Revlon Just Bitten Lip Stain- Forbidden

Filtered by eye Color : Green
No Image

4.5

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I actually really really like this. I hate stains that turn fuschia, which most do. This one has zero fuschia in it, and is a lot like my natural lips, but better. When I put this on, I look like I just had a heavy makeout session.You know the look, slightly plumped and blood filled lips. Exactly the look I'm going for. I would describe this color as brownish red with no pink undertones, more like orange undertones. Forbidden and dawn are the best colors in this line. Dawn is a lighter version of Forbidden. I'm NC 30/35 for reference. If you are any lighter than this, you might find this color a bit dark for your liking.

on 10/25/2011 11:05:00 AM

This looks beautiful with L'Oreal Infallible 6 hour lip gloss in Barely Nude (615) on top. Real staying power and a gorgeous color.

on 10/9/2011 10:55:00 AM

I originally purchased this in the summer when I was a brunette and I thought it looked to harsh and dark. I ended up tossing it into my small mound of lipsticks and forgot about it until last week. Now I really love this colour and it works for me with my red hair and it being autumn when I like to wear darker make-up. It's a great shade of terracotta that really works with my red hair, fair complexion, and fall wardrobe. The only down side is the balm as it breaks off easily and I really wish it was retractable as I'm clumsy. Because of the balm I wouldn't repurchase, but will shop around for other brands of lip stains.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

When you use lips stains... you cannot have dry lips. A stain will only fall into cracks in the lips, so use a balm for about 10-15 minutes beforehand while doing the rest of your makeup. I cannot live without this product and shade now. When I first bought it, I hated it. I've finally figured out that you have to use this like a magic marker. How does a magic marker go onto skin evenly? When you use this vertically on your mouth the color is distributed evenly and the finish is beautiful! You can still lightly line your lips with the stain and then do this, but this is the most effective way so there is no bleeding or excess stain that builds up on your lips. I've used a lot of stains, and this is the best one on the market. Nevermind the high end brands... those don't work either. I wear this every day and my balm hasn't broken off. I can't believe I didn't try to work with this earlier. No makeup is fool proof, so work with it a little more! When you choose a lip stain you have to keep in mind the true shade of your lips. The darker your lips, the darker the stain will appear. On me this is a perfect neutral berry rose shade and the entire lip never fades.

Popular Lips Products