kept using it, so if you have sensitive skin, stay away from this. I later learned they do make an unscented version, but too late. That ship has sailed. Why did I even give it two lippies? Because the price is great, the packaging is cool and vintagey, and it's not the sh*ttiest powder in the world, for someone whose skin can take it.

on 8/13/2017 10:02:00 AM

I bought this product due to some rave reviews and I thought I want to try it. Took me awhile to find it at Wal-Mart. Not bad just the awful smell makes me sick for some reason and found out it has Parabens on it! I don't use it all the time just sometimes when I needed it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I loved this powder for years when it was about the only DS loose powder you could find. I would love to love it. It has a great smell, but that means perfumes, and it is talc-based, not mineral-based. So, it oxidizes quickly, mixes with liquid foundation and creates a shiny film, and it does get everywhere. And you have to set your face with a setting spray or you look very powdery even with puff, sponge, or brush after you apply it.

I have acne-prone skin and I break out with this product if I wear it a full day. I always come home and wash my face immediately if I do use it. Sadly, I think I have to retire this good ole standby and stick to the mineral powders.

EDIT: So, I tossed this and then kept seeing all the positive reviews, then started lemming, so I bought another one haha. I think my old powder may have been too old and that was causing breakouts. I have not had any comedones with the new/fresh powder. Also, performance does vary with different foundations. With more dewy foundations, the powder mixes with them to create a sort of film. If you use the Wayne Goss method (or whomever should get credit for this) and press the powder into your foundation, it performs much better. If your foundation is matte, the powder tends to look 'powdery' longer, but performs better. YMMV

on 12/27/2016 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I really like this powder! I've been using it for baking my concealer. It works really well!!! I must admit though , I'm a little concerned about the talc. I'll need to do some more research.

on 11/21/2016 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If you watch day time tv ever, you've probably seen the lawyer commercials encouraging you to call them if you or a loved one was diagnosed or died of ovarian cancer after using talc/talcum powder. There have been some recent studies indicating talc increases the chance of ovarian cancer, which is usually fatal by the time it's diagnosed, and 2-3 large jury verdicts in court (which as sure to be substantially reduced on appeal). Talc is found in a good few face powders too, esp old ones.

You don't apply talc directly to your ovaries to increase your risk/development of ovarian cancer: you just put it on your skin, which is the largest organ of your body. Think of it as laying in a cancer bed or out in the sun. It's an unnecessary, ridiculous risk, it's totally avoidable, and you can do without a form of cancer that often isn't caught until it's affected other organs, causing another cancer that's readily noticeable.

Talc is the primary ingredient in this great grandma powder. I'm 45, and this was some stuff one or two of my GREAT grandmas had on hand. It still smells like it's been sitting in on a vanity for 125 years, just like it did back in 1976. It's cool that it carried a color called Rachel (a fair that shows up almost white), but it's crap.

I'm not joking about that. If you're still using this stuff, you need to stop immediately & check labels for being talc-free--ovarian cancer is esp ugly & can strike YOUNG (I had a cousin who died from it at 32). Everything new on the market, and there's plenty for the same price, have beautiful finishes & don't get thick on the skin like Coty's Airspun does. It has so much dry white talc, it delivers a visible layer right out the gate & pulls way ahead with additional layers. It has to have other tinted pigments to tame the talc! And sure it has some absorbency, but think about putting a lot of body powder in your shoes & wearing them barefoot after a work out: the excess powder clumps up/looks clumpy. I would venture to say it the absolute bottom of the market in performance.

Please don't buy this. It smells 125 years old, everybody can see you're wearing powder that's too light b/c how much white talc is in it, & talc, the primary ingredient, is known carcinogen for a cancer that usually isn't caught until it's a very high death risk (as is SKIN CANCER, mademoiselles). Throw it away and enjoy the pursuit of so many delightful powders out there that deliver angelic finishes while doing what else you want it to.

on 7/18/2016 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have this in Translucent Extra Coverage and really like it very much. It does have a bit of a flowery scent (I don't love it) but it dissipates fast. The powder is VERY FINELY MILLED and it really melds into the skin beautifully. I use it to set my concealer, BB cream and/or foundation. It also could be worn along on a warm day, just for something light and natural over moisturized skin. The amount of product is enormous - I am not sure I will ever finish it all! I do use a brush or a sponge, not the puff that comes with it. I feel I have better control that way. I put a little bit into the lid and swirl it around with my brush in there, tap off excess and have at it. Really great product and a true bargain.

Wow - how have I not tried this before now?

Sets my under eye concealer w/ out drying my eyes out like almost every other powder I have tried does (use just a little bit). I also use to set my slightly oily nose area. I bend back only a little bit of the tape over the holes so as to severely limit the amount I shake out each time. I personally love the smell (like roses IMO). Its inexpensive at Walmart. It goes on very silky.

I have the natural/neutral version and while I would certainly re-purchase, this container is going to last me several years so won't need to in the foreseeable future.

on 4/20/2016 2:03:00 PM

I LOVE this powder! I know some don't like the smell but I do! I actually use 2 colors, Natural and Suntan, to find the color I need. Natural is a little too light and the suntan too dark. I dip my Elf kabuki brush in and tap the excess off to apply. I will definitely purchase again and again!!!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

First off, I can't believe they still make this. I remember my aunt using this back in the 70's, but that is cool..always nice to see products stand the test of time..

So, I was kind of thrilled when I saw Tati aka GlamLifeGuru rave about this, then another youtuber or two..I thought, wow!!--they still make this..?? Nostalgia and the raves by the youtubers made me make a mental note to keep an eye out for this..not madly looking for it, but if I came across it, I would buy it.

I got this in Translucent Extra. First off, the smell..ohh, does that take me back!! I remember smelling it in my aunt's bedroom after she applied her makeup. And admittedly I took the little puff a couple of times and played with it..kids!! lol..I still remembered that smell..(which back then I thought was sophisticated and grown up, now I just do not care for it, it bothers my nose..)

And yes, there is the mess factor. You can keep half of the sticker on the sifter, so not as much product comes out, or if you are like me and took the entire sticker off when opening it, you could of course place a couple pieces of tape over some of the sifter holes so not so much product comes out. I still am just not a fan of that kind of product that can make a mess. But I was totally willing to overlook that bc I had high hopes due to the reviewers and the nostalgia aspect..

Well sadly, it did nothing for me..:( No, actually it did do something for me, it made me look very made-up and cake-y, no matter how much blending I did, and it clung to my dry patches (I have very small, just a couple dry patches, but boy did this accent those dry patches!!!) Also, it made me look washed out, ghostly (which, imho, 'translucent' should not do that..?)......even applying the product sparingly and tapping the brush off a few times before applying. Just gave me an overly done-up, heavy-handed makeup look with dry patches.

That all said, I will keep this product and not throw it away or return it..too many fond childhood memories associated with it. That aunt was my favorite aunt and she passed away a few years ago, so this has sentimental meaning.....weird, I know, but...at least it serves that unique purpose!! :-)