Smashbox Limitless Liquid Liner Pen

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Smashbox Limitless Liquid Liner Pen
Limitless Liquid Liner Pen

3.4

Water (Aqua, Eau), Ammonium Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Alcohol, CETETH-20, Pentylene Glycol, Sea Salt, POLYGLYCERYL-3 Disiloxane Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates/Octylacrylamide Copolymer, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Carbon Black (CI 77266).

My holy grail liquid eyeliner. I have repurchased this item more times then I can count and probably spent too much money doing so . Honestly, I recommend it to everyone I know. It's easy to apply and hard to come off. Paired with an eyelid primer it would last forever without makeup remover. I love it!

When I first got my hands on this eyeliner, I fell in love with it. I don't particularly like flexible tips on liquid eyeliners and this pen had a stiff felt tip so I loved it. I could apply the product easily in one stroke and get the perfect line in one go. But the cons outweigh the pro...

Firstly, it's kinda pricey. Secondly, it stopped working properly on me only after a month or so (and it was only used around once or twice a week)! The formula wouldn't go on my eyelid and when I'd try to redraw the line, the liner would act as a dry erase- erasing the previous, barely there, line!

I feel really sad about its failure to work efficiently as an eyeliner, especially since I loved the felt tip and the liner's black pigmentation!

I really don't understand all of the negative reviews for this product because for me, this works great. This is a great liquid eyeliner pen, especially to create a cat eye. This holds up all day, no cracking, smearing, easy to use (glides effortlessly) so you will maintain control of the pen, and great color selections. I have this in jet black & it truly is an intense black. I work in Sephora, & customers are always asking me what eyeliner I use when I wear this. I would definitely reccommend & I will continue to buy this. This is EXTREMELY comparable to Stila's liquid liner pen. I have compared the two side by side (I own & regularly use both, alternating between the two), and they are exactly the same & give the same effect, overall. The Smashbox one is actually a little bit of a darker black & the tip of the pen is a little bit stiffer, but not by that much to make a difference quite honestly. The reason I would actually buy this one over Stila's is because this one comes with more product and they are comparable in price.

I was so disappointed in this. I got it for twenty five dollars thinking that it would be amazing for its price and its brand. It was so hard to apply! I had to go over the line about six times to even get a decent, noticeable amount of pigment. It dried out completely within two weeks, and smeared terribly to the point I literally had raccoon eyes. I'm going to stick with my one dollar e.l.f liquid eyeliner- instead of throwing my money away in eyeliners that DON'T EVEN WORK.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I cannot say enough good things about this eyeliner! The shape of my eyes puts eyeliners to the test.It went on beautifully & stayed all day with no smuding or fading.

Worst liquid liner I've ever used. Before I knew how to use makeup for real, I would use Palladio's liquid liner and that was great. Then I moved onto gel liners and fell in love I recently wanted to try liquid again. This product has only driven me more towards going to gel again.
Pros-
Convenience
Packaging is sleek
quality of the liquid liner is good

Cons-
can only use the brush sideways/flat
tip dried out within days
works kind of like a dry erase whereas if you try to go over the line you just did instead of adding more product it just erases what you have away.
No way to get fine point edge.

Soooo disappointed. I've been checking out Stila's liner pen and I'm deff gonna give liquid one last shot. This was a definite regret.

on 1/20/2012 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I've just got this yesterday as I desperately need a liquid eyeliner but Stila has pulled out of Singapore.

So I got this instead after trying quite a few in Sephora. I love it because:
1. It's matte finish.
2. When I used water on them, this is one of the last to budge. Their pencil liner is the last to budge. Bravo!
3. The precision tip! Love.

So I bought it and using it now. I love how precise I can go with the wing. Just that, to fill the in betweens is a hassle, but that's ok.
The pigment is great. After a full day, it's still sturdy. Love it. Using oil makeup remover.

Most probably will dry out like the others say. But I guess, nothing is perfect.

EDIT: 6 Feb 2013 - I've stopped using this for a while now cause it is drying and drags on the lid and does not have good colour payoff. I still keep it, I don't know why because now I've found my HG liner from Inglot eyeliner gel. It is amazingly smooth on application and does not budge till removal (with oil cleanser as it will not budge with normal cleanser either).
I am still using Smashbox's eyeliner pencil as it is less dramatic for day. I've recently found Ingot and love the staying power of their product. I will definitely try their eye pencil when I finish my Smashbox.

on 11/28/2011 12:50:00 PM

!!!!!! HG PRODUCT RIGHT HERE !!!!!!

I've tried and tested this product on my hand and eyes. It is smudgeproof, waterproof, sweatproof, and yes, even clubproof.

Application takes a little practice, but once you get the hang out of it, you can pop this eyeliner on in a minute. The felt tip marker gives you great precision! You can get dramatic cat eyes or simple day-time eyeliner.

I have both Black and Brown. Brown is dark enough where it can look like a neutral black. I've had so many complements on the Brown one. The Black one is super jet black. Perfect for a night out. I reserve this color for clubbing or partying. The Brown is better for the workday.

Overall, GREAT product! I've gone from pencil eyeliner, to pot eyeliner and then this. This is hands down, the best.

on 10/18/2011 2:32:00 PM

I have used Mac's Penultimate Pen for years as a backup when I was too lazy for the Bobbie Brown gel liner application. Loved the pen but it didn't last long and wasn't at all water resistant. I love this Smashbox pen - so easy to use, water resistant and really lasts a long time. I have black and highly recommend for a quick, easy to use eyeliner.

I got this liner in the burlesque kit, and at first I loved it. Now, not so much. The tip dried up not long after I got it so I can't get any kind of precision with it. I'm glad I got it in a kit instead of paying full price for it.