Smashbox Limitless Liquid Liner Pen

Smashbox Limitless Liquid Liner Pen
Limitless Liquid Liner Pen

3.5

Water (Aqua, Eau), Ammonium Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Alcohol, CETETH-20, Pentylene Glycol, Sea Salt, POLYGLYCERYL-3 Disiloxane Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates/Octylacrylamide Copolymer, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Carbon Black (CI 77266).

on 2/28/2017 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I don't like the tip on this it's too stiff and it makes it hard to do a nice winged liner. Its very black but it also easily smudges.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG eyeliner and I will always use it. I have tried so many eyeliner pens from the drugstore because I think it's the easiest way to do a wing eyeliner. Every product that I've tried either dries out way too quickly or is not black enough. Even though this costs a lot more than drug store eyeliners I decided to give it a try. I'm so glad I did! It stays on all day and does not smudge one bit. I use the jet black shade and I've had it for months and it still works as well as the first day I tried it! If you are able to spend the money and purchase this I would definitely give it a try!!

on 6/26/2015 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This doesn't last long enough for me. It rubs off very easily. It is NOT waterproof. I repeat, it is NOT waterproof.

I bought Dark Brown because I had so many black liners, and it's a nice, deep brown, dark enough to show up with most eye shadow combinations but if I use dark brown or dark grey shadow, I have to use a black liner instead.

The very best eyeliner I've ever used is still Bobbi Brown's gel liner in the little ink pot that you have to apply with a brush. However, it takes longer to apply and you have to be experienced with a brush. I buy liquid pens because I don't want to carry all that around in my purse. I find it faster and more practical to use a pen, and I've come to expect that they won't be quite as good as my Caviar Ink gel liner, but I still search.

Tips: If you buy Smashbox Limitless Liquid Liner Pen, loading the eye area with eye cream will cause the liner to smear. If you have oily eyelids and use a cream shadow, take the extra step and put a powder shadow over it. Really anything you can do to limit the amount of oil around the liner will help it stay. Also if you use eye drops, know that you'll have to take this with you for touch-ups. After trial and error, I can get it to work, but I'd rather have a better liner. It fades easily.

I've been through liquid pens from Kat Von D, Geisha Ink, and countless others. Stila's waterproof liquid pen in Black is the front-runner so far. Stila's lasts longer than this one.

I was at a Sephora recently and the SA recommended this pen, and I said, "No way. I already own one in brown, and I hate it. I would never buy it again in black; I'm sorry."

Pens that last better than this: Clinique Pretty Easy Liquid Liner Pen and Stila Stay All Day.

I have tried a variety of different liquid eyeliners, and I am extremely picky when it comes to eyeliners- the pigmentation has to be just right, it has to stay on well, etc etc etc.- and this eyeliner is by far the best that I've purchased so far. I have used Stila, Tarte, Urban Decay, Kat von D, & MAC's eyeliners, and don't get me wrong; all of their eyeliners are decent, but they are nowhere near as good as this eyeliner from Smashbox. I have bad allergies and my eyes water a lot, so I'm constantly trying to 'get rid' of the tears, and this eyeliner barely smudges, if at all when my allergies are acting up. This eyeliner is DEFINITELY worth the money.

on 4/1/2016 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I use this liner for my lid liner. It goes on very smooth , love the point for when I wanna do winged liner . I was using tarte clay paint but I find this Easier to use with a smoother application . Comes off easy with a little makeup remover. Long lasting also

My holy grail liquid eyeliner. I have repurchased this item more times then I can count and probably spent too much money doing so . Honestly, I recommend it to everyone I know. It's easy to apply and hard to come off. Paired with an eyelid primer it would last forever without makeup remover. I love it!

on 7/14/2014 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I am a big fan of tightlining and using dark DARK brown (not black) or dark gray liquid eyeliner. My most recent purchases were LORAC Front of the Line in Charcoal (a dark smokey gray almost black) and Nars Liquid Liner in Koala (again, a dark smokey gray). I was finding that most dark brown liquid liners weren't dark enough and black liners looked too harsh on my skin. I was at Sephora yesterday picking up a gift for a friend and I had a few extra minutes so I started swatching all the well known liquid liners on my hand (Stila, Urban Decay, Nars, Kat Von D, Dior, etc). This eyeliner won for me - the pen was so easy to use and the color is fantastic - the darkest darkest chocolate brown (darker than Stila's version). It does not budge or run. I put it on at 6 AM and it stays put until I wash it off at 9 PM. I would definitely recommend!

on 8/29/2014 10:22:00 PM

This eyeliner is horrible compared to its price. I bought it at the "high-end" sections of makeup brands, but honestly I would rather get a drug store brand one for much cheaper with the same effectiveness. I put this eyeliner even with the Urban Decay Primer Potion, but by the end of the day it was literally all smudged off. Mind you, my eyelids tend to be oily in general, but I didn't know it would come off THAT easily. I was so embarassed because it looked like I had no eye makeup on. I will definitely throw this out or give it to someone. Will NOT repurchase this.

on 9/23/2014 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Was convinced by a Smash Box Make up artist to buy this product and boy was I dissapointed after wearing it for a few days. With the combination of having asian and oily eyelids this eyeliner did not work for me as described. I was told that this eyeliner would last through sweat, tears, (i.e. waterproof) and would be long lasting but it smeared after half an hour. This eyeliner may work for some but defintely not for me. I've used Stila's liquid eyeliner in the past and I should have just stuck with that. It's cheaper and last throughout the day! But I do have to give smashbox one thing... it is very pigmented and the color does glide on very nicely.

on 10/27/2014 5:53:00 PM

Just amazing! I use this for the inner corners of my eyes and for a cat eye wing. Perfection almost every time and lasts all day long.