Butter London All Hail the Queen

image 1image 2image 3image 4

4.4

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This such a nice formula. I was looking for a brown shade of nail polish and found this one, and who would have known is one of Butter London most popular shade. It is just gorgeous, It is a brown taupe color with hints of shimmer. The formula is so good. It does not look streaky as other popular brands. Your hands just glow with this color. It is a neutral shade that goes well with any look. I look at my hands time and time again and they just look adorable.

on 1/24/2016 7:02:00 PM

All Hail the Queen is one of Butter London's most popular shades, but I actually don't care for this one at all. It's shimmery taupe/beige, a fancy but workplace-friendly neutral.

Nudes are so tricky, I guess it's just a matter of skintone. Well on my nails, this shade just looked muddy and unflattering. It just wasn't pretty or fun to wear.

Excellent Butter London formula though. Opaque in two coats and no problems with application or wear. And as always with BL, drying time was a snap for me.

I love Butter London, it's probably my favorite nail polish brand. But I really didn't like this particular shade and I wouldn't buy it again.

To Read all 72 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/5/2015 12:31:00 PM

I have the fashion size of this polish, and I really like it. It applied smoothly and covered in two coats. It doesn't look like much in the bottle, but it's got a pretty holographic shimmer to it. Definitely could wear in most work environments, if that's an issue for you.

on 12/25/2014 2:37:00 PM

This is a gorgeous, brown/taupe shade with a slight pink microshimmer. I love Butter London's formula,my manis last about five days.

on 7/13/2014 3:05:00 PM

I enjoy this subtle neutral color. The formula is great, but the brush is meh.

on 3/21/2014 12:19:00 PM

I tried this only because Ulta had a sale 2 for $15. I'm pleasantly surprised at how much I love this color. It's got the halo effect but very subtle. Not sure how well it holds up yet.

on 5/26/2013 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Oh Butter London, why must your beautiful polishes have such crappy substandard brushes? I have a love hate relationship with you. I love the colors and this one is no exception. A gorgeous neutral beige/tan/gold holo. While this is a holo it isn't in your face. You really have to be right up close to see it. This is office friendly and this is gorgeous. It has fine golden shimmers throughout and they are not only in the bottle but oh yes, they are on my nails. Oh this is a stunner for sure. I really like the little cornered bottles as they nest together so well and take up little space so they are perfect for storage. The cap pops off to reveal the brush beneath and it is easier to work with the rounded brush cap instead of the cornered rectangle shaped one. The brush is really small though and it takes numerous strokes to apply polish and I have small nails. If it takes me 2 or 3 strokes to do a pinky that normally I barely use the tip of a professional style brush on then imagine how many it takes to do a thumbnail. I didn't count but I think it was about 6. Now that makes the polish go on unevenly and tend to streak. I will say that the brush fans out well though and it easy to work with overall. But the professional style brushes that bargain Wet N Wild and Sally Hansen are using have spoiled me. I just thought for this much money they would give you a better quality brush. Oh well, overall this applies smoothly and stays where you lay it and does not run or pool. It does not drip off the brush like some tend to do. It is easily workable and does dry fairly fast and has a nice shine even though I did not top coat this. This isn't the best color for my fair skintone, and it looks tan/brown on me rather than beige/gold but I love it anyway. This is actually the same color as my Urban Decay Naked 2 palette box! I just noticed that since it is sitting right here. I used a coupon to get this, but I would pay full price, which is $15 now (eek!) even with the crappy brush. This is one you buy for the beautiful color, and isn't that what it's all about?

I coveted this polish forever before I actually plunked down the cash to buy it on my birthday. I am not usually a glitter kind of girl but I saw swatches of it and it looked so pretty.

I fell in love with the first coat. It goes on kind of sheer on the first coat, but with two coats it reached the desired opacity for me. It has the micro-glitter but it felt completely smooth on my nail. It's neutral but with a bit of a fun twist.

I'd definitely buy this again.

on 11/29/2012 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

This is my first and only Butter London polish, which I purchased over the summer to wear in a wedding. If you aren't a huge fan of neutral shades because you like your nail colors to have a bit more pep, I think this color is a good option because it is a gorgeous color that is both work-friendly but not entirely dull. The shade also complimented my light neutral olive skin without making my hands look too pink or red. Seems like a silly thing to be concerned with but some polishes just DON'T work for my skin tone. My primary problem with this polish is that I can't get it to last without chipping or wearing within a day or so, even on my toes! I've tried it with and without a variety of base and top coats and it just doesn't want to last on my nails OR my toenails. Very disappointing, especially because it applies rather smoothly and only takes about 2-3 quick drying coats to get the opacity I want. It's inability to last--especially considering the price tag--is preventing me from purchasing further Butter polishes, even though I've been dreaming about Wallis.

on 11/21/2012 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The color is really pretty. The consistency is the the sheer side but 2 layers would look perfect. $14 for a nail polish is a little pricey. The color is hard to find a dupe though

Popular Polishes