Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

4.1

I got this after months of hearing the hype about it and I was so excited! I have dry skin so I don't use too much powder anyway, so I didn't need this powder to work wonders. When I opened it it does have quite a strong floral-y scent to it, but I liked the scent so it didn't bother me. I used it with a brush and I didn't really notice anything different to my usual Rimmel powder, but it did make my skin SUPER soft! It didn't dry it out or anything. I then began using it to set under my under eye concealer mix of the NYX under eye colour corrector and my Maybelline age rewind. I did it using my Real Techniques beauty blender (damp of course) to press the powder in as I tend to get very noticeable crease lines her and the powder fixed them all! Overall a great buy and not too expensive so I will definitely be buying again!

on 7/21/2017 12:42:00 PM

I have combo skin, I was absolutely excited to purchase this product and try it out, but once I opened it, the smell of baby powder and elder-perfume maksed the room and my face and after 2 hours of wearing the powder, I realized I had cake face

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I was really excited when my mom brought me Airspun since she knew I'd been dying to try it out since I saw one of my favorite youtubers rave about it. As soon as I opened it, the smell was a little disturbing but I managed to stomach it. When I did put it on, it left my skin feeling very soft but I noticed it exagerated a dry patch (which I didn't even know was there!), and that was when things started going downhill. I tested the product on flash and I finally understood when people said "flashback mary!" Before coming to a verdict as to why there was flashback, I read reviews from a handfull of sites and saw that many people didn't recommend this product for darker skin tones (which I am). I thought that because I wasn't as dark as my other beautiful POC MAU, I would be fine. oh was I wrong. I don't really regret buying this because it was just $5, but if I would've known better, I could've saved up those $5 to buy a setting powder that didn't make me look like a ghost with flash photography! My point is, research a product before you buy it, ESPECIALLY if you're making the purchase online.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I liked this loose powder for a long time but it's just not doing it for me. It doesn't have enough oil control for my super oily skin. After reading some of the other reviews, the talc is starting to freak me out a little bit. I'm almost considering buying a different loose powder because I didn't know that talc could cause ovarian cancer. I don't care for the fragrance either. It smells so bad oh my goodness. The only thing I like about this powder is how good it is for baking. Other than that, it's a pretty average powder. I just really wish they would get rid of the talc.

When I first bought into the hype and tried this powder, I absolutely hated it. It looked cakey over my foundation and clumped up around my forehead and nose no matter how I prepped my skin, what foundation I used, and how I applied the powder (baking, very light dusting, nada). I couldn't justify throwing it away with how much powder was left, so Airspun ended up being tossed to the back of my collection.

BUT THEN. I was looking for a powder foundation with medium coverage that I could wear on a daily basis with minimal touch ups. I decided to experiment and pulled out Airspun again, instead buffing it into my mostly bare skin (on top of moisturizer and concealer) with a round top kabuki. And it was love.

I have combination skin that's been on the oily side lately, and while I've been having issues with my face getting shiny a few hours later, this powder kept my skin matte and velvety all day--maybe even a little TOO matte (which is an error on my part; I could have benefited from the use of a highlighter). I have a few acne scars and discoloration, and while they were not completely covered they were less noticeable and my skin looked nicer overall. Wearing it this way did not look cakey whatsoever, and it's nice to know it still serves a purpose for me. I have Translucent Extra Coverage, and its undertone is a little too neutral for my NC30 skin, but nothing that bothers me too much. My blush and bronzer went on smoothly on top of this, and I have no other complaints.

Bottom line: if baking or setting with Coty Airspun didn't work for you, try using it as a powder foundation!

I heard about this powder a couple years ago and I heard great things about it, so I was super excited when I was at Walgreens just looking at what was new there and I saw this powder. I expect a few things from a translucent powder: actually appear translucent on the skin, keeping my t-zone from getting too greasy, and not making my makeup look thicker or cakey. This powder is okay, but I wouldn't pay any more for it. The first thing I noticed was the scent which was a strong clean scent. It took me a while to get past that but I figured if it was a decent powder the smell wouldn't be a big deal. I applied it using a real techniques powder brush to set my foundation and concealer. It was translucent and didn't make my makeup appear cakey. After a couple hours of wear I noticed my skin getting oily, which usually doesn't happen with my foundation and setting powder that I had previously used. Another thing about this powder is the mess it makes, as the packaging isn't the greatest. Every time I open and close it some of the product gets out either into the air or onto the counter.

There are definitely pros and cons to this powder. It does apply nicely at first and it does appear translucent on my light skin. It also doesn't make my face look overdone and cakey. The cons being the smell, the mess/packaging, and it didn't keep my skin from becoming oily. Personally I will not repurchase this powder but if you have dry or normal skin I definitely think this powder would work well for you if you don't mind the smell.

on 7/18/2016 10:27:00 PM

FLASHHBACK!!!!!!! This is the biggest problem with this powder I've used it about 10x to bake my under eyes with different foundations but everytime it either gave me horrible flashback or changed the color of my foundation completely:( not bad for the price but I honestly wouldn't recommend it !

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This powder is amazing at oil control, seriously kept me matte all day!! really like the texture, doesn't make you look too powdery or cakey if dusted on well. Incredible formula, comparable to LM's loose translucent powder.

Okay, the reason why its only 4 lippies is because of the smell. I CANNOT stand the smell. I read previous reviews before about how some won't like it, but I'm usually not too bothered by these things. This one though... whew!!! the moment I opened it, the smell just overpowered everything. It is STRONG, to the point that it made me really really reluctant to put it on my face. It lingers as well, I got faint whiffs of it throughout the day. Awful. Like old, dusty perfume.

The formula is good enough for me to deal with that, though. I guess if you're chill with the smell then its worth it!

I absolutely love this as a setting powder. You get a ton of product and its easy to pile and bake with it. I actually prefer it over my bare minerals, one because it is so much cheaper and two because of the look and easy use. It also doesn't fly around and make a huge mess like my NYX translucent powder. It is a creamier powder. The only bad thing about this is on mine, the lid isn't a screw on, it just sits on there, so it can be bad if you drop it and the lid pops off. The powder does have a fairly strong older people smell, but i honestly can't say i dislike it. I guess it may bring back old memories. Overall a great product and will most likely be used every day for me.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

So after reading the reviews, I decided to purchase this. I was very excited and pumped to use this, and maybe it's the way I put it on, but at the end of the day, my face looked NOT cute. I did check for oil during regular intervals, but the face I looked at in the morning on my mirror looked so much different from the one I saw that afternoon. I still kept trying it for a week, but to no avail it was not good for me. I'm not sure what went wrong (application/skin type/???) but I'm bummed out it didn't work out. I switched back to my original face powder (NYC Smooth Skin Loose Face Powder) and my makeup look fab again. I seriously hoped it worked good for me. At least it smelled good to me!