Chanel Rose Confidentiel

No Image

4.5

on 10/11/2010 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

As part of Chanel's Fall 2010 collection, Rose Confidentiel is a medium-toned neutral-cool brown rose. Opaque and very glossy, it flatters my fair, pink-porcelain (NW15) skin without giving me lobster claws, as some beige-toned polishes can do. Although the color is lovely, I find it as perplexing as other polish colors coming out in Chanel collections right now. Rose Confidentiel reminds me of a late-winter-into-spring color. Rose Insolent and Pulsion also seem more spring/summer-like, unless you are spending your winter holidays somewhere warm and sunny.

The brush is wide and the polish applies with a gel-like consistency, with no streaking. Staying power is typical of Chanel polishes. I get a solid 5 days of wear using two thin coats over Orly Bonder (and under a single Seche Vite top coat), which I then harden with OPI Drip Dry.

Rose Confidentiel is a classic color, appropriate for any workplace, but it doesn't brighten my skin. Also, the color is similar to Revlon Teak Rose, which I actually prefer, as it provides a bit more contrast (a deeper rose), and which I find more appropriate for fall. Teak Rose manicures also last nearly 7 days before the tips begin to chip. I will definitely finish this bottle of, but I probably will not repurchase.

on 10/7/2010 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love pink polish and this color stands apart from the ones I already own. It's reminds me of the how rosy cheeks were portrayed on the powdered-into-paleness young women in so many Rococo paintings. This color could have been taken straight from a Fragonard. It's very romantic without being sickly sweet or overly bubblegum. Classic.

Neutral, medium pink that leans towards being a fleshy, rosy tan/brown. I'm cool toned and this looks stunning against my skin tone. I'm sure it would work well on anyone though, it just has that universal appeal. No shimmer, just a shiny, opaque finish.

I think my Chanel polishes last longer than the majority of the brands I've tried. Typically I do a base coat, followed by two coats of polish, then a clear top coat. Minimal, if any, chipping on my toes. My fingernails usually don't last as long without chips.

I'm really happy with this color and I highly recommend. I think its an LE, so I probably won't have a chance to repurchase by the time I go through a bottle. But if I'm able, I absolutely would buy it again.

Popular Polishes