Smashbox Limitless Liquid Liner Pen

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Smashbox Limitless Liquid Liner Pen
Limitless Liquid Liner Pen

3.1

Water (Aqua, Eau), Ammonium Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Alcohol, CETETH-20, Pentylene Glycol, Sea Salt, POLYGLYCERYL-3 Disiloxane Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates/Octylacrylamide Copolymer, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Carbon Black (CI 77266).

I have tried a variety of different liquid eyeliners, and I am extremely picky when it comes to eyeliners- the pigmentation has to be just right, it has to stay on well, etc etc etc.- and this eyeliner is by far the best that I've purchased so far. I have used Stila, Tarte, Urban Decay, Kat von D, & MAC's eyeliners, and don't get me wrong; all of their eyeliners are decent, but they are nowhere near as good as this eyeliner from Smashbox. I have bad allergies and my eyes water a lot, so I'm constantly trying to 'get rid' of the tears, and this eyeliner barely smudges, if at all when my allergies are acting up. This eyeliner is DEFINITELY worth the money.

on 10/27/2014 5:53:00 PM

Just amazing! I use this for the inner corners of my eyes and for a cat eye wing. Perfection almost every time and lasts all day long.

on 12/27/2010 6:37:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Other

I got this eyeliner as part of a Smashbox for Burlesque set and didn't really think i'd like it and expected it would be demoted to the "spare eyeliners" pile. How wrong i was!! I decided to give it a go for two reasons, 1) in the interests of laziness/uniformity as i was using the other products from the set at the time, and 2) it seemed rude not to as it was all shiny and new. And how wrong my first assumptions were - I LOVE IT! It really couldn't be easier to use, i have to echo what the other reviews have said on this point. I'm ok with liquid eyeliner but i have to take a lot of time and care for it to look right - not so with this eyeliner. Literally one sweep later and i had a perfect medium thickness line (holiday season - excuse for a little bit more make up than usual!) and it flicked out beautifully at the end! I've used it a few times now and it's never failed me. Will definitely be sticking with it for a looong time...especially if i'm short on time!

on 8/20/2013 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This review is for the colour 'Jet Black'.

Firstly, I wear black liquid eyeliner EVERY day (seriously) - it's a staple in my daily makeup routine! I find that once you get the hang of liquid liners, you will sort of become obsessed, they are so quick and easy (once you've mastered them), and they create an instant 'pop' to the eyes. There are a few factors that make a great black liquid eyeliner, or at least things I consider important! So I've broken down this review into those categories as I find it may be helpful to anyone looking for a good black liquid liner.

Colour:
I look for the blackest of black when I choose a liquid liner - I think the Smashbox liner delivers! It's not the MOST black liner I have ever used but, it comes close. It's more of a mix between a matte and shiny finish, which I like. I prefer matte shades of black (like Urban Decay Perversion liner), however I find this isn't too shiny for my liking. If you want to, you can take a small liner brush and apply black eye shadow on top of it to create a matte look, and soften the line.

Application:
I LOVE the application of this liner. LOVE. I think as far as liquid liners are concerned, the applicator brush is so key to the product - this is by far my fave brush. I can't count how many liquid liners I've had, where I loved the colour and longevity, but the applicator was flimsy, not user friendly, and just generally a nightmare (Lancomes 'Art Liner' has a longer and flimsier felt tip, which is OK for thin lines but if you like to do the cat eye or winged look, I find it's hard to be precise). This liner has a great shape - easy to get a precise small/thin line, or do a full out bold winged eye look. It's really a dream.

Longevity/Formula:
The product isn't waterproof, but it is classified as long lasting. I have oily eyelids, so I've had a rough time in the past with transfer to the upper eyelid area with other brands. Currently I apply this over my Bobbi Brown long wear cream eyeshadow, and it lasts quite a while on my oily lids. I don't notice any transfer or smudging throughout the day. Overall I have no complaints about it flaking off (like I used to see with my Makeup Forever Aqua Liquid Liner), or fading too much. The formula isn't too dry or too liquidy (again like the Makeup Forever Liquid Liner, which used to be my 'go to', BTW).

