Smashbox Limitless Liquid Liner Pen

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Smashbox Limitless Liquid Liner Pen
Limitless Liquid Liner Pen

4.5

Water (Aqua, Eau), Ammonium Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Alcohol, CETETH-20, Pentylene Glycol, Sea Salt, POLYGLYCERYL-3 Disiloxane Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates/Octylacrylamide Copolymer, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Carbon Black (CI 77266).

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG eyeliner and I will always use it. I have tried so many eyeliner pens from the drugstore because I think it's the easiest way to do a wing eyeliner. Every product that I've tried either dries out way too quickly or is not black enough. Even though this costs a lot more than drug store eyeliners I decided to give it a try. I'm so glad I did! It stays on all day and does not smudge one bit. I use the jet black shade and I've had it for months and it still works as well as the first day I tried it! If you are able to spend the money and purchase this I would definitely give it a try!!

on 8/20/2013 10:08:00 AM

Got a few as a gift from the company to try out and at first the product works amazing, its loaded with liquid and its not dry, the tip is thin and it creates beautiful lines. I gotta say this product can last a little while, but just like any other liquid eyeliner it dries after. I gave it 4 lippes because i wish it lasted a bit longer, once it starts drying its very hard to use, you gotta push down the tip to get some liquid out but this creates a mess but not a thin line. So i prefer a liquid eyeliner in a pot, because this after 2 months is a bit of a mess..

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I ran out of gel eyeliner so I decided to revisit my old favourite--liquid liner. Unfortunately, the colour of this liner is just not opaque enough. I had to go over the eyeliner 2-3 times to reach full opacity. When the colour was fully opaque, though, it was a nice, deep black. If the pigmentation of this liner was better I'd definitely repurchase; the pen liner is very travel-friendly, long-wearing and water-resistant, and provides precise application. If it wasn't for the opacity issue, I'd definitely keep one of these liners in my purse for on-the-go.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Having 5 minutes or less to apply my makeup everyday and zero time for touch-ups, I'm an on-the-run kind of girl. Because I'm also an eyeliner freak, I have high standards for eyeliners. A perfect eyeliner must be:
-Easy and quick to apply.
-Very pigmented.
-Last for at least 10 hours without touch-ups.
-Not transfer onto my upper eyelid or lower eyelid (I have oily, hooded eyelids.)
This eyeliner almost reaches my standards. The problem is that it takes too long to apply. It's not that it's hard to apply; it's just that it's very time-consuming. Maybe that's because I'm so used to pencil eyeliners and this is my first liquid eyeliner though.
But other than that, I have no complaints--I don't understand why this product has bad reviews. The pigmentation is totally phenomonal. I got this eyeliner in Jet Black, and this is one of the blackest black eyeliners I've ever seen!
The pointy tip allows you to create a thin, fine line, you can also create a thick line by slanting it. This eyeliner is the PERFECT eyeliner for the winged eyeliner look! I do the winged eye everyday (it's my signature look), and this eyeliner is great for that.
For those of you who are new to liquid eyeliners like I am, this eyeliner will take practice. You need to work fast before it dries (it dries in like 5 seconds), but you also need to work slow so that you don't make a mistake. And you don't want to make a mistake--once it dries, it will NOT budge.
I can't exactly determine how long this eyeliner lasts, because I've only worn it for 15 minutes. But no matter, because this eyeliner seriously stayed put. I rubbed my eyes until they turned red, but it didn't budge. I scrubbed with water but it didn't budge (this is truly a waterproof eyeliner!). The staying power is so great that I even had a hard time removing it with my waterproof eye makeup remover--but that's definitely not a complaint!
Price-wise, this is pretty pricey, considering it only has 0.02 oz. of product. I got it for $25 at Sephora.
Would I repurchase? Maybe. Tomorrow I'll wear this all day and I'll see if it stayed on. If it did, I'll bump up the rating to a 5, and repurchase once I run out.

**************************************************
UPDATE 3/9/2012:
I applied this around 7:20 AM, and then went to school. It stayed put throughout all six of my classes. School ended at 2:35 PM and this eyeliner still stayed put on my upper eyelid. However, it faded and got really blotchy on my lower lash line.
Now, this is when the REAL test begins:
After school, I went to hip hop, which is 2 hours long and an extremely vigorous class, hence I didn't expect this eyeliner to stay. So I looked into a mirror after class, and, dude, whoa--this sh*t STAYED. No smudges, fading, or transfering. WTF, right??!! Who even knew that an eyeliner with such amazing staying power existed?
This is some HG material right here.

on 5/30/2011 12:40:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I wear eyeliner daily. I love this pen! You can make a perfect cat-eye with it and it is an intense black. The precision is excellent, you can do a thin line or thick. Even though I wear eyeliner daily, gel, pencil or liquid, whenever i use this pen specifically, i get compliments on my liner. I have had this for about two months and do not use it daily because i have so many other ones, so i am kind of bummed reading reviews saying it dries out quick if i were to use it more frequently. For the price- $22 that would really suck because I like it so much. I know how to use liquid so I cannot comment on how easy it would be for a novice, but it is def the best I have ever bought. I have bought drug store and high end, I also love Lancome's artliner which makes a thicker line but i love the quality just as much as this one.

on 3/24/2011 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have never really been into liquid eyeliners, I've always been a cream fan. I feared it dripping and getting into my eyes or dripping on my face... A friend applied it on me in high school but her application was more like covering most of my fairly small half-asian eyelids and saying she wasn't used to drawing such a small line... >_< Suffice it to say, I had pretty much given up on liquid liners! I still loved the look and longed to try it... I recently got this through a swap and wow! I'm definitely going to have to switch. I love this product! It draws a smooth, even line, with no drip or mess! You can make it as finely thin as you want or thicken if needed. Makes doing a winged liner easy peasy. It lasts great all day and doesn't smudge or flake. No more jars and brush, just this amazing pen! I would definitely recommend this. Very satisfied. (:

on 11/29/2010 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is the easiest liquid liner to apply...EVER. It is all in one so there is not dipping the brush into a pot or anything. It isn't the cheapest coming in around $22 but it is worth the price. The black is super rich and goes on effortlessly. Once it dries, it will stay on all day. Great for people who want to use liquid but are afraid of the mess of applying it.

on 9/14/2010 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I got this in jet black and it is a very rich true black. I am so bad with liquid eye liner but this one has a fine felt tip so I actually could apply it without messing up. I think for those like me who aren't good with applying liquid liner will find that this product will actually work for you. It also dries quickly after you apply it so it would get runny or smudge.