no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

Definitely my favorite quick dry top coat, and I lost count of how many I've tried. Inexpensive, easy to find, easy to thin if necessary, and it never goes cloudy like that overpriced quick dry brand so many seem to like. The only downside is that I now have a ridiculous number of barely used other quick dry top coats sitting in a Helmer that will never be used, as well as a nearly full 4 oz bottle of quick dry drops. I paint my nails every other day, and NYC never fails me. I also find if i smudge wet polish before I get the top coat on, I can often just dab more color on the smudge and when I put the NYC Quick Dry on, it melts the 'patch' into the original coats of polish. Love it.

About reviewer (49 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Other, Fine

EyesGray

3.0

5 years ago

This stuff is ok when I don't have my Seche Vite, but definitely not a replacement for SV. It dries fairly quickly but I feel like my nails were tacky for about 10 mins after. So yeah this stuff is better than a lot of other reasonably priced top coats, but definitely not blown away by it.

About reviewer (51 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesBlue

6 years ago

This is a fabulous fast drying top coat. Apply to wet nail polish, wait a few minutes and you can use your hands, albeit in a limited fashion. Soon after it will be totally smudge free. I love this stuff!

About reviewer (22 reviews)

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

6 years ago

This is my HG topcoat. NYC's extra shiny top coat is my all time favorite but I just don't have time anymore to wait for it to dry. Their quick dry top coat dries as fast as my Essie Good to Go plus it's shinier. Helps my mani last and holds up okay at my very hands on job. The down side is, as with many quick dry top coats, a good glitter polish eats it so you'll need more than one coat. I've also found that sometimes the formula gets inexplicably bubbly with certain polishes. I'm not sure what causes it but I make a note to use only my Essie GTG with those few and far between cases. It's cheap, it dries fast, it's super shiny, and it holds up well. What more can I ask for?

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

6 years ago

This is my all-time favorite top coat. It applies smoothly, dries quickly and adds beautiful shine. Plus I think it really does extend the life of a manicure. For $2 it's an unbeatable deal, and I'm already probably on my sixth bottle of this, while other more expensive top coats in my polish collection are essentially ignored since this one outshines them all.

About reviewer (363 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

6 years ago

I am in love with this topcoat. I bought this top coat a while ago and I remember how much I loved it. When I ran out I figured I went to Walgreens to pick up a new top coat and saw that Rimmel's top coat was on sale, so I picked it up. I used that top coat two times and absolutely hated it. So the next time I wanted to paint my nails I ran to CVS and saw that they had one last bottle, so I snatched it up. As soon as I got home I used it and it is just fantastic. I don't know why I ever strayed away from it! It dries in no time. Within 10 minutes of applying it is dry to the touch, within 30 minutes it is completely dry. You can start using you hands to wash the dishes, vacuum, or to pet the dog! I am just blown away by this top coat and the price is just another plus! Only $1.99, now that's a deal! I can honestly say it works much better than high-end, more expensive top coats. If you are looking for a new top coat, go grab this one. I hope this stays on the shelf forever.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinNormal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

6 years ago

Great top coat. Dries very fast but does not dry wet polish. Good for maintenance. I got this at CVS for $1.99.

About reviewer (3503 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Olive, Cool

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

7 years ago

Fantastic! I had used Seche and Essie's good to go before. I have also tried Sally Hansens and Revlon top coats. This one beats them all an it is less than 2 bucks. Dries quickly, leaves a shine finish that lasts. I'm so happy I read the reviews and gave this a try!

About reviewer (29 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Other, Neutral

HairBrunette, Other, Other

7 years ago

This top coat is amazing! I found out about it one day when I was reading Nouveau Cheap's blog and there were rumors about it being discontinued. It seemed that this was everyone's favorite top coat that compared to seche vite but was extremely cheap. Now for the record I have never tried seche vite, prior to using the NYC top coat I was using the Revlon colorstay. But I think that the NYC top coat dries my nails completely in 20-30 minutes, and also adds a super shiny look, I can't believe this costs less than 2 dollars! In the past I was never one to wear nail polish because polish does NOT stay on my nails...I was chipping within a day and when I would try to redo my nails they would take SO LONG to dry that I would inevitably mess up my nails every single time, so it was such a hassle that I quit wearing nail polish (and that was with an OPI topcoat!). So I started wearing gel manicures and even those only last 7 days on me. Now that I have found this NYC top coat, I'm LOVING doing my nails! Not only do they dry super quick, but my regular polish (and I'm talking cheap polish like NYC and Wet n Wild) will last a week on my nails without chipping! This top coat really is amazing for so cheap!

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

7 years ago

This is a pretty good top coat. Comparable to essie's good to go. Dries to the touch fairly quickly and doesn't make my nail polish "shrink". I've noticed that with some polishes, I'll get hairline cracks after a few days, but not sure if it's because of this topcoat. Since I do my nails every 4 -5 days, I go through top coats pretty quickly and NYC's $2 top coat suits my needs perfectly.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Medium, Not Sure