Thursday Plantation Tea Tree Oil

4.5

100% pure Tea Tree Oil

on 9/14/2010 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I love this product. It's my favourite thing in my medicine cabinet because it has many uses and is effective in all of them. I use this to clean cuts and scrapes, dry up/kill pimples (works better than anything else at this), disinfect my tweezers and other tools, dabbed under my nose for aiding with nasal congestion, and I also used it to help clear up my face when I had a nasty bout of perioral dermatitis (fine acne-like dermatitis caused by steroid creams or overspray from steroid inhalers or nasal sprays), which it also worked really well at. I've used other brands of tea tree oil, but I'd say this is my favourite, mostly just because they all vary slightly in fragrance, and this one smells the best. The smell may not be for everyone (and it's STRONG and it lingers for hours and hours), but I personally find it soothing. Would highly recommend!

on 11/19/2010 1:25:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Yes, I just have to confirm everything the reviewer 'user24678' said about this product. I too use it similarly for pimples, cuts, insect bites. Anything that I think may need an antibacterial on it. I used it for an ear infections once, diluted in water and used a dropper to put it in my ear and it was all fixed in a two days. I notice when I used this stuff on pimples it will dry up and heal the ones that are nearly finished or not major, but if it is a pimple that hasn't run its course it will bring it to a head very quickly and then it will clear up. Brilliant stuff, I always have a bottle on hand. I believe it is antifugal, antibacterial, antiviral and can be used for head lice, pimple, cold sores, bites, insect repellent, mouth gargle, and more. It does not gain a resistance to bacteria like antibiotics do as it is a naturally occurring essential oil. Personally I wouldn't be without it.

on 1/27/2011 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

As far as i'm concerned this is the original and the best pimple treatment around. TP TTO is the brand found in every pharmacy and supermarket in Australia, it is 100% pure and always fresh and potent, the dark glass jar is also a bonus. I use it straight from the bottle and rub into a pimple with a clean finger and while it doesn't make the pimple disappear it stops them getting worse. I alternate between this and Mario Badescu's buffering lotion and while neither products are perfect, everyone needs an acne treatment every now and then and i think TTO is the best for 'normal' acne and the buffering lotion the best for deeper cystic pimples.

Also if your skin is just feeling a bit dirty and you feel like a breakout is on it's way i like to mix a few drops of this in with my moisturiser and the anti-bacterial properties work wonders. You certainly don't need to bother with The Body Shop TTO moisturiser which as far as i can ascertain is just water, TTO and thickening agents. A bottle of this is dirt cheap and can be used any way you like, chuck out your clearasil and use this instead, you won't regret it!

ahhh multi use products how i love thee!!
this is the only teatree oil i use. picked up for i think 12 dollars in the supermarket? i initially bought this to help with the bouts of breakouts and pimples i was getting and boy was it effective!! (i used this in conjunction with an oatmeal cleanser/mask)
i mixed 1tsp TTO and 10tsp water, soaked a cotton pad in the solution and used it on my breakout areas and general face, let it dry and then moisturized. this solution can definately be manipulated to be stronger or weaker and it definately keeps pimples at bay. Also for a spot treatment i dropped a drop or two on to a cotton tip and dabbed it on my pimples. i LOVE how it has the little dispenser oil bay thing inside the bottle to dispense only drops of oil at a time which saves alot of potential wastage of such a good product.
not only is it good for your breaks out but its a good disinfectant for itchybites, scratches and what not so definately keep a bottle of this handy in the medicine cabinet.

on 8/3/2011 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is very good tea tree oil. I think it's quite pure and not watered down. I trust this brand for their tea tree products, and I also use their Tea Tree mouth wash.

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT! Its amazing and it has brilliant anti-bacterial properties. It can be used for various uses but I mainly use it for my breakouts. I have very acne-prone skin and I add about 3-4 drops of this into my moisturizer when I have major breakouts and then I follow up with dabbing drops of the tea tree oil onto my pimples directly. I would not recommend sensitive skin people to use as liberally as I did as it can be a bit too much for your skin(about 1-2 drops would be ideal). It works like a dream! Pimples are significantly reduced the next day! Awesome or what? Also I pour about 5-6 drops of it onto my palm and apply it onto my back to cure my minor bacne and to keep it under control and boy is it working wonders. Lastly the PACKAGING is AMAZING. Although it comes in a glass bottle it is very hardy and I ain't kidding. I once dropped it and I stared in horror but boy was I amazed, the bottle did NOT shatter. In fact it survived unharmed other than a tiny tiny chip on the bottom. In conclusion AMAZING PRODUCT! 5 stars!

on 12/1/2011 4:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I absolutely adore this!! I agree with the other reviewers, this product is so multi purpose and amazing, it really works. I like to rub it, undiluted, onto parts of my face that are prone to break outs a few times a week and I dab any on spots and it kills them overnight and keeps my skin clear. My skin is a bit sensitive and I've had no problems with irritation, stinging,dryness etc the product is very gentle. I love that it is organic and 100% pure tea tree oil. I don't mind the smell, it's quite soothing. My only gripe is that the bottle, the 10ml one at least can get a little messy, but it's not too much of an issue. I love love love this stuff!! It's a necessity :-)

on 12/29/2011 12:03:00 PM

Have been using this product for 2-3 years .. Initially it is pretty effective when comes to eliminating pimples .. But recently it doesnt seems to be working any more .. Thus change to aloe vera gel to remove pimples .. I can see small pimples disappear within hours since i use the aloe vera gel as a pimple-diminishing mask .. :) .. Smell is overpowering at times .. And some times it will cause my face to flake a little ..

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

i first came across this product from my mom as she is really into the organic and no chemical stuff and this product suits what she prefers to use. the smell doesn't really faze me, i quite like it but i would use this product over and over again for my break outs. this morning i woke up to white heads and cysts and i flipped. out. but i dabbed this product using a cotton bud and looked away for 5 minutes. i swear, the pimples looks smaller than before i put the product on. definitely an amazing product

This is the 3rd bottle that I've been using. Love this product, it's natural. I use it as insect repallent for my nieces and nephews and as spot on blemish care. It dries up acne like any other branded skincare treatment with a lower pricing.

Popular Body Skincare Products