Smashbox Limitless Liquid Liner Pen

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Smashbox Limitless Liquid Liner Pen
Limitless Liquid Liner Pen

3.7

Water (Aqua, Eau), Ammonium Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Alcohol, CETETH-20, Pentylene Glycol, Sea Salt, POLYGLYCERYL-3 Disiloxane Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates/Octylacrylamide Copolymer, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Carbon Black (CI 77266).

on 6/26/2015 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This doesn't last long enough for me. It rubs off very easily. It is NOT waterproof. I repeat, it is NOT waterproof.

I bought Dark Brown because I had so many black liners, and it's a nice, deep brown, dark enough to show up with most eye shadow combinations but if I use dark brown or dark grey shadow, I have to use a black liner instead.

The very best eyeliner I've ever used is still Bobbi Brown's gel liner in the little ink pot that you have to apply with a brush. However, it takes longer to apply and you have to be experienced with a brush. I buy liquid pens because I don't want to carry all that around in my purse. I find it faster and more practical to use a pen, and I've come to expect that they won't be quite as good as my Caviar Ink gel liner, but I still search.

Tips: If you buy Smashbox Limitless Liquid Liner Pen, loading the eye area with eye cream will cause the liner to smear. If you have oily eyelids and use a cream shadow, take the extra step and put a powder shadow over it. Really anything you can do to limit the amount of oil around the liner will help it stay. Also if you use eye drops, know that you'll have to take this with you for touch-ups. After trial and error, I can get it to work, but I'd rather have a better liner. It fades easily.

I've been through liquid pens from Kat Von D, Geisha Ink, and countless others. Stila's waterproof liquid pen in Black is the front-runner so far. Stila's lasts longer than this one.

I was at a Sephora recently and the SA recommended this pen, and I said, "No way. I already own one in brown, and I hate it. I would never buy it again in black; I'm sorry."

Pens that last better than this: Clinique Pretty Easy Liquid Liner Pen and Stila Stay All Day.

on 3/21/2013 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Love this eyeliner! I only wear liquid eyeliner so I have tried quite a few different brands of liquid eyeliner. I was a little reluctant to go with a pen eyeliner because I have had bad experiences with the pen eyeliners drying out very quickly. This pen liner is excellent because it does not dry out. The formula is very pigmented and flows out well. The tip narrow tip allows for very precise application, and allows you to use different techniques and thickness, from a very thin, natural look, to thick, dramatic winged eyeliner. The only con of this liner is the price. It is on the expensive side. I live in Canada and it cost $25. But overall, this is an excellent eyeliner and well worth the money. I would definately buy this eyeliner again!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I ran out of gel eyeliner so I decided to revisit my old favourite--liquid liner. Unfortunately, the colour of this liner is just not opaque enough. I had to go over the eyeliner 2-3 times to reach full opacity. When the colour was fully opaque, though, it was a nice, deep black. If the pigmentation of this liner was better I'd definitely repurchase; the pen liner is very travel-friendly, long-wearing and water-resistant, and provides precise application. If it wasn't for the opacity issue, I'd definitely keep one of these liners in my purse for on-the-go.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Having 5 minutes or less to apply my makeup everyday and zero time for touch-ups, I'm an on-the-run kind of girl. Because I'm also an eyeliner freak, I have high standards for eyeliners. A perfect eyeliner must be:
-Easy and quick to apply.
-Very pigmented.
-Last for at least 10 hours without touch-ups.
-Not transfer onto my upper eyelid or lower eyelid (I have oily, hooded eyelids.)
This eyeliner almost reaches my standards. The problem is that it takes too long to apply. It's not that it's hard to apply; it's just that it's very time-consuming. Maybe that's because I'm so used to pencil eyeliners and this is my first liquid eyeliner though.
But other than that, I have no complaints--I don't understand why this product has bad reviews. The pigmentation is totally phenomonal. I got this eyeliner in Jet Black, and this is one of the blackest black eyeliners I've ever seen!
The pointy tip allows you to create a thin, fine line, you can also create a thick line by slanting it. This eyeliner is the PERFECT eyeliner for the winged eyeliner look! I do the winged eye everyday (it's my signature look), and this eyeliner is great for that.
For those of you who are new to liquid eyeliners like I am, this eyeliner will take practice. You need to work fast before it dries (it dries in like 5 seconds), but you also need to work slow so that you don't make a mistake. And you don't want to make a mistake--once it dries, it will NOT budge.
I can't exactly determine how long this eyeliner lasts, because I've only worn it for 15 minutes. But no matter, because this eyeliner seriously stayed put. I rubbed my eyes until they turned red, but it didn't budge. I scrubbed with water but it didn't budge (this is truly a waterproof eyeliner!). The staying power is so great that I even had a hard time removing it with my waterproof eye makeup remover--but that's definitely not a complaint!
Price-wise, this is pretty pricey, considering it only has 0.02 oz. of product. I got it for $25 at Sephora.
Would I repurchase? Maybe. Tomorrow I'll wear this all day and I'll see if it stayed on. If it did, I'll bump up the rating to a 5, and repurchase once I run out.

