Studio Gear Prime Objective Skin Perfecting Face Primer

Studio Gear Prime  Objective Skin Perfecting Face Primer

4.6

Wow. Maybe my expectations were too high after reading all of the glowing reviews. I would rate this as slightly better than average, but nothing special. I'll use the rest of the product, but will continue looking for something I love.

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I hate to bring the overall rating down, but this primer really isn't anything to write home about: it's just nothing special. I bought it on ebay because I didn't feel like spending $30 or whatever it goes for. It just feels like a regular silicone based primer to me, except not as heavy as something like Smashbox. Unfortunately, this primer does nothing to enhance/improve the wear/longevity of my makeup. It also sort of pills on my face if I accidentally use too much, which is never a good look. I wouldn't recommend this at all.

To Read all 13 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/21/2016 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Best product on the market. A bit pricy but well worth the money. Was introduced to this face primer at Ulta in Pittsburgh over 7 years ago. Although the packaging has changed its been a staple in my makeup bag. Have tried less expensive products through the years thinking I could save a few $$ but always ended up going back. If you're going to splurge on anything I suggest you do it on Studio Gear Primer. By the way I'm 67 years old ( no plastic surgery) and my skin looks flawless. Fills in pores and makeup goes on flawlessly.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love the packaging!! Awesome sanitary pump. Very practical packaging. I wish I loved this primer as much as everyone else though! Although it is a great primer, I learned through using it that silicone makes me breakout. Anytime I have used this, I breakout the very next day & for a week after. Although the breakout is minor, it's still annoying. Sadly, I'll only be using this primer on special occasions & on others for their weddings. Don't think I'll buy again. Anyone have good recommendations for a silicone-free primer? For those of you who are against silicone and haven't tried it as primer yet, I recommend trying it. Silicone-based primers really do work excellently. They don't break everyone out, so it's worth trying it for yourself.

UPDATE: I LOVE this stuff! I have been using it this spring on myself & others and it is amazing! It makes make-up last ALL DAY!!! Even a foundation that normally wears away after 5 hours lasted all day long! It works wonders and that is what matters in a primer. As mentioned, I just don't use primers everyday, only on special occasions.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

YES, YES, YES....this is the awesome, right here. Makeup goes on smooth as a baby's butt, lol. Keeps oily's at bay for most of the day. Pore's are not emphasized and my Studio Gear Mineral foundation looks gorgeous. This even beat out my favorite Smashbox primer...plus, it's cheaper :-)

This is $30 at Ulta but it's been the best purchase ever. I have very oily, acne prone skin and this seems to have actually cleared my skin up. I have large pores and this definitely helps make my once-always-cakey makeup look flawless! Definitely worth the purchase! A little bit goes a long way!

on 2/10/2014 11:08:00 AM

I have Benefit Flawless 15 hour primer now (the stick) and I actually like the Studio Gear better. It goes on really silky and smooth, only takes a tiny bit for the whole face and makes my make up look fab! I love the texture so much that I rub it into my hands after I use it on my face.

Holy Grail Holy Grail!
I love how there are 2 primers one that is the Prime Objective face primer that costs $30 and the other primer is the same primer but that one contains spf 20 and that one is valued at $35.oo I really do like the option of purchasing a product with or without the spf.
Once applied over the skin it instantly smooths out your skin, leaving your skin feeling silky smooth. I did notice a prolonged wear of my foundation, it even upheld through one of my hot flashes. I am on a certain type of medication that causes me to have hot flashes and if my makeup can still be seen through one of those then that product is a holy grail! I really didn't see my skin looking bright and lightened but overall I really do like the ingredients in this product, and how it prolonged my foundation. I know with prolonged use of the product my skin is being treated while I wear it, especially if your doing skin preventative, and if you have mature skin your going to love the fact that it contains retinol. Overall this is a great product to have in your makeup collection

on 6/21/2012 10:46:00 PM

wow, I am new to this brand and so far am loving it. I have this primer without sunscreen (don't want it interfering w/my daily ss). This is an amazing primer. It makes my pores look great and after three weeks of daily use I do believe it is making my skin look better, it does not clog pores and says it has some healthy ingredients . I am using this with Studio Gear matte foundation and am highly impressed. This is a great brand.

on 5/30/2012 5:07:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This is my favorite primer, but I only use it when wearing foundation with no or very low SPF. I use the version of this primer that has SPF 20. I don't use it every day because of the cost; if money were no object, I'd definitely use it more often. Anyway, this really helps with covering large pores and keeping my oily T-zone in check. It does not seem to cause clogged pores or pimples. I purchased this primer at Ulta with a 20% off coupon, which takes some of the sting out of the $35 price tag.