Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

4.1

on 9/7/2018 8:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Firstly, I did not purchase this. It was given to me as a gift. I would not purchase unless this powder becomes cruelty free. But, coming from strictly a stance of reviewing the product itself, I have to say that this is possibly the best powder I've ever used. EVER.

I have the "Naturally Neutral" shade, which is a very light translucent. It doesn't really add any color, but I do find that it tones down the yellow undertones in my skin and gives almost a porcelain look, which I adore. I have used this for a couple days now to set my BB cream and my undereye concealer, and it works beautifully for both. It smooths my HAYUGE pores and really blurs the tiny fine lines under my eyes without emphasizing anything. I sometimes get dry patches, and this doesn't seem to accentuate them either. It's really awesome. It also contains no shimmer, but doesn't leave the skin looking dull.

This particular shade is scented, and while I don't mind it (it's got a nostalgic feel to it), it may be off-putting for some. It's quite floral and perfume-y.

The newer packaging doesn't have quite the vintage vibe of the old, but it's still dang good. It's not a screw-on lid, but I don't feel it's not secure or sturdy. It feels substantial. The sifter is actually decent in that it doesn't allow too much product to come out. This is mega helpful, as this is a very finely milled powder, so too much would make a mess. I can't really get on board with the puff it comes with, as it's a bit too wispy, but it does a good job of keeping the powder from escaping the sifter while the container is closed. I may purchase a large velour puff to keep in there instead, as I prefer a puff for application. That being said, this stuff does apply beautifully with a brush.

I've seen this go for $6 to $7, which is amazing since there's 2.3 ounces versus the e.l.f. loose powder that only amounts to 0.28 ounces. You're getting nearly ten times the amount that other loose powders on the market!

I really hope this becomes a cruelty-free brand, because even though it'll take me a million years to run out of this stuff, I would love to have the option to restock.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm going to be fair and give this a 3 based on how it performs, the cost and the super large size you get. It's a very nice powder and if it works for you, the size alone makes this an amazing find. Some people suggest trying the extra coverage translucent or one of the colored powders if the translucent isn't enough coverage for you. If you can handle the smell, that might be the way to go for fuller coverage. I find that a very light dusting gives me a beautiful finish and I don't need to blot at all. The included pouf is actually a very helpful tool for application. I did not notice any oxidation or flashback while using this.

But the scent is a real dealbreaker for me. It doesn't smell unpleasant in the sense I can't use it, but the scent fills my house up when I open it. Hubby actually came upstairs to ask what spray I had used. It dissipates within 10 minutes but then comes back everytime I get warm, or the sun hits my face. Even that wouldn't bug me, but as the scent returns my face starts to itch. I find the scent of Lancome Dual Finish powder very similar and I ended up passing on it for the same reason.

I find it super disappointing that the fragrance free version is nowhere to be found, especially as Coty owns a ridiculous amount of companies. Even if I didn't get itchy from the scent, I'd always prefer a fragrance free option when it comes to facial products. I'm hoping it's just another product they are repackaging across their brands.

on 2/3/2018 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is by far one of the best loose face powders I've ever tried. It's fabulously lightweight, doesn't cake, doesn't make me look like a ghost, and has GREAT matte coverage that lasts all day long. The scent is wonderful too, and compliments my perfumes nicely.

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Let's start by the positives
The texture is extremely beautiful.
The amount you have for the price make it a bargain
Now the cons
Even though the texture is supper fine when you are running some between your fingers you can feel the dryness.No smoothness at all.Problably due to the mediocre talc uses in the formula
The smell!!!wow I never smell something so hideous. It could be an old fashion and sophisticated smell like the guerlain product but it's more like a old school and cheap type of smell
But smell is something very subjective
What is not is the fact such a high amount of perfume in a face product gonna irritate your skin
I got the color suntan cause I m a mixed person so it was a better choice for me than the translucent version. The pigments are ugly and just left an beigy orange cast on my face
Last this product is made in China
In conclusion this an outdated product loaded with irritants and pore clogging ingredients (lanolin,mineral oil,perfume,parabens)
You have better powder available nowadays like the maybelline fit loose powder ,the marcelle loose face powder.Dont fall for th2r YouTube hype
P.s:still better than the Laura Mercier who is the worst powder

on 10/26/2017 4:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really love the vintage packaging
(Starred in one of Mad Men episode, FYI :)
So, if it’s good enough for Betty... lol!
You’re getting crazy amount of powder
(2.3 oz/65 g) that literally going to last u forever!
In a ridiculously price point.
For the “baking technique” - it bright the undereyes beautifully, but that goes for the rest of the face as well. it’s definitely *not translucent* due to the pinkish hue- if you’re consider to use it as a setting powder.
Also, It’s heavily fragrance which is a throwback for me, and a bit “heavy” & drying for my normal-dry skin. I can see why this is a cult favorite,
but Maybe more suitable for oily skin types.
Moving on to the next..

on 10/13/2017 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is why I don't get the hype about this powder it dries out my undereye when I used it as a setting powder for my under eye .I would not repurshed again.

UPDATE :

I just find out what makes my foundation breaks after 5 hours. It's my Naruko anti-acne sunblock. One day i just ran out of my sunblock and i'm in a hurry so i just skip sunblock that day. I go with my usual routine which is moisturiser, foundation, concealer and airspun powder. And you know what?? My foundation looks AMAZING! My skin doesn't look that good in so long. My foundation lasted for almost 12 hours with very minimal touch-up. I'm loving this powder day by day by far the best setting powder i've ever have.

It's a love-hate feeling with this powder. I love this powder set my foundation. It looks flawless. A little goes a long way. Plus it so affordable and it lasts a very very long time.

But what I hate about this powder is the smell. OMG, i cannot stand the grandma smell. So strong. And the other downside (for me) is, it does set my foundation nice and beautiful. But, I'm very careful not to over powder because it will make my foundation look cakey and mask-y. Weird right? Yes, it happens to me. And after 5 hours using it I realised that all my foundation caked. I tried so many different foundations with this powder and I get the same result after 5 hours. I dunno what's going on but it's kinda sad because I wanted this powder to works on me so bad. Will not repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Classic. Best setting powder for the price. I only wish they would turn down the perfume! I use the translucent to set everything from foundation to lipstick. Great stuff!

on 5/2/2017 5:44:00 PM

For oily skin I think this would be great. However, I have combo/dry skin and it's not friendly with my dry areas. (even when I try to avoid those areas) I also think the fragrance inside (smells like grandma, which isn't bad but...) breaks me out. Powder is pretty finely milled but feels heavy on my skin, probably due to the drying factor. (my skin being dry)

on 12/27/2016 3:20:00 PM

Totally different now that it is made in china. Don't waste your money. Its not the powder people have loved for years