Revlon Just Bitten Lip Stain- Forbidden

No Image

2.9

on 3/30/2012 7:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

For the money, this is definitely not what I'm used to with Revlon. I've been happy with their lipsticks in the past, but this cost about $12 and is nothing more than a magic marker on one end and a clunky blob of chapstick on the other. The balm end broke off the second time I used it. C'mon Revlon--this product will ruin your good name.

on 10/9/2011 10:55:00 AM

I originally purchased this in the summer when I was a brunette and I thought it looked to harsh and dark. I ended up tossing it into my small mound of lipsticks and forgot about it until last week. Now I really love this colour and it works for me with my red hair and it being autumn when I like to wear darker make-up. It's a great shade of terracotta that really works with my red hair, fair complexion, and fall wardrobe. The only down side is the balm as it breaks off easily and I really wish it was retractable as I'm clumsy. Because of the balm I wouldn't repurchase, but will shop around for other brands of lip stains.

I tried this product mainly because I'm not that fond of lipstick but do like to have some colour on my lips. With lipstick I find that I either have to keep reapplying it throughout the day, or they chap my lips - especially the colourfast ones. So I bought this product and so far I'm impressed with it; it lasts a whole day's work (including food, drink, and lots of talking). I have been reapplying balm, but I do that anyway. Just be careful of the balm end - you have to recap it carefully. A pity it doesn't retract.

on 4/9/2011 1:26:00 AM

i agree with midge55....maybe it's our age! i also saw the recommedation by Helen Mirren, and figured if it's good enough for her, why not try it??! it takes some extra time to apply the stain evenly, bu after applying the balm, it looks great! curious about the other shades, but this is perfect for me.

on 3/31/2011 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

My thoughts on this are lukewarm...I was hoping it would be more of a YLBB color but it is surprisingly dark and a little harsh on me. I've tried lipstains/markers in the past with little luck because they are usually so drying but I was hopeful this one would be different since it has a lipbalm on the other end. The lipbalm had a fine enough texture but didn't offer any moisture nor any setting properties like it said it would. As far as wear, it is long wearing but like another reviewer said, it sort of comes off in little clumps and very unevenly. Another issue I have is the lip balm end is not retractable so I suspect I will accidentally break it off soon.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I just got this lipstain today expecting a dark terracotta shade like the color of the packaging. unfortunately it isn't like that at all on me! it's more purple with just a hint of brown. not very flattering with my peaches 'n cream skin and dark circles. i was debating between this shade and flame, which i'll pick up next time i have some more pocket change.

Other than the color though, i love it! It's lasted me through lunch and the stain didn't leave residue on the anything, even on the lip balm end that i used right after.

I could see this drying out fast if not stored tip down, and you do have to exfoliate any dead skin and moisturize your lips well... but that's the price for using any felt tip lipstain.

Great idea, but in practice it's not that long-lasting. The color of this Forbidden shade is lovely - a subtle plum that looks great on my pale skin. My husband said it was "sexy" and he never comments on my lipstick. However, it wore off pretty quickly after eating and drinking.

I did try leaving it on overnight and then found it wore off much less quickly the next day, and wasn't "gone" until after dinner.

The Joe Fresh lip tints last longer than this for $6 Cdn. The only problem with those is that the "stain" you get doesn't always match the color of the product when first applied, but at least it's color.

on 10/29/2010 8:52:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I bought this last week in the color Frenzy. The first problem was that the color was a lot darker than it looked. The color was supposed to be a purplish pink and turned out to be bright red. Ok, I like red, so no big deal. When I first applied it I liked it. It looked even and not dry. I tested it out the first time just around the house for a few hours, but once I'd eaten it started to wear off in the middle like someone else said. I wore it one more time to work, and I figured since I was at work and not eating it would last longer, but no, I ended up with the ring around the mouth look. It went back to CVS a few days ago.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

What a great idea. Just a few years ago it seemed like lip tint was a little harder to find in drugstores. I always stood by the classic Benetint which is pricey but lasts forever. Now lip stain is all over the place, all the major drugstore brands have a product like this. Since Revlon is my fallback I decided to start here. What I love about the "Just Bitten Lip Stain" line is the variety of colors. I chose "Forbidden" because it's neutral but seemed like it could be doubled up to appear more glamorous. It was a bit drying to my lips even after I applied the glossy chap stick thing at the other end, but overall I loved the color. The problem is, after a few hours all the color in the center disappears and I'm left with a very unappealing lip liner look. Can you think of anything more tacky than a thick line of brownish red stain around your lips with bare nothingness in the center? Although I love the gimmick of using a marker to shade my lips, it's really just a flawed product. Although I'm temped to see what the other colors are like, at $9 a pop I'll probably have to pass.

on 10/19/2010 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I really like this! I love the color and it doesn't bleed for me AT ALL and that's usually a big problem for me, especially with brighter colors. It feels like nothing on and with the balm it's just perfect....feels like you only have balm on. Your lips look great too! With most long-wearing lip products, my lips look dry, flaky and old. This looks so much better and without the "lipstick" look.

Popular Lips Products