Chanel Rose Confidentiel

No Image

4.7

on 5/8/2014 10:02:00 PM

This is one of those nail polishes that you use all the time - for years and years - almost take it for granted and then realize you have never shared it with MUA! For my complexion, this polish is the perfect rose/pink color. It is just a classy shade of polish that one can wear anytime for any occasion. It is not too bold nor is it too nude, it is just a creme polish that will never go out of style. Definitely a classic nail polish - it goes on beautifully - I like it with two coats - color is true to the look in the bottle. Worth the money for the color and quality.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am in the process of purging all my excess stuff and replacing with great basics I LOVE. This is one of them.
A classy muted rose that looks great on my PPP skin,and doesn't pull pink out of my skintone...
I can get much more use out of this than all the OPI,China Glaze and Butter Londons and Essies I wear once or twice and lose interest in,,,
I am making this my signature color,goes well with all my neutral wardrobe colors.
Better to spend more $$ on something I LOVE and USE,than wasting $$ on "meh" stuff that just sits there.......

NOW this has been discontinued? It was a classic for soooo many years! I got 3 back ups ....I am sad

on 6/13/2012 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

First tried this from a friend, and even though I don't normally wear nail varnishes, I have to make an exception for this.

I am pretty dark-skinned with warm brown undertones (NW50), and this looks so subtle and classy it never goes un-noticed or without compliments.

on 9/18/2011 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I'm a cool-toned PPP (NW10), pale with blue undertones and pink in my skin, and this polish works beautifully for me. It's a dusky rose with mauve tones in it, and the first day I wore it, I got a compliment on it within 30 minutes of leaving the house. I was buying cigars for a friend who just had a baby, and the SA said, "That nail polish is beautiful on you" and asked me what it was. That has only happened to me a handful of times with polish. I also get a lot of compliments with Nailtini's Pink Poodle, and Chanel Rose Confidentiel reminds me of Pink Poodle but it lasts longer (although it's slightly pricier). Rose Confidentiel is a little more muted, but they are in the same family. Very flattering for cool-toned PPPs. And very professional. They are colors that work well for work.

This is the first picture I've ever taken of my nails, so it doesn't fully do the color justice. Plus I wasn't planning on taking a picture so I didn't devote a lot of time to painting my nails. But this polish applies so easily and is not at all streaky. I do find have to touch it up a little every couple of days (on the tips of my nails but not my toes). I love this color and hope Chanel keeps making it. The wear of this is decent -- much better than OPI, Essie and slightly better than Nailtini. It is not as good as Rescue Beauty Lounge but few polishes are. RBL polishes hold up SO well on me, but sadly she hasn't made a shade like this. If RBL would, I would stock up. For some reason I can't get the picture to post in my review. :( But it is in my profile.

Full Size Image

continued >>

on 6/18/2011 6:05:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This kind of dusty "ballet" pinks are tricky to sport. If you don't get the right shade they can be the most unflattering polishes on earth, giving you dirty hands or lobster claws. I'm very fair (NC15), neutral-warm, but the skin on my hands often has a lot of redness. I have lots of polishes in similar colors, because I'm a sucker and I can't resist them, but Rose confidentiel is one of the most flattering on me and, although it can be seen as a conservative color, I really think it can also display an edgy character, like a creamier, lighter sister of Opi Parlez-vous opi. Formula-wise it has a perfect consistency, not too thick and not runny, and it's perfectly opaque in two coats. I pair it with Seche Vite as a top coat and it doesn't shrink. I would certainly rebuy. In fact, I already bought a backup. I read somewhere that Opi Kreme de la Kremlin is a dupe for this, but since it's harder to find, I haven't seen it in person.

This gorgeous dusty pink itīs very classy and discrete. Would say that it suits all year round. On me itīs more long lasting than others Chanel polishes i have tried.

on 11/21/2010 6:29:00 PM

What a gorgeous shade for fall! Very pretty, very unique, and with the quality chanel has gotten us used to. Long lasting, shiny, really great.
My go-to color of the season, it is just appropriate for every possible occasion!

on 10/7/2010 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love pink polish and this color stands apart from the ones I already own. It's reminds me of the how rosy cheeks were portrayed on the powdered-into-paleness young women in so many Rococo paintings. This color could have been taken straight from a Fragonard. It's very romantic without being sickly sweet or overly bubblegum. Classic.

Neutral, medium pink that leans towards being a fleshy, rosy tan/brown. I'm cool toned and this looks stunning against my skin tone. I'm sure it would work well on anyone though, it just has that universal appeal. No shimmer, just a shiny, opaque finish.

I think my Chanel polishes last longer than the majority of the brands I've tried. Typically I do a base coat, followed by two coats of polish, then a clear top coat. Minimal, if any, chipping on my toes. My fingernails usually don't last as long without chips.

I'm really happy with this color and I highly recommend. I think its an LE, so I probably won't have a chance to repurchase by the time I go through a bottle. But if I'm able, I absolutely would buy it again.

well said by the reviewer below. on my fair skin this more brown than some swatches i've seen. i was unsure how i'd feel about this on, but it's very pretty.

it needs mentioning that this color has definite "grandma" tendencies. with dusty, browned shades being hot right now, that is very on-trend, but may be unappealing to more classic polish lovers.

Rose Confidentiel is evidently part of the Fall 2010 collection. It's an exceptional browned down pinkish plum rose, and is so appropriate for this time of year. Roses rarely look good on me...I'm cool toned and they normally have too much yellow/orange, but this is perfect. The formula is above average. I got excellent coverage with two coats, and even without top coat, it has a wet look, and is wearing very well. It's very ladylike and proper, but still gives off a wealthy fashionable feel...Chanel all the way. It's almost got a nostalgic feel to it, like it should be worn with velvets and satin, A nice autumn change from very dark nails, and nude colors....this is right in the middle. Worth tracking down, because I think this will go fast, and I have no idea whether it's limited edition or not. This is one of my top 5 fav nail colors.

Popular Polishes