Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

on 9/7/2018 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

A friend recommend me this powder & after trying powder after powder after powder, this one is definitely my favorite! Nothing keeps me oil-free as long as this does! It doesn’t accentuate my pores, fine lines or forehead texture but I do try my best to be light-handed with it. If you have oily skin & you’re in the market for a setting powder, i highly recommend this one. It does have that “grandma” smell to it but it’s kinda soothing plus I didn’t notice it after a while so it doesn’t linger for long.

I remember when I was a kid my mom was excited to find this because her grandmother used it and it reminded her of her. Now I bought and use this cuz it reminds me of my mom. I love the fragrance. It makes me feel like a 60s housewife in a good way. It also sets my makeup and makes me look poreless. Too much and I look like a powdery mime so I have to be careful.

The packaging isn't the greatest. There is a mound of powder up over the sifter from it being sent to me in the mail. The puff it comes with picks up too much product so I use a powder brush. I wish Coty was cruelty free as well :(

on 6/18/2018 1:19:00 AM

I love this for both functional and nostalgic reasons. I love the scent but it is a bit strong. Used alone it smooths out my skin fairly well but as a setting powder for foundation, my skin looks airbrushed and flawless. My only complaint is that when I use it over foundation I feel it sucks the moisture out of it after a couple of hours. Used alone over my daily face cream and sunscreen has never made my skin feel dry. I tend to like scented products so the smell doesn’t bother me but I’d like to try a fragrance free version. The color range is limited as well, so I don’t know if the translucent would really work for darker skin tones. The translucent makes me look washed out.

on 6/18/2018 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

So cakey, emphasized pores and fines lines, created under eye creases and makes your face look super powdery and heavy. Just no.
You can easily find better product .Too much perfume, contains mineral oil

HOLY CRUD. What have I been doing with my life before this!?!

on 2/15/2018 8:24:00 PM

I think that i'm cursed... I am usually in the minority when it comes to products that people love, and this is no exception.

I remember I tried this once, and i remember the oil control being amazing... but now that I have used it a handful of times, im thinking that it must have been the foundation or maybe just a good skin day because i CANT get this to work!!!

I have tried applying with different brushes and techniques to no avil, FFS! Not to mention, it really does smell like walking into your grandmas house. I also think the fact that it has mineral oil in it makes a pimple or two pop up here and there which is disappointing. Also, it doesnt set my foundation well - I look ashy and calky, all while still being oily 30 mins later.

I wish I could return this, I really have no use for it now.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

- Very nice powder.
- Adds an incredible softness to the skin.
- You'll achieve very flawless skin when using this.
- Does have a slight pink undertone, I'm afraid that it will turn up a bit ashy on darker skintones.
- The smell is very strong and perfumish, however it disappears when it is blended.
- Does have a slight flashback on photos!

** I bought the colour translucent **

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have absolutely nothing but good things to say about this powder. The price? A steal. The packaging is adorable and classic. The powder is a finely milled translucent shade that doesn't look cakey or leave a white residue. It also doesn't make my pores look bigger, which looking back, was an issue with the Maybelline loose powder I had used previously.

It is impossible to use "too much" of this powder, I put it all over my face and bake with it too, and somehow it doesn't cling to any areas or look ashen. Baking the undereyes with this is easy, I take the powder puff it comes with, fold it in half, dip it into a pile of the loose powder, then dab it along my undereyes and the highpoints of my cheekbones, under my cheek contour, and a bit on the Cupid's bow and center of my chin. It will mattify you GOOD, to the point where you may not need a single touch up in an 8 hour day, so if you are a dewy skin lover or a au natural type, this might be too much for every day wear.

For a long time I thought loose powder was loose powder, you've seen one you've seen em all, and boy was I WRONG... this blows other loose powders from the drugstore away (I haven't used Nyx HD in a while so I'm not sure how it compares to that one, but the others, yes), and gives the coveted Laura Mercier offering a run for its money. And indeed, that is a great powder as well, but for $40... hmm I'll stick with my Coty for the time being :)

on 8/13/2017 11:34:00 AM

I tried this after getting recommended by my friends. As much as I want to love this product, it gives me some kind of itchiness after applying them on my face. I have combi skin but this product kinda irritates my skin (even though i dont have sensitive skin). The smell doesnt bothers me. It's just the itch i can't stand! Not gonna repurchase.

I don't understand why this powder is called translucent when there's pigment to it. It's very pink, I'm sick of all this pink foundation and powder, no ones skin is pink, no one wants a pink hue to their skin. It's somewhat beige also, so it's useable. I don't understand why they can't make these off white. It does silightly make my foundation look a weird color and uneven.
I hate how there's a lot of shimmer in it, who wants their entire face shimmery? We wouldn't want shimmer in foundation, so why in powder?
It does keep oil away, I haven't noticed my face feeling dry and tight from it. It has a perfume smell, but not horribly, I haven't noticed this breaking out my face yet. The price is decent.
UPDATE: This broke my face out horribly, they really need to make face powders with gentle ingredients. The ingridents are obviously way to harsh or should not be used on the face to clog pores that bad and cause breakouts.