Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

Filtered by age: 36-43
Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

4.2

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I personally like the packaging of this product. The price is amazing compared to other powders on the market. I had high hopes for this product since so many people absolutely love this powder.

This powder has an overwhelming fragrance that is so strong that it makes you want to gag. It is like an old woman that drowned herself in perfume. The smell only goes away once the oils in your face mixes with the power, which for me took 4 hours.

I applied this only to my chin and forehead because I wanted to try it compared to my other IT Cosmetics bye bye pores setting powder. The fragrance is so strong that it made my chin and forehead burn so much! It kept like my chin was on fire, but I wanted to see if the burning would go away, it does only when your oils start to break it down.

After 12 hours of a long day in humid weather, this product started to separate on my chin, but not my forehead. IT Cosmetics bye bye pores did not.

I was really hoping this would work so that I could retire IT Cosmetics. IT Cosmetics has horrible flashback, Coty does not, but alas my search continues.

If you are dry, don't mind overwhelming smells, and do not have sensitive skin, go for this product. It is a great deal at $5.97 at Walmart and does a pretty good job.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Well, I had VERY high expectations for this powder. Everyone loves it, so why wouldn't I? I have oily/combo skin that tends to peel a lot (due to using retin-a, aha, and chemical peels), yet my skin is extremely oily at the same time. That's why this powder didn't work for me. It's very drying. Normally this would be a good thing, but for me, it just clings to my dry, peeling skin. It also makes me look white-ish pink. It's the strangest color. I have a summer tan on my skin and use Jergens Natural Glow for face (love this product) so I am slightly tan and look like I am trying to make myself whiter/lighter. It's summer - so I appreciate a summer tan. This powder just isn't flattering on me. And - as someone else said - it smells like an old lady's purse. Thankfully the smell dissipates after a few minutes. I will stick to my NYX Stay Matte, Not Flat powder foundation (my hg for now).

on 6/17/2017 8:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Wow, I wasn't sure what to think of this at first, but I'd read and seen so many reviews of it, that I had to try it. Hard to get as I'm from Canada, so had to order it online through Walmart and pick it up in the States when I was there. You can't beat the price--$5 US! I ordered two colours--translucent and naturally neutral. When I saw the shades, I immediately returned the translucent; it had a very pinkish cast to it, and the naturally neutral looked more, well, natural. I'm very happy with my choice.

There's a lot of powder in this jar--I have to tap the end of my powder brush on the top of the jar to release just enough powder as it originally wouldn't come out of the holes. Now that it's down a bit, it might come out if I tipped it over, but I find it just as easy to continue doing what I've been doing. People were right about the smell--total baby powder. It grossed me out at first as it's quite strong, but now I don't even notice it (about a month and a half after use). I did notice that the smell stays on my powder brush even though I washed it, which is interesting.

I have very oily skin, and this does a pretty good job of keeping it at bay, especially in the cooler months. It goes on nicely, and I try to buff it in a bit so it doesn't look to pale on me (I went to Mexico and got some colour, so am a little darker than my normal colouring right now). About halfway through the day, I have to touch-up and use Rimmel's Stay Matter powder for that. My other go-to powder is Boots translucent loose powder, but it's around $14 US and I can only find it in the States too, so I might end up switching to the Air Spun just because of cost, although I do find the Boots one works a little better.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This does cover good and make your pores look smaller but it smells horribly, breaks me out and gets everywhere.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Ohh this powder has never failed me! It's a timeless classic that works so well. I had only ever used the translucent extra coverage. The container always lasts me over a year! You just cannot go wrong with this! Always one of my hg!! :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have this in the shades Translucent Extra Coverage and Naturally Neutral. I use TE to set cream, cake make up. I use NN daily applied with a damp BB under my eyes to set concealer (at the moment timebalm) and to set liquid found. (Kat von D or Clinique). I have oily skin and this keeps me matte. I love the huge Container and the vintage scent of Lorigan. Its finelly milled and can be bought for 6-7 bucks. Its 65 g and comes in a plastic Container with a whie poofy thing i keep around for travelling but dont use it. Works great with the huge RT powder brush its huge but fits the coty container perfectly.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have been using it a week, but I don't see much difference between it and other loose translucent powders I have used--I still lean towards Boots' translucent loose powder. The Coty is very fragranced and does not seem to be milled as fine as the Boots. I will keep using it but it hasn't been the immediate HG that I expected/hoped for.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this for about a week and I'm loving it! I use it to "bake" and it works perfectly. I have oily skin and it has helped keep it under control. I also love the smell! I reminds me of the way Cabbage Patch dolls used to smell when I was a kid!lol

on 3/19/2016 10:26:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Very very silky powder and good feel at skin.
I tried so many loose powder but this is the one!!
I got from Walmart $6. So cheap and this powder dose wonderful job!!
I will purchase again.

on 11/24/2015 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is ok if you can get past the grandma smell. It is s decent finishing powder. I didn't notice a ton of oil control but does set your makeup. Will not purchase again. I like a nice powder but prefer pressed. I hate having messy powder all over my bathroom sink. You get a lot of power for you money but it is a bit messy. Drug store brand that has been around forever but is not very high quality in my opinion.