Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

4.1

on 2/3/2018 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is by far one of the best loose face powders I've ever tried. It's fabulously lightweight, doesn't cake, doesn't make me look like a ghost, and has GREAT matte coverage that lasts all day long. The scent is wonderful too, and compliments my perfumes nicely.

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Let's start by the positives
The texture is extremely beautiful.
The amount you have for the price make it a bargain
Now the cons
Even though the texture is supper fine when you are running some between your fingers you can feel the dryness.No smoothness at all.Problably due to the mediocre talc uses in the formula
The smell!!!wow I never smell something so hideous. It could be an old fashion and sophisticated smell like the guerlain product but it's more like a old school and cheap type of smell
But smell is something very subjective
What is not is the fact such a high amount of perfume in a face product gonna irritate your skin
I got the color suntan cause I m a mixed person so it was a better choice for me than the translucent version. The pigments are ugly and just left an beigy orange cast on my face
Last this product is made in China
In conclusion this an outdated product loaded with irritants and pore clogging ingredients (lanolin,mineral oil,perfume,parabens)
You have better powder available nowadays like the maybelline fit loose powder ,the marcelle loose face powder.Dont fall for th2r YouTube hype
P.s:still better than the Laura Mercier who is the worst powder

on 10/26/2017 4:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really love the vintage packaging
(Starred in one of Mad Men episode, FYI :)
So, if it’s good enough for Betty... lol!
You’re getting crazy amount of powder
(2.3 oz/65 g) that literally going to last u forever!
In a ridiculously price point.
For the “baking technique” - it bright the undereyes beautifully, but that goes for the rest of the face as well. it’s definitely *not translucent* due to the pinkish hue- if you’re consider to use it as a setting powder.
Also, It’s heavily fragrance which is a throwback for me, and a bit “heavy” & drying for my normal-dry skin. I can see why this is a cult favorite,
but Maybe more suitable for oily skin types.
Moving on to the next..

on 10/13/2017 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is why I don't get the hype about this powder it dries out my undereye when I used it as a setting powder for my under eye .I would not repurshed again.

UPDATE :

I just find out what makes my foundation breaks after 5 hours. It's my Naruko anti-acne sunblock. One day i just ran out of my sunblock and i'm in a hurry so i just skip sunblock that day. I go with my usual routine which is moisturiser, foundation, concealer and airspun powder. And you know what?? My foundation looks AMAZING! My skin doesn't look that good in so long. My foundation lasted for almost 12 hours with very minimal touch-up. I'm loving this powder day by day by far the best setting powder i've ever have.

It's a love-hate feeling with this powder. I love this powder set my foundation. It looks flawless. A little goes a long way. Plus it so affordable and it lasts a very very long time.

But what I hate about this powder is the smell. OMG, i cannot stand the grandma smell. So strong. And the other downside (for me) is, it does set my foundation nice and beautiful. But, I'm very careful not to over powder because it will make my foundation look cakey and mask-y. Weird right? Yes, it happens to me. And after 5 hours using it I realised that all my foundation caked. I tried so many different foundations with this powder and I get the same result after 5 hours. I dunno what's going on but it's kinda sad because I wanted this powder to works on me so bad. Will not repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Classic. Best setting powder for the price. I only wish they would turn down the perfume! I use the translucent to set everything from foundation to lipstick. Great stuff!

on 5/2/2017 5:44:00 PM

For oily skin I think this would be great. However, I have combo/dry skin and it's not friendly with my dry areas. (even when I try to avoid those areas) I also think the fragrance inside (smells like grandma, which isn't bad but...) breaks me out. Powder is pretty finely milled but feels heavy on my skin, probably due to the drying factor. (my skin being dry)

on 12/27/2016 3:20:00 PM

Totally different now that it is made in china. Don't waste your money. Its not the powder people have loved for years

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I heard some good things about this product on YouTube. I mainly purchased with the intent of using as a setting powder for under my eyes and maybe to control some shine in my t-zone. I purchased the regular version of this in translucent. I hear there's a sensitive skin formula, which I wish I would have seen at the store. I got mine at Wal-mart for around $7.00 USD with taxes. It does come with tons of product so I thought that was a very good price.

The product is very heavily scented. This has been on the market for many, many years and it sure smells like an old lady's perfume! It's very strong. I don't care for it, but it wears away after time. The powder itself is lovely and very finely milled. It does help set my make up well. My biggest gripe is that it broke me out. I have very sensitive skin so it's probably the fragrance that's in the product causing the irritation. I had to get rid of it. I would maybe buy the sensitive skin version in the future. Truth be told I prefer pressed powders way more. Less messy.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

As Im nearing my mid thirties powder started to make me look much older than iam..... After being told by several friends to lose the powder in order to look my age or younger I was mortified. I had always loved wearing powder. I had purchased this several times in 18 years but it always was lost or stolen. So after reading rave reviews and reading Dita von Teese uses it as body makeup I decided to try it again. I bought translucent extra coverage and I'm so happy I did. This powder looks great clean and soft and dosent settle in and enhance any fine lines. I love the scent and it dosent make me break out. This is my new HIgh and far as powders go. No wonder it's stood the test of time since the 1920s!!!