CHANEL Rose Confidentiel

No Image

4.7

on 9/18/2011 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I'm a cool-toned PPP (NW10), pale with blue undertones and pink in my skin, and this polish works beautifully for me. It's a dusky rose with mauve tones in it, and the first day I wore it, I got a compliment on it within 30 minutes of leaving the house. I was buying cigars for a friend who just had a baby, and the SA said, "That nail polish is beautiful on you" and asked me what it was. That has only happened to me a handful of times with polish. I also get a lot of compliments with Nailtini's Pink Poodle, and Chanel Rose Confidentiel reminds me of Pink Poodle but it lasts longer (although it's slightly pricier). Rose Confidentiel is a little more muted, but they are in the same family. Very flattering for cool-toned PPPs. And very professional. They are colors that work well for work.

This is the first picture I've ever taken of my nails, so it doesn't fully do the color justice. Plus I wasn't planning on taking a picture so I didn't devote a lot of time to painting my nails. But this polish applies so easily and is not at all streaky. I do find have to touch it up a little every couple of days (on the tips of my nails but not my toes). I love this color and hope Chanel keeps making it. The wear of this is decent -- much better than OPI, Essie and slightly better than Nailtini. It is not as good as Rescue Beauty Lounge but few polishes are. RBL polishes hold up SO well on me, but sadly she hasn't made a shade like this. If RBL would, I would stock up. For some reason I can't get the picture to post in my review. :( But it is in my profile.

Full Size Image

continued >>

This gorgeous dusty pink itīs very classy and discrete. Would say that it suits all year round. On me itīs more long lasting than others Chanel polishes i have tried.

on 10/11/2010 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

As part of Chanel's Fall 2010 collection, Rose Confidentiel is a medium-toned neutral-cool brown rose. Opaque and very glossy, it flatters my fair, pink-porcelain (NW15) skin without giving me lobster claws, as some beige-toned polishes can do. Although the color is lovely, I find it as perplexing as other polish colors coming out in Chanel collections right now. Rose Confidentiel reminds me of a late-winter-into-spring color. Rose Insolent and Pulsion also seem more spring/summer-like, unless you are spending your winter holidays somewhere warm and sunny.

The brush is wide and the polish applies with a gel-like consistency, with no streaking. Staying power is typical of Chanel polishes. I get a solid 5 days of wear using two thin coats over Orly Bonder (and under a single Seche Vite top coat), which I then harden with OPI Drip Dry.

Rose Confidentiel is a classic color, appropriate for any workplace, but it doesn't brighten my skin. Also, the color is similar to Revlon Teak Rose, which I actually prefer, as it provides a bit more contrast (a deeper rose), and which I find more appropriate for fall. Teak Rose manicures also last nearly 7 days before the tips begin to chip. I will definitely finish this bottle of, but I probably will not repurchase.

Popular Polishes