Smashbox Limitless Liquid Liner Pen

Filtered by eye Color : Black
Smashbox Limitless Liquid Liner Pen
Limitless Liquid Liner Pen

3.0

Water (Aqua, Eau), Ammonium Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Alcohol, CETETH-20, Pentylene Glycol, Sea Salt, POLYGLYCERYL-3 Disiloxane Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates/Octylacrylamide Copolymer, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Carbon Black (CI 77266).

on 2/17/2013 10:32:00 PM

It could be because this was my first-ever liquid eyeliner and I hadn't mastered the art of applying liquid liners, but I didn't enjoy using this at all. Several takes before I could get it on my lids properly, and the liner flakes when I apply over it to get the line darker/firmer. And the problem is, there's no way I could have gotten a decent, intense black line with just one glide. The pen dried up pretty quickly too - it lasted me only about a month. The liner isn't exactly cheap, either (I got Stila's Stay-All-Day for a lower price) and for the experience I will never buy this again.

on 7/1/2012 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Just horrible! What's limitless about this eyeliner is the frustration that it brings. For 25 dollars I would expect a liner that at the very least would be pigmented and long-lasting. In addition to going over the line several times just to get a decent black line, I also have to contend with smudging that is so bad that I look like a racoon!

For me, the real test is being able to go for a run and having a liner that stays put - those would be the Estee Lauder double wear (about the same price) and the Gosh waterproof liners (8 dollars less in Canada). But this one can't even pass the test of a morning doing errands! I've only had it a few weeks and it's drying out. Save your money and skip this one.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I ran out of gel eyeliner so I decided to revisit my old favourite--liquid liner. Unfortunately, the colour of this liner is just not opaque enough. I had to go over the eyeliner 2-3 times to reach full opacity. When the colour was fully opaque, though, it was a nice, deep black. If the pigmentation of this liner was better I'd definitely repurchase; the pen liner is very travel-friendly, long-wearing and water-resistant, and provides precise application. If it wasn't for the opacity issue, I'd definitely keep one of these liners in my purse for on-the-go.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Having 5 minutes or less to apply my makeup everyday and zero time for touch-ups, I'm an on-the-run kind of girl. Because I'm also an eyeliner freak, I have high standards for eyeliners. A perfect eyeliner must be:
-Easy and quick to apply.
-Very pigmented.
-Last for at least 10 hours without touch-ups.
-Not transfer onto my upper eyelid or lower eyelid (I have oily, hooded eyelids.)
This eyeliner almost reaches my standards. The problem is that it takes too long to apply. It's not that it's hard to apply; it's just that it's very time-consuming. Maybe that's because I'm so used to pencil eyeliners and this is my first liquid eyeliner though.
But other than that, I have no complaints--I don't understand why this product has bad reviews. The pigmentation is totally phenomonal. I got this eyeliner in Jet Black, and this is one of the blackest black eyeliners I've ever seen!
The pointy tip allows you to create a thin, fine line, you can also create a thick line by slanting it. This eyeliner is the PERFECT eyeliner for the winged eyeliner look! I do the winged eye everyday (it's my signature look), and this eyeliner is great for that.
For those of you who are new to liquid eyeliners like I am, this eyeliner will take practice. You need to work fast before it dries (it dries in like 5 seconds), but you also need to work slow so that you don't make a mistake. And you don't want to make a mistake--once it dries, it will NOT budge.
I can't exactly determine how long this eyeliner lasts, because I've only worn it for 15 minutes. But no matter, because this eyeliner seriously stayed put. I rubbed my eyes until they turned red, but it didn't budge. I scrubbed with water but it didn't budge (this is truly a waterproof eyeliner!). The staying power is so great that I even had a hard time removing it with my waterproof eye makeup remover--but that's definitely not a complaint!
Price-wise, this is pretty pricey, considering it only has 0.02 oz. of product. I got it for $25 at Sephora.
Would I repurchase? Maybe. Tomorrow I'll wear this all day and I'll see if it stayed on. If it did, I'll bump up the rating to a 5, and repurchase once I run out.

**************************************************
UPDATE 3/9/2012:
I applied this around 7:20 AM, and then went to school. It stayed put throughout all six of my classes. School ended at 2:35 PM and this eyeliner still stayed put on my upper eyelid. However, it faded and got really blotchy on my lower lash line.
Now, this is when the REAL test begins:
After school, I went to hip hop, which is 2 hours long and an extremely vigorous class, hence I didn't expect this eyeliner to stay. So I looked into a mirror after class, and, dude, whoa--this sh*t STAYED. No smudges, fading, or transfering. WTF, right??!! Who even knew that an eyeliner with such amazing staying power existed?
This is some HG material right here.