Thursday Plantation Tea Tree Oil

4.7

100% pure Tea Tree Oil

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I used this for spot treatment and mix it with ACV toner. It does dry out pimples but it doesn't really help with deep cystic acne or blind pimples. The packaging sucks. Please make a dropper or something, knowing that you need it in drops.

on 7/26/2014 11:38:00 PM

Great for treating itchy acne but be careful not to overuse as it can be very drying . Good for red bumpy acne , and crystic acne . Does not work on whiteheads and blackheads for me . I also use the lotion version which is good because it treats acne without overdrying . I love the smell . I bought now tea tree oil and would still prefer Thursdays version , it’s just stronger

on 1/19/2014 1:49:00 AM

this product is really great for acne skin! dislike the strong smell though. ive had cystic acne for 5 years now and i have to say it has gotten better when i found out about tea tree oil! its best to dilute the tea tree oil for acne. i applied tea tree oil over my face when i first brought this product cause i didnt know how to use it and it burned so much. definitely mix it with around 2mls of tea tree oil with 20mls of water. wont hurt s bad! this product is really cheap only brought mine for $5 and it last a long time. It works but my acne is still here but somewhat does the job. i recommend to build up the strength slowly for the tea tree oil.

on 9/25/2013 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I only wish I discovered tea tree oil sooner - a decade sooner. Having tried three different antibiotics for acne and a bunch of prescription creams - Retin A, Isotrexin, Duac, Erythromycin - along with the usual over the counter creams - this is the only thing that brings relief to my breakouts.

It's reduces the inflammation, shrinks the pimples and seems to stop the bacteria from spreading further. It's possible to use this under make-up until the breakout goes away. Prescription creams make my skin flake like crazy.

I use this straight from the bottle when I need to and other times mix it with a moisturiser. I also use it (diluted) when I feel like I'm getting an ear infection and on my flaky scalp.

Between my bad skin, ears and scalp - and a tendency to get bitten by insects - I go through a lot of this stuff so the six Euros for 10mls add up but that's nothing in comparison to the cost of prescription creams and branded cleansers.

The smell is strong but it's also freshing so I don't mind (not like the smelly sock effect of Apple ciger vinegar). In any case, the smell is a small price for an oil that does so much.

Also, most of the acne prescription creams are not safe to use when pregnant but tea tree oil is. I'm not pregnant but I find this reassuring.

on 8/20/2013 12:42:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I use this tea tree oil for my skin. I take a cotton pad and put some tea tree oil on it and go with it over my face. It helps to keep my acne under control. The smell is just tea tree oil, it's a very strong smell but I kinda like the smell.

on 6/21/2013 8:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I use the ointment variant of this and I can't imagine what my face would look like without this! I've suffered acne, severe and mild, for years :( I've used benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, all those common acne treatment products and out of them all, tea tree oil has had the least bad side effects and personally gives me the quickest results in healing pimples. It doesn't make my skin red and raw or dry it out like when I use benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid everyday on my skin. I sometimes use a warm compress on my spots (the really bad ones) then apply tea tree oil on it. You see results. Highly recommended!

on 11/16/2012 7:45:00 AM

this is one of my staple product. I use this for everything:add to bath,add to shampoo or face wash, use on pimples or cuts, mix with cleansing detergents when I'm cleaning my house, etc.

this doesn't burn, and I quite like the smell. this is just pure tea tree oil which I'm so grateful of. unlike body shop's tea tree oil,which has bunch of crap in it and sold more expensive than this.

the packaging is not travel friendly! this will spill! so when traveling I put this in a old opague glass serum bottle I have,it has a dropper and is wonderful for this product.

I like Thursday plantation products in general, but this is my fave

on 6/24/2012 10:37:00 PM

Why haven't I been told about tea tree oil sooner! So tired of trying to control my acne only for it to flare up on my shoulders/back. My doctor mentioned tea tree oil, so I tried it and it's clearing up my body acne beautifully! I had been using benzyl peroxide 5% and what it took weeks to do, tea tree oil is doing in days! AND bp made my skin so dry and patchy, tea tree oil *smooths* away acne. I've only been using it a few days and I'm already in love. It is also working on my face. I knew there had to be a more natural way to get rid of something my body was naturally creating. I can't describe how happy I am about my body acne clearing up...I can finally wear tank tops again!

I bought a 25ml bottle for $10 Canadian in the vitamin aisle of the drugstore. 100% pure, I put it on a q-tip and dab onto problem areas. It has a plant-y smell, that I like, and I feel so much better putting something natural on my skin. If things continue, I will never use another topical acne treatment. Also, apparently TTO has many, many other uses!

I've only been using this for two days, and I'm already amazed.

I have really bad acne around the chin which seems to flare up especially around summer, driving me crazy by itching and hurting like hell. I've tried EVERYTHING it seems. Found some info on how TTO is awesome for acne. I have used it before as a kid, on foot warts of all things.

I mixed it with cold pressed aloe vera gel and put it on before my heavier moisturizer. And holy shit. My Rocky Mountains of acne on my chin haven't itched since, and it looks smaller and, all in all, much healthier. This comes as such a relief, and I'm hoping it continues in this awesome way!

Popular Body Skincare Products