Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

Filtered by age: 25-29
Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

on 8/13/2017 11:34:00 AM

I tried this after getting recommended by my friends. As much as I want to love this product, it gives me some kind of itchiness after applying them on my face. I have combi skin but this product kinda irritates my skin (even though i dont have sensitive skin). The smell doesnt bothers me. It's just the itch i can't stand! Not gonna repurchase.

I don't understand why this powder is called translucent when there's pigment to it. It's very pink, I'm sick of all this pink foundation and powder, no ones skin is pink, no one wants a pink hue to their skin. It's somewhat beige also, so it's useable. I don't understand why they can't make these off white. It does silightly make my foundation look a weird color and uneven.
I hate how there's a lot of shimmer in it, who wants their entire face shimmery? We wouldn't want shimmer in foundation, so why in powder?
It does keep oil away, I haven't noticed my face feeling dry and tight from it. It has a perfume smell, but not horribly, I haven't noticed this breaking out my face yet. The price is decent.
UPDATE: This broke my face out horribly, they really need to make face powders with gentle ingredients. The ingridents are obviously way to harsh or should not be used on the face to clog pores that bad and cause breakouts.

on 7/9/2017 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hello oily skin ppl,
You need this in your life!
The oil-control of this powder is out of this world! I love to bake with it and it never accentuate my fine lines.
Normally my face becomes oily after 3-4 hours, but baking with this powder can last me 8 hours without touching up. My foundation is totally locked and does not transfer after baking. Even after 8 hours, i simply just dab my face with a tissue and my makeup is fresh again!
I know the scent is overpowering, but it reminds me of my grandma and i miss her...

For those who have really oily skin and feels this doesn't help, I would suggest after you dust the powder over your face to also take a sponge and layer on a thick layer over the most oily spots. After a few minutes, use a brush to brush off the excess. I believe others call this the baking method. This technique has helped my makeup last over 10 hours withoit touch up, something I could never do with any other powder! I have used the powder this way outside of work in different activities and locations and it has lasted me through the most humid of weather and even exercise. I would put on a base with sunscreen, a layer of bb cream, then use the powder like how I mentioned before, and even after 5 hours of hiking (yes I wear makeup even when hiking) my skin looks flawless and grease free. I have had oily skin since I was in 6th grade and this powder has been something I used since I was a teenager off and on. After learning the baking method I finally found a product and a technique that could keep my oily skin under control during the day! There is also so much product that it feels like you will never run out, which is fine since powder makeup can last much longer that liquid. Best to buy it from Walmart since it offers the cheapest price!

on 4/16/2017 7:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I use this to set the rest of my face that's not highlighted just before I contour. This powder Issa mask, it absorbs every oil.
Pros: it's affordable, it's long lasting I mean, this really takes agessss to get through, it's a mask, it gives you that extra coverage.
Cons: it comes with a flimsy powder puff ( tip: I replaced mine with the Laura mercier puff) , some may find the smell off putting as it's really ancient powdery type of scent, but it doesn't bother me, packaging!!! This needs to be improved. as this is my staple product I'll usually travel with it everywhere! And I find that it pours into the closed cap when packed find that a bit messy.

The holy grail powder for me. I'm very fair skin toned so the color is perfect for me. Sets my makeup perfectly all day, keeps the oil under control. Plus dirt cheap and one container probably lasts me nine months. Been using this product fot over ten years and every time I'm forced to try something else I'm left disappointed. It's getting harder to find though which makes me worried.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

The only thing that deserves 5 stars about this, is the packaging. I love vintage cosmetics, and Coty is good about keeping that very vintage packaging. Let me just warn my fellow acne prone, oily ladies because this stuff severely broke me out. I do have very sensitive skin, and I should have known by the awful perfume fragrance not to risk it, but I did. I honestly gave it a shot after my favorite YouTubers swear by this, but I still don't see why. It oxidized tremendously, smells awful, and makes a huge mess. Rimmel match perfection loose powder is 100% better than this, and sets to perfection making your skin look airbrushed.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a very luxurious powder. There's a silver screen glamorous feel that goes along with using it. It does it's job as a powder and then some: it gives a soft look to your skin, and provides medium coverage; it decreases the visibility of scars and pockmarks. It can definitely hold its own when compared to department store powders. I truly enjoy using this powder, and it somewhat worries me that Coty has been steadily discontinuing colors; it'll be a sad day if I go to buy it and find out that the whole line had been discontinued. But, I will enjoy it while I can.
Edit: I just thought I would add a note on application: I came to this loose powder from pressed powder. When applying the pressed, I would swirl the puff in the powder and drag it across the foundation on my face. If you do that with Airspun, you'll have a terrible makeup finish; it will move your foundation around. *Pat* the powder filled fluffy puff all over your face, like you'd see in an old Hollywood film, and then gently push off excess with either the puff or a brush; and your finish will be smooth.

on 9/25/2016 3:57:00 PM

I swear by this stuff not only does it set incredibly well it's basically sweat proof amazing stuff despite the old women smell

Absolutely the best powder loose or otherwise that I have ever tried. I have never seen any makeup item blends this smoothly and invisibly into the skin. It is perfect for setting tacky undereye concealers and liquid foundations. It can even be used alone on a minimal makeup day just to perfect the skin, even out tone and texture and reduce oil. It looks incredibly natural and is so soft on the skin. You can't even see the powder on your face looking into a magnifying glass because it is that finely milled.