**************************************************
UPDATE 3/9/2012:
I applied this around 7:20 AM, and then went to school. It stayed put throughout all six of my classes. School ended at 2:35 PM and this eyeliner still stayed put on my upper eyelid. However, it faded and got really blotchy on my lower lash line.
Now, this is when the REAL test begins:
After school, I went to hip hop, which is 2 hours long and an extremely vigorous class, hence I didn't expect this eyeliner to stay. So I looked into a mirror after class, and, dude, whoa--this sh*t STAYED. No smudges, fading, or transfering. WTF, right??!! Who even knew that an eyeliner with such amazing staying power existed?
This is some HG material right here.

on 8/8/2011 3:27:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Simply put, this is a Sharpie for your eyes. I'm not coordinated enough and shouldn't be allowed to touch it. I can't comment on price since my daughter brought it home from where she works but I'm guessing said price is in line with the rest of the line. Unless you're an artist, I think this might be a don't.

I got this liner with the Burlesque set for Christmas. It worked great for about a month, but then it started to dry out, rendering the tip useless. Anyone who likes doing the cat-eye knows the tip is pretty important for precise lines, so that was rather frustrating. I was still able to use the sides, though, so I sucked it up until the liner dried out completely. I'd say I had it for about four months before it was useless. I decided to try Kat von D's liquid liner pen instead of another Smashbox pen, and am I ever glad I did! Not only is that one a little cheaper ($18 as opposed to $22), it's far superior in my opinion. Sorry Smashbox - Kat wins my vote on this one.

on 3/24/2011 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have never really been into liquid eyeliners, I've always been a cream fan. I feared it dripping and getting into my eyes or dripping on my face... A friend applied it on me in high school but her application was more like covering most of my fairly small half-asian eyelids and saying she wasn't used to drawing such a small line... >_< Suffice it to say, I had pretty much given up on liquid liners! I still loved the look and longed to try it... I recently got this through a swap and wow! I'm definitely going to have to switch. I love this product! It draws a smooth, even line, with no drip or mess! You can make it as finely thin as you want or thicken if needed. Makes doing a winged liner easy peasy. It lasts great all day and doesn't smudge or flake. No more jars and brush, just this amazing pen! I would definitely recommend this. Very satisfied. (:

on 11/29/2010 1:34:00 AM

I definitely wasn't sure about this product, because liquid eyeliner pens usually flake off or cause streaks. But this stuff really lasts! I have oily lids, so MAC's liquidlast liner is the only thing that's been working for me. The pen glides on smoothly, and isn't difficult to remove. It also doesn't transfer onto my crease, like other eyeliners do. The color payoff is great, a rich black. The pen tip also makes it easy to create cat eyes, and you can easily make thin or thick lines. The only downside about this is that it's pretty pricey. It cost me $22, and you only get .02 oz. If this lasts me long enough, I might repurchase since it works pretty well.

on 9/14/2010 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I got this in jet black and it is a very rich true black. I am so bad with liquid eye liner but this one has a fine felt tip so I actually could apply it without messing up. I think for those like me who aren't good with applying liquid liner will find that this product will actually work for you. It also dries quickly after you apply it so it would get runny or smudge.