So...overall I love this liquid liner. The only downside is the price ($30 Canadian). I do find it's better than most/all drugstore brands I've tried, so I am willing to foot the bill. I think it's awesome and I've worn it every day since purchasing it. I can't say HOW long the physical product lasts for, but I will update. This is a great choice for creating perfect and precise lines - thick, thin, cat eye, whatever! I'd recommend it to anyone!

Note: A cheeper alternative that I liked from the drugstore is Loreal Infallible 'the Super Slim' liquid eyeliner in Carbon Black. It falls short in terms of longevity, and fades/smudges slightly throughout the day on my oily eyelids, but it's overall a decent cheeper alternative to try.

on 3/21/2013 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Love this eyeliner! I only wear liquid eyeliner so I have tried quite a few different brands of liquid eyeliner. I was a little reluctant to go with a pen eyeliner because I have had bad experiences with the pen eyeliners drying out very quickly. This pen liner is excellent because it does not dry out. The formula is very pigmented and flows out well. The tip narrow tip allows for very precise application, and allows you to use different techniques and thickness, from a very thin, natural look, to thick, dramatic winged eyeliner. The only con of this liner is the price. It is on the expensive side. I live in Canada and it cost $25. But overall, this is an excellent eyeliner and well worth the money. I would definately buy this eyeliner again!

on 2/28/2012 11:21:00 PM

so far, i like this liquid waterproof pen the best. i tried the stila, but the pigment quality was just not good. this is easy to use, makes light or heavy lines. it does run a bit by the end of the day, which is a bummer. but i don't normally use this for my daytime look...just for a heavier evening out look. packaging is convenient. i'll buy it again for sure.

on 5/9/2011 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Grab this every day for a little definition on my upper eyelid. Great color pay off, doesn't flake and stays on all day. Took a little while to get used to the felt tip pen but finally got the hang of it after much trial and error.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I was actually kind of disappointed in this. The application is where the liner lost major points with me. The felt tip is firm, which could provide for a precise line if the formula wasn't so dry and tough to apply. I intended to draw thinner lines but because the edges drawn were jagged due to the pen skipping and dragging, and then having to go back and try to smooth things out, the lines came out much thicker than desired.

On the positive side, the colors are true and rich, and the staying power is excellent. However, the lack of precision in application was the deal-breaker for me. If you like thick, bold lines this pen will deliver. But as I prefer thinner lines, I probably will not repurchase.

on 3/4/2013 4:04:00 PM

I wanted to love this eye liner so much. Smashbox is a vegan, cruelty free company and this eyeliner is made in Japan (not China! hooray!)

PROS: The formula is awesome. Paints on just like a liquid eye liner should, opaque and dries quickly. I can go back over the line if needed and it does not pick up the ink already deposited. No complaints on the liquid itself.

CONS: It's the felt tip. It is super stiff. So much that it can tend to grab my delicate eye lid as I attempt to drag it across to create a line. If they lengthened the felt tip and made it a bit more flexible, this would be the perfect eye liner.

on 5/16/2012 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I am not a liquid e/l fan at all. I don't like that shiny finish you get from some of them and they're too messy. Having said that, this is the only liquid e/l that I actually like. it's very black which is a must and it doesn't transfer. The pen makes it easier to apply, but realistically it does take some practice. I'm no pro at applying it, so I really have to take my time (i.e. I can't use this when I'm in a rush). I don't use this all the time because generally I'm in a rush, but it definitely pulls my look together into makes me look more sophisticated, more so than my trusty mac eye kohl. I will say that after reading the reviews for the Stila liquid e/l pen, I think the Stila has longer lasting power than this and has better pigmentation ( I tried it in the store), so I will be buying stila when this one dries up.