Essie Merino Cool

Essie Merino Cool
Merino CoolMerino CoolMerino CoolMerino Cool

4.4

on 10/19/2016 10:54:00 AM

Very lovely brown/grey/taupe color for the fall. Very chic and stays on for 4-5 days with top-coat. Looks better with 2 coats.

on 12/14/2015 12:10:00 AM

Like not love this polish. It is a muted greige purple color. Not sure why people say it looks black in the dark because no way shape or form does this lean black. A very muted purple mulberry brown grey color. Pretty for fall or winter but not my favorite which is Essie Smokin hot or velvet voyeur which are both much darker... Velvet voyeur can lean black but this one is not even close. Has a purple tinge to it in some light. A very pretty neutral color With a bit of edge to it IMO. Would buy again for the fall/winter months if I ran out and needed a break From my dark vampy colors!!!!!

on 12/12/2015 8:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Beautiful fall shade, looks very elegant. Easy to apply, two coats are fine. I really like it, would recommend and repurchase.

This color is a purple/gray shade. It is a muted color that is not very bright but still pretty. I love essie polishes but I feel like this one is a little thick and because the color is on the bland side I never wear it :(

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This is a lovely medium taupe-grey. The finish is slightly glossy, which I like. I wish it had just a touch more purple in it, then it would be perfect for me. I am not much of a nail polish-wearer so I just applied 2 coats. No base coat, no top coat. Didn't chip for 3 days, which is good IMO.

on 12/20/2014 2:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a gorgeous grey purple. It's like a berry taupe I guess, hard to explain. It suits cool toned people best in my opinion because it's very cool.

This is great for me on my fair cool skin. It's not harsh like black or how some vampy colors get on me. It's very classy and flattering and I love it.

Interesting & unusual shade. I'm very fair, and from a distance it almost looks black or very dark grey/purple. I like it on its own or with a sheer shimmery topcoat that can bring out different elements of the shade. In most light, on me, it's quite purple, even though it's definitely in the grey family. Best if you have cool-toned skin and/or wear a lot of cool colours; otherwise, it will clash. In the bottle it looks quite neutral, but that purple cast is very cool and very noticeable.

Like my other Essie polishes, the formula seems thin and streaky, but after a moment any streaks or ridges seem to flow right out and it dries flawlessly. This particular polish stays very shiny and lasts a few days without topcoat, which is handy.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This polish is one of my favorites. The color itself suits very well with very fair skin, or olive/tan skin. I would not recommend it for those with a darker complexion as the darkness is not complementary. However, this polish is one my favorites in terms of application. I have been finding with a lot of Essie polishes lately that the finished product is streaky, and slow to dry. "Merino Cool" however is a wonderful mixture. The polish does not chip easily, and does not require a top or base coat. I especially love this polish because I am not that great in terms of application of polish, yet the lacquer looks amazing and shiny on my nails. I would definitely recommend this polish to people who are desperately searching for an easy-to-apply nail polish. I'm definitely going to be buying this polish again when it runs out!

Purplish greige-very flattering! I think sally hansen's commander in chic is nearly identical to this shade if you'd like to save a few bucks. A must own, loved wearing this in the fall.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

As someone who is average at applying nail polish, this is another one of Essie's great polishes in terms of application. I also love this colour for winter/autumn - it is grey/purple with a hint of brown. To me it's the black of a conservative workplace - very wearable and won't offend anyone while still being a little bit interesting!
It took me three coats to achieve coverage I was happy with and dries quickly. Two might be plenty to the well practised. There are some essie products that I struggle with applying, but this is not one of them.

Popular Polishes