Smashbox Limitless Liquid Liner Pen

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Smashbox Limitless Liquid Liner Pen
Limitless Liquid Liner Pen

3.6

Water (Aqua, Eau), Ammonium Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Alcohol, CETETH-20, Pentylene Glycol, Sea Salt, POLYGLYCERYL-3 Disiloxane Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates/Octylacrylamide Copolymer, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Carbon Black (CI 77266).

on 2/28/2017 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I don't like the tip on this it's too stiff and it makes it hard to do a nice winged liner. Its very black but it also easily smudges.

My holy grail liquid eyeliner. I have repurchased this item more times then I can count and probably spent too much money doing so . Honestly, I recommend it to everyone I know. It's easy to apply and hard to come off. Paired with an eyelid primer it would last forever without makeup remover. I love it!

When I first got my hands on this eyeliner, I fell in love with it. I don't particularly like flexible tips on liquid eyeliners and this pen had a stiff felt tip so I loved it. I could apply the product easily in one stroke and get the perfect line in one go. But the cons outweigh the pro...

Firstly, it's kinda pricey. Secondly, it stopped working properly on me only after a month or so (and it was only used around once or twice a week)! The formula wouldn't go on my eyelid and when I'd try to redraw the line, the liner would act as a dry erase- erasing the previous, barely there, line!

I feel really sad about its failure to work efficiently as an eyeliner, especially since I loved the felt tip and the liner's black pigmentation!

I really don't understand all of the negative reviews for this product because for me, this works great. This is a great liquid eyeliner pen, especially to create a cat eye. This holds up all day, no cracking, smearing, easy to use (glides effortlessly) so you will maintain control of the pen, and great color selections. I have this in jet black & it truly is an intense black. I work in Sephora, & customers are always asking me what eyeliner I use when I wear this. I would definitely reccommend & I will continue to buy this. This is EXTREMELY comparable to Stila's liquid liner pen. I have compared the two side by side (I own & regularly use both, alternating between the two), and they are exactly the same & give the same effect, overall. The Smashbox one is actually a little bit of a darker black & the tip of the pen is a little bit stiffer, but not by that much to make a difference quite honestly. The reason I would actually buy this one over Stila's is because this one comes with more product and they are comparable in price.

I was so disappointed in this. I got it for twenty five dollars thinking that it would be amazing for its price and its brand. It was so hard to apply! I had to go over the line about six times to even get a decent, noticeable amount of pigment. It dried out completely within two weeks, and smeared terribly to the point I literally had raccoon eyes. I'm going to stick with my one dollar e.l.f liquid eyeliner- instead of throwing my money away in eyeliners that DON'T EVEN WORK.

on 4/8/2012 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I loved this liner....the pen makes it very easy to apply for those that are challenged when it comes to brushes. I somehow lost mine...but this product was so easy to create very fine lines or more dramatic "cat eye" looks.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Having 5 minutes or less to apply my makeup everyday and zero time for touch-ups, I'm an on-the-run kind of girl. Because I'm also an eyeliner freak, I have high standards for eyeliners. A perfect eyeliner must be:
-Easy and quick to apply.
-Very pigmented.
-Last for at least 10 hours without touch-ups.
-Not transfer onto my upper eyelid or lower eyelid (I have oily, hooded eyelids.)
This eyeliner almost reaches my standards. The problem is that it takes too long to apply. It's not that it's hard to apply; it's just that it's very time-consuming. Maybe that's because I'm so used to pencil eyeliners and this is my first liquid eyeliner though.
But other than that, I have no complaints--I don't understand why this product has bad reviews. The pigmentation is totally phenomonal. I got this eyeliner in Jet Black, and this is one of the blackest black eyeliners I've ever seen!
The pointy tip allows you to create a thin, fine line, you can also create a thick line by slanting it. This eyeliner is the PERFECT eyeliner for the winged eyeliner look! I do the winged eye everyday (it's my signature look), and this eyeliner is great for that.
For those of you who are new to liquid eyeliners like I am, this eyeliner will take practice. You need to work fast before it dries (it dries in like 5 seconds), but you also need to work slow so that you don't make a mistake. And you don't want to make a mistake--once it dries, it will NOT budge.
I can't exactly determine how long this eyeliner lasts, because I've only worn it for 15 minutes. But no matter, because this eyeliner seriously stayed put. I rubbed my eyes until they turned red, but it didn't budge. I scrubbed with water but it didn't budge (this is truly a waterproof eyeliner!). The staying power is so great that I even had a hard time removing it with my waterproof eye makeup remover--but that's definitely not a complaint!
Price-wise, this is pretty pricey, considering it only has 0.02 oz. of product. I got it for $25 at Sephora.
Would I repurchase? Maybe. Tomorrow I'll wear this all day and I'll see if it stayed on. If it did, I'll bump up the rating to a 5, and repurchase once I run out.

**************************************************
UPDATE 3/9/2012:
I applied this around 7:20 AM, and then went to school. It stayed put throughout all six of my classes. School ended at 2:35 PM and this eyeliner still stayed put on my upper eyelid. However, it faded and got really blotchy on my lower lash line.
Now, this is when the REAL test begins:
After school, I went to hip hop, which is 2 hours long and an extremely vigorous class, hence I didn't expect this eyeliner to stay. So I looked into a mirror after class, and, dude, whoa--this sh*t STAYED. No smudges, fading, or transfering. WTF, right??!! Who even knew that an eyeliner with such amazing staying power existed?
This is some HG material right here.

Worst liquid liner I've ever used. Before I knew how to use makeup for real, I would use Palladio's liquid liner and that was great. Then I moved onto gel liners and fell in love I recently wanted to try liquid again. This product has only driven me more towards going to gel again.
Pros-
Convenience
Packaging is sleek
quality of the liquid liner is good

Cons-
can only use the brush sideways/flat
tip dried out within days
works kind of like a dry erase whereas if you try to go over the line you just did instead of adding more product it just erases what you have away.
No way to get fine point edge.

Soooo disappointed. I've been checking out Stila's liner pen and I'm deff gonna give liquid one last shot. This was a definite regret.

on 10/18/2011 2:32:00 PM

I have used Mac's Penultimate Pen for years as a backup when I was too lazy for the Bobbie Brown gel liner application. Loved the pen but it didn't last long and wasn't at all water resistant. I love this Smashbox pen - so easy to use, water resistant and really lasts a long time. I have black and highly recommend for a quick, easy to use eyeliner.

I got this liner in the burlesque kit, and at first I loved it. Now, not so much. The tip dried up not long after I got it so I can't get any kind of precision with it. I'm glad I got it in a kit instead of paying full price for it.