Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Green age: 25-29
Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

3.8

I remember when I was a kid my mom was excited to find this because her grandmother used it and it reminded her of her. Now I bought and use this cuz it reminds me of my mom. I love the fragrance. It makes me feel like a 60s housewife in a good way. It also sets my makeup and makes me look poreless. Too much and I look like a powdery mime so I have to be careful.

The packaging isn't the greatest. There is a mound of powder up over the sifter from it being sent to me in the mail. The puff it comes with picks up too much product so I use a powder brush. I wish Coty was cruelty free as well :(

HOLY CRUD. What have I been doing with my life before this!?!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have absolutely nothing but good things to say about this powder. The price? A steal. The packaging is adorable and classic. The powder is a finely milled translucent shade that doesn't look cakey or leave a white residue. It also doesn't make my pores look bigger, which looking back, was an issue with the Maybelline loose powder I had used previously.

It is impossible to use "too much" of this powder, I put it all over my face and bake with it too, and somehow it doesn't cling to any areas or look ashen. Baking the undereyes with this is easy, I take the powder puff it comes with, fold it in half, dip it into a pile of the loose powder, then dab it along my undereyes and the highpoints of my cheekbones, under my cheek contour, and a bit on the Cupid's bow and center of my chin. It will mattify you GOOD, to the point where you may not need a single touch up in an 8 hour day, so if you are a dewy skin lover or a au natural type, this might be too much for every day wear.

For a long time I thought loose powder was loose powder, you've seen one you've seen em all, and boy was I WRONG... this blows other loose powders from the drugstore away (I haven't used Nyx HD in a while so I'm not sure how it compares to that one, but the others, yes), and gives the coveted Laura Mercier offering a run for its money. And indeed, that is a great powder as well, but for $40... hmm I'll stick with my Coty for the time being :)

I don't understand why this powder is called translucent when there's pigment to it. It's very pink, I'm sick of all this pink foundation and powder, no ones skin is pink, no one wants a pink hue to their skin. It's somewhat beige also, so it's useable. I don't understand why they can't make these off white. It does silightly make my foundation look a weird color and uneven.
I hate how there's a lot of shimmer in it, who wants their entire face shimmery? We wouldn't want shimmer in foundation, so why in powder?
It does keep oil away, I haven't noticed my face feeling dry and tight from it. It has a perfume smell, but not horribly, I haven't noticed this breaking out my face yet. The price is decent.
UPDATE: This broke my face out horribly, they really need to make face powders with gentle ingredients. The ingridents are obviously way to harsh or should not be used on the face to clog pores that bad and cause breakouts.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

The only thing that deserves 5 stars about this, is the packaging. I love vintage cosmetics, and Coty is good about keeping that very vintage packaging. Let me just warn my fellow acne prone, oily ladies because this stuff severely broke me out. I do have very sensitive skin, and I should have known by the awful perfume fragrance not to risk it, but I did. I honestly gave it a shot after my favorite YouTubers swear by this, but I still don't see why. It oxidized tremendously, smells awful, and makes a huge mess. Rimmel match perfection loose powder is 100% better than this, and sets to perfection making your skin look airbrushed.

on 10/19/2015 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought the Translucent extra coverage and it is okay. I haven't noticed any flashback in pictures and applied with a light hand it doesn't cause cakey-ness. It really does set your makeup, but I did notice on my skin if I used too much it would dull my blush and bronzer. I really like it for baking. Its so perfect for that technique and it will set all your under eye area very well. It's very soft on the face too. Not quite as finely milled as my UD or Dior powder, but for $6, I can't complain since the result is decent. It's definitely a matte finish with no sheen, glow, or glitter. I didnt find any problem with adding a powder illuminator over the top. It still looked natural. There is a scent, but it doesn't bother me at all. The packaging is big and bulky and not at all easy for travel. At least the design is attactive and the vintage look is super cute! I will continue to use this and experiment with it. Overall, I am pleased with this product and the price is right on point.

on 8/29/2015 11:34:00 PM

Wow this is a surprisingly good powder! It works better than some of the high end loose powders that I have tried for way less money, I only paid $6 at WalMart. What makes this an awesome product is it's unbeatable longevity on the skin, it lasted a good 6 hours with no shine on my combination skin, I didn't need a mid-day blot with powder and that's a first. This stuff also leaves your skin looking airbrushed and soft not dry and overly matte like some powders can. I am NW20 and this powder in shade " naturally neutral" complements my skin tone nicely. So glad I found a great product that saves me lots of money for other things that must have.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Loved everything about this powder... Except it broke me out really bad. Only reason I wouldn't repurchase though! My skin looked awesome after using this to set my foundation and it kept my oily skin matte--a miracle! Sadly, I retuned it since it didn't work for me. If you aren't acne-prone, though, I would highly recommend!

Review below I posted incorrectly! This stuff is life changing

on 6/17/2012 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love trying cult products, especially if they are retro. I've wanted to try this for years. I'm sad I missed out on trying the original paper box, but I know the plastic containers are an improvement on the original design.

So after years of wanting to try this product I picked this up in Naturally Neutral. I would normally pick up a translucent version, but I liked that the Naturally Neutral powder had a bit of yellow/warmth to it. The Translucent version seemed a bit more pink and I really try to avoid any sort of pink tinted powders be that face powder or eye shadow. I like my pink on my lips and my nails.

This perfume has a pretty noticeable scent, so if you are sensitive to scents I would avoid this product all together. The smell doesn't bother me personally.

I tend to not really like the look of face powder because it is a dead giveaway that you are wearing makeup, but I will say that unless I'm sitting in air conditioning, powder is necessary to set my foundation.

I use cream foundation (Gerda Spillmann) and this sets it nicely. I use a powder brush to blend in a small amount of this powder into my makeup. I really try to buff this stuff in as much as I can because like most powder this will cling to fine hairs on the face. I'm a hairy girl so I always have problems with powder highlighting (in a bad way) my facial hair. I don't know of any face powder that doesn't do this.

I've used a few other face powders in the past (Rimmel pressed powder, MUD loose trans. powder, Mac Blot Powder, etc.) and this performs nicely compared to those. I really loved Mac's blotting pressed powder, but I wanted to try something new. I can't really make a good comparison between this product and the Mac, but I think this product is of a decent quality for something so cheap. I give my thumbs up for anyone wanting to give this one a try. If you like it you get a TON of product, if you don't buy it somewhere like CVS so you can return it if you aren't pleased. Good luck! :)

Update: I've been using this instead of a foundation this summer and I'm loving it even more. It doesn't bother my skin and if I apply it carefully it doesn't feel heavy or gross even when I get very hot at work. It doesn't cover up all my scars and imperfections but I don't expect it to. If I'm going without foundation I know my complexion isn't going to look flawless, but this does seem to cut the edge off my and soften up my complexion. I give it two thumbs up when used all by itself :)