Revlon Just Bitten Lip Stain- Forbidden

Filtered by skin type : Combination
No Image

3.1

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

The color this projected on my lips was not what I thought it was going to be. It has a strange orange shine to it. Also, the stain doesn't last very long, which defeats the purpose of a stain. Not into it at all.

on 5/2/2012 6:49:00 PM

I bought this color judging the tube, it is less intense than the other colors with hues of brown-orange. No it is not. It is th most intense red I have in my stash. Intense in a bad way, like I just suck someones blood, maybe that's where the name comes form. I don't like it. The balm side, I would rather apply petroleoum jelly.

on 10/25/2011 11:05:00 AM

This looks beautiful with L'Oreal Infallible 6 hour lip gloss in Barely Nude (615) on top. Real staying power and a gorgeous color.

on 10/9/2011 10:55:00 AM

I originally purchased this in the summer when I was a brunette and I thought it looked to harsh and dark. I ended up tossing it into my small mound of lipsticks and forgot about it until last week. Now I really love this colour and it works for me with my red hair and it being autumn when I like to wear darker make-up. It's a great shade of terracotta that really works with my red hair, fair complexion, and fall wardrobe. The only down side is the balm as it breaks off easily and I really wish it was retractable as I'm clumsy. Because of the balm I wouldn't repurchase, but will shop around for other brands of lip stains.

I tried this product mainly because I'm not that fond of lipstick but do like to have some colour on my lips. With lipstick I find that I either have to keep reapplying it throughout the day, or they chap my lips - especially the colourfast ones. So I bought this product and so far I'm impressed with it; it lasts a whole day's work (including food, drink, and lots of talking). I have been reapplying balm, but I do that anyway. Just be careful of the balm end - you have to recap it carefully. A pity it doesn't retract.

on 4/9/2011 1:26:00 AM

i agree with midge55....maybe it's our age! i also saw the recommedation by Helen Mirren, and figured if it's good enough for her, why not try it??! it takes some extra time to apply the stain evenly, bu after applying the balm, it looks great! curious about the other shades, but this is perfect for me.

This stain was a little darker than I expected, but I like it for evening looks. I just make sure to clean and dry my lips very well before applying and it goes on evenly. I agree that the balm is a little icky feeling, but I just throw on a sheer gloss instead.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I just got this lipstain today expecting a dark terracotta shade like the color of the packaging. unfortunately it isn't like that at all on me! it's more purple with just a hint of brown. not very flattering with my peaches 'n cream skin and dark circles. i was debating between this shade and flame, which i'll pick up next time i have some more pocket change.

Other than the color though, i love it! It's lasted me through lunch and the stain didn't leave residue on the anything, even on the lip balm end that i used right after.

I could see this drying out fast if not stored tip down, and you do have to exfoliate any dead skin and moisturize your lips well... but that's the price for using any felt tip lipstain.

on 1/11/2011 9:09:00 AM

I was a little afraid to try this product after reading the reviews, but Helen Mirren highly recommended it in InStyle magazine as a natural lip color, so I thought I would give it a try. Perfect color, just my lip color, only more accentuated, very natural looking. I do apply vertically as a reviewer suggested, and it works great - no complaints.

on 11/2/2010 1:54:00 PM

I am a chapstick addict but was hoping to find something to add a bit more color to my lips. I hate lipstick because it comes off so easily for me so when I saw these I thought I'd try it and see what happens. I first tried the other one that Drew Barrymore does an ad for and the one I bought was dried out so I returned it and bought the forbidden lip stain instead seeing as it had a balm with it. The color is ok, but not quite what I was hoping for. It feels very dry on my lips and while the balm helps, the sensation doesn't last long enough for me. For being a stain, I don't see the color lasting either. I was not impressed and for $9 a tube, I was even more disappointed. Oh well, live and learn.

Popular Lips Products