Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

4.1

on 10/26/2017 4:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love the vintage packaging & the crazy amount of powder you’re getting, that literally going to last forever! Not to mention to affordable price.
It’s not a travel- friendly tho, since it’s so bulky.

I use it for the “baking technique”, but as a setting powder- it’s too drying on my normal-dry skin. Maybe more suitable for oily skin?
It’s also have a pinkish hue, that (some what) mess with the color of the foundation.
As to date, I own seven different “translusant” powders
(RCMA, Coty, elf, NYC,innisfree,Rimmel,essence)
All of them contain a white, yellowish, pinkish hue,
That ״interfering״ with the foundation to some extent, this on is no exception.

on 10/13/2017 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is why I don't get the hype about this powder it dries out my undereye when I used it as a setting powder for my under eye .I would not repurshed again.

UPDATE :

I just find out what makes my foundation breaks after 5 hours. It's my Naruko anti-acne sunblock. One day i just ran out of my sunblock and i'm in a hurry so i just skip sunblock that day. I go with my usual routine which is moisturiser, foundation, concealer and airspun powder. And you know what?? My foundation looks AMAZING! My skin doesn't look that good in so long. My foundation lasted for almost 12 hours with very minimal touch-up. I'm loving this powder day by day by far the best setting powder i've ever have.

It's a love-hate feeling with this powder. I love this powder set my foundation. It looks flawless. A little goes a long way. Plus it so affordable and it lasts a very very long time.

But what I hate about this powder is the smell. OMG, i cannot stand the grandma smell. So strong. And the other downside (for me) is, it does set my foundation nice and beautiful. But, I'm very careful not to over powder because it will make my foundation look cakey and mask-y. Weird right? Yes, it happens to me. And after 5 hours using it I realised that all my foundation caked. I tried so many different foundations with this powder and I get the same result after 5 hours. I dunno what's going on but it's kinda sad because I wanted this powder to works on me so bad. Will not repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Classic. Best setting powder for the price. I only wish they would turn down the perfume! I use the translucent to set everything from foundation to lipstick. Great stuff!

on 5/2/2017 5:44:00 PM

For oily skin I think this would be great. However, I have combo/dry skin and it's not friendly with my dry areas. (even when I try to avoid those areas) I also think the fragrance inside (smells like grandma, which isn't bad but...) breaks me out. Powder is pretty finely milled but feels heavy on my skin, probably due to the drying factor. (my skin being dry)

on 12/27/2016 3:20:00 PM

Totally different now that it is made in china. Don't waste your money. Its not the powder people have loved for years

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I heard some good things about this product on YouTube. I mainly purchased with the intent of using as a setting powder for under my eyes and maybe to control some shine in my t-zone. I purchased the regular version of this in translucent. I hear there's a sensitive skin formula, which I wish I would have seen at the store. I got mine at Wal-mart for around $7.00 USD with taxes. It does come with tons of product so I thought that was a very good price.

The product is very heavily scented. This has been on the market for many, many years and it sure smells like an old lady's perfume! It's very strong. I don't care for it, but it wears away after time. The powder itself is lovely and very finely milled. It does help set my make up well. My biggest gripe is that it broke me out. I have very sensitive skin so it's probably the fragrance that's in the product causing the irritation. I had to get rid of it. I would maybe buy the sensitive skin version in the future. Truth be told I prefer pressed powders way more. Less messy.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

As Im nearing my mid thirties powder started to make me look much older than iam..... After being told by several friends to lose the powder in order to look my age or younger I was mortified. I had always loved wearing powder. I had purchased this several times in 18 years but it always was lost or stolen. So after reading rave reviews and reading Dita von Teese uses it as body makeup I decided to try it again. I bought translucent extra coverage and I'm so happy I did. This powder looks great clean and soft and dosent settle in and enhance any fine lines. I love the scent and it dosent make me break out. This is my new HIgh and far as powders go. No wonder it's stood the test of time since the 1920s!!!

on 8/1/2016 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

This is an amazing powder for less than $6 at Wal Mart. I am not sure what made me take so long to try this but it is wonderful! It is very finely milled, it sets my makeup just fine - I am NW45 for reference and this is indeed transparent on my dark skin. And this controls oil. I used it today over Estée Lauder Double Wear foundation in Rich Cocoa and yesterday I wore it over Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless in Coconut. I did not touch up the entire time I was at work. Now granted I pack this on but I love a matte face. I will continue to repurchase.

I have this in the newer plastic packaging, the smell is just weird and smells like an old grandma, it's very finally milled so don't expect it to have good coverage, I've only tried this once but it didn't wow me