Smashbox Limitless Liquid Liner Pen

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Smashbox Limitless Liquid Liner Pen
Limitless Liquid Liner Pen

3.3

Water (Aqua, Eau), Ammonium Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Alcohol, CETETH-20, Pentylene Glycol, Sea Salt, POLYGLYCERYL-3 Disiloxane Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates/Octylacrylamide Copolymer, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Carbon Black (CI 77266).

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG eyeliner and I will always use it. I have tried so many eyeliner pens from the drugstore because I think it's the easiest way to do a wing eyeliner. Every product that I've tried either dries out way too quickly or is not black enough. Even though this costs a lot more than drug store eyeliners I decided to give it a try. I'm so glad I did! It stays on all day and does not smudge one bit. I use the jet black shade and I've had it for months and it still works as well as the first day I tried it! If you are able to spend the money and purchase this I would definitely give it a try!!

on 3/4/2013 4:04:00 PM

I wanted to love this eye liner so much. Smashbox is a vegan, cruelty free company and this eyeliner is made in Japan (not China! hooray!)

PROS: The formula is awesome. Paints on just like a liquid eye liner should, opaque and dries quickly. I can go back over the line if needed and it does not pick up the ink already deposited. No complaints on the liquid itself.

CONS: It's the felt tip. It is super stiff. So much that it can tend to grab my delicate eye lid as I attempt to drag it across to create a line. If they lengthened the felt tip and made it a bit more flexible, this would be the perfect eye liner.

on 7/1/2012 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Just horrible! What's limitless about this eyeliner is the frustration that it brings. For 25 dollars I would expect a liner that at the very least would be pigmented and long-lasting. In addition to going over the line several times just to get a decent black line, I also have to contend with smudging that is so bad that I look like a racoon!

For me, the real test is being able to go for a run and having a liner that stays put - those would be the Estee Lauder double wear (about the same price) and the Gosh waterproof liners (8 dollars less in Canada). But this one can't even pass the test of a morning doing errands! I've only had it a few weeks and it's drying out. Save your money and skip this one.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I ran out of gel eyeliner so I decided to revisit my old favourite--liquid liner. Unfortunately, the colour of this liner is just not opaque enough. I had to go over the eyeliner 2-3 times to reach full opacity. When the colour was fully opaque, though, it was a nice, deep black. If the pigmentation of this liner was better I'd definitely repurchase; the pen liner is very travel-friendly, long-wearing and water-resistant, and provides precise application. If it wasn't for the opacity issue, I'd definitely keep one of these liners in my purse for on-the-go.

on 5/16/2012 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I am not a liquid e/l fan at all. I don't like that shiny finish you get from some of them and they're too messy. Having said that, this is the only liquid e/l that I actually like. it's very black which is a must and it doesn't transfer. The pen makes it easier to apply, but realistically it does take some practice. I'm no pro at applying it, so I really have to take my time (i.e. I can't use this when I'm in a rush). I don't use this all the time because generally I'm in a rush, but it definitely pulls my look together into makes me look more sophisticated, more so than my trusty mac eye kohl. I will say that after reading the reviews for the Stila liquid e/l pen, I think the Stila has longer lasting power than this and has better pigmentation ( I tried it in the store), so I will be buying stila when this one dries up.

on 11/28/2011 12:50:00 PM

!!!!!! HG PRODUCT RIGHT HERE !!!!!!

I've tried and tested this product on my hand and eyes. It is smudgeproof, waterproof, sweatproof, and yes, even clubproof.

Application takes a little practice, but once you get the hang out of it, you can pop this eyeliner on in a minute. The felt tip marker gives you great precision! You can get dramatic cat eyes or simple day-time eyeliner.

I have both Black and Brown. Brown is dark enough where it can look like a neutral black. I've had so many complements on the Brown one. The Black one is super jet black. Perfect for a night out. I reserve this color for clubbing or partying. The Brown is better for the workday.

Overall, GREAT product! I've gone from pencil eyeliner, to pot eyeliner and then this. This is hands down, the best.

on 7/25/2011 11:37:00 AM

This was a very disappointing product for me. As others have mentioned, it dries out very quickly. It has a very neat tip that can create thin or thick lines, however the formula doesn't allow for a truly bold black color. It comes out faded as though you used watercolor on your eyes.

At $22, this is not worth it. There are better ones out there.