Clinique Almost Lipstick [all shades]

Clinique Almost Lipstick [all shades]

4.3

on 1/6/2017 12:37:00 PM

I'm a huge fan of the almost lipstick by clinique. I went through a phase in my early 20's where I was all about those thick buttery lipsticks (the pictures make me cringe), but I'm learning for my particular look/personality less is more.
A free mini black honey tube from sephora was the gateway drug. It's the perfect berry color for me. I love that the lipstick feels light and I can wear it without feeling too made up, which is really a problem with me with lipsticks. While I LOVE buying them and the idea of them...I just feel too made up and I think I look weird wearing lipstick that isn't nude or light pink a lot of times. Maybe I have a baby face or something but I feel like a gross little kid playing dress up. The almost lipstick feels like applying chapstick, I can do it without a mirror and can not worry about the layer being way too thick and the color too dark.
I'll try to brazen up and use up my buttery ones and redder shades while I can...do plan on throwing them out once they hit 5 years old. I've been mixing them with chapstick to make them lighter.

Almost lipstick is looking like the near future of lipstick for me however. I think this product is a must for people who hate heavy feeling products on their lips, and feel weird in lipstick but like the idea of it. I hope they come out with more colors!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I received this as part of a Sephora kit that was a VIB benefit in the exclusive shade Pink Honey. I have always loved the Black Honey Almost Lipstick so I guess it’s no real surprise that I also love it in this shade too. This shade is a medium-toned (though slightly warm) MLBB pink that is perfect for my "no-makeup" days. Because of the Almost Lipstick formula – very moist and balm-like with soft color – the color works with my NC15 skin and doesn’t overwhelm. This formula, for all its faults (which I’ll get to later), feels great on my perpetually dry and chapped lips. You don’t need a mirror to apply this – for that reason, I keep it in my purse. It’s a perfect on-the-go gloss-balm for when I’m at work or running errands. Feels great, looks great, nice colors, no heavy fragrance, reasonably priced, what’s not to like? Well… OK because you’re forcing me to be nitpicky: there is very little pigmentation with all Almost Lipsticks (that name should have been your first clue). These are really meant to be a gloss with a hint of color. Because of the formula, these do not last long on the lips. Take a couple sips of hot coffee, and you will need to re-apply. But if you’re looking for mellow glossy color that’s always comfortable and you don’t mind having to re-apply, look no further.

on 9/8/2016 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I purchased this is Pink Honey. I'm always on the lookout for a nude pink lip and this one fit the bill. It is probably the perfect shade and opacity for me (I prefer sheer). My only quip is that I don't like the ultra skinny tube. I guess it has pros and cons, but I prefer a shorter, chubbier, normal-size lippy vs a long, skinny one. That's it tho. The only con for me. It is a beauty and if it wasn't $17 -- I'd buy multiple back ups -- but I have dupes that will suffice for now.

on 3/23/2016 4:08:00 PM

I have both Black Honey and Pink Honey. I've reviewed the former in another spot here, and love it, with its sheerness and that you can add intensity by applying more lip color.

The Pink Honey is a pretty pink color that leans nude, but it is mostly pink. It's shimmery but not sparkly and makes my pale lips look a touch lighter. It's sheer, but you can also build it up. It feels very close to Black Honey in texture, though Black Honey has no detectable shimmer. It lasts, too, and I think it lasts a touch longer than the darker shade, and it's easy enough to apply without need of a mirror for precision. There's no scent or flavor, either. It's a bit more intense/pigmented than your standard tinted balm, but just a bit -- it's noticeable, in a good way.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've got Black Honey & Pink Honey, & I adore them both. I've been wearing Black Honey forever seems like. U can get a sort of similar color in Bonne Bell Dr Pepper Lipsmacker but Black Honey remains largely undupeable & for a good reason. $15 is not too bad for a lipstick, it's good quality & when I find a good lipstick the value is untold to me! MAC my other lipstick muse is ~same price similar quality vastly difference in products. I will never be without Black Honey, wish I had known about the other Almost Lipstick colors of yester year way back when. This looks scary in the tube but very wearable. Down town triple crown!!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I mostly use Black Honey since the other colors are discontinued. Around Christmas you can buy A Taste of Honey which is a tiny set of the lipsticks that were formerly available. The Spicy Honey is a little warm for my complexion but the other two are great.

on 7/24/2013 9:13:00 AM

Eyes: Violet

I love this product. I usually go for peachy corals, light pinks and this is the first time I brought something that was much more darker (and red!). I brought it after seeing such great results on my sister, and I'm glad I did. It just gives me a totally different look and adds life to my face!

I ended up liking this so much I brought a back up to keep at home, lol.

on 5/27/2013 12:26:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

OMG I LOVE THIS STUFF. I randomly found it buried in a box of lip gloss in my room. But it was love at first application. I have it in flirty honey and it's an extremely subtle pink. It looks so natural and makes my lips so smooth and the perfect amount of shiny. Usually I think Clinique's lip products smell funny, but this one doesn't at all! It's $15 for one tube, so that's pretty expensive. I'm pretty sure mine came as part of a gift though so I'm definitely going to look more into that.

I've been wearing this product since the summer of 1992. Back in those days, I was a Bronze Lilac girl. Now I am a Spicy Honey lover. (The only thing that I can say that is negative about this product is that I wish that Clinique would bring Bronze Lilac back!)

Every single person I know basically has bought this by now. It is such a good product and adds a great color to my lips. This stuff is wonderful and doesn't dry me out but keeps my lips looking AMAZING!