Smashbox Limitless Liquid Liner Pen

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Smashbox Limitless Liquid Liner Pen
Limitless Liquid Liner Pen

3.0

Water (Aqua, Eau), Ammonium Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Alcohol, CETETH-20, Pentylene Glycol, Sea Salt, POLYGLYCERYL-3 Disiloxane Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates/Octylacrylamide Copolymer, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Carbon Black (CI 77266).

on 2/28/2017 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I don't like the tip on this it's too stiff and it makes it hard to do a nice winged liner. Its very black but it also easily smudges.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I was actually kind of disappointed in this. The application is where the liner lost major points with me. The felt tip is firm, which could provide for a precise line if the formula wasn't so dry and tough to apply. I intended to draw thinner lines but because the edges drawn were jagged due to the pen skipping and dragging, and then having to go back and try to smooth things out, the lines came out much thicker than desired.

On the positive side, the colors are true and rich, and the staying power is excellent. However, the lack of precision in application was the deal-breaker for me. If you like thick, bold lines this pen will deliver. But as I prefer thinner lines, I probably will not repurchase.

on 2/17/2013 10:32:00 PM

It could be because this was my first-ever liquid eyeliner and I hadn't mastered the art of applying liquid liners, but I didn't enjoy using this at all. Several takes before I could get it on my lids properly, and the liner flakes when I apply over it to get the line darker/firmer. And the problem is, there's no way I could have gotten a decent, intense black line with just one glide. The pen dried up pretty quickly too - it lasted me only about a month. The liner isn't exactly cheap, either (I got Stila's Stay-All-Day for a lower price) and for the experience I will never buy this again.

on 8/4/2011 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

The first time you open this pen and use it you will love it; it has an incredibly fine tipped point. If you don't use it though regularly, you will open it one day and notice it dried out. This has happened 2 times for me. Once I understood, but the second time really frustrated me. I will not buy this again. You can only really do one line with it though; you can't build on a dried line or else it gets chunky.

on 8/4/2011 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I got this with the Burlesque kit and at first I really liked it. However after a while I noticed it was drying out very fast and I couldn't get a dark pigmented line, it was turning out splotchy and it looked like i'd rubbed my eyes and it had smeared all over the place. It's alright at first and I'm glad I had a chance to test it out with the kit because I would not repurchase it on it's own, especially for the price ($22)

on 5/9/2011 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Grab this every day for a little definition on my upper eyelid. Great color pay off, doesn't flake and stays on all day. Took a little while to get used to the felt tip pen but finally got the hang of it after much trial and error.

on 1/22/2011 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I have always been afraid of trying a liquid liner with hopes that I wouldn't channel a 62 year old cougar ... however, recently, my mom talked me into trying Smashbox's liner....and I fell in love. I have used this product every day. I rub my eyes all the time and this product does not smudge, crease or diminish as the day goes on. The liner stays put ALL DAY LONG. Since the day I bought this product, I have received tonnes of compliments (telling me I'm channeling Taylor Swift, Angelina Jolie and other stars who have mastered the cat-eye/Egyptian look). Score,

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Very smart packaging. It is a very sharp little marker in jet black that takes the guess work out of applying liquid liner COMPLETELY! Love how you can easily build a thicker line. I prefer a very fine line extremely close to lashes for day wear. And you literally can't mess this up if you tried. HG liner for absolute certain!