Smashbox Limitless Liquid Liner Pen

Filtered by age: 30-35
Smashbox Limitless Liquid Liner Pen
Limitless Liquid Liner Pen

3.2

Water (Aqua, Eau), Ammonium Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Alcohol, CETETH-20, Pentylene Glycol, Sea Salt, POLYGLYCERYL-3 Disiloxane Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates/Octylacrylamide Copolymer, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Carbon Black (CI 77266).

on 7/14/2014 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I am a big fan of tightlining and using dark DARK brown (not black) or dark gray liquid eyeliner. My most recent purchases were LORAC Front of the Line in Charcoal (a dark smokey gray almost black) and Nars Liquid Liner in Koala (again, a dark smokey gray). I was finding that most dark brown liquid liners weren't dark enough and black liners looked too harsh on my skin. I was at Sephora yesterday picking up a gift for a friend and I had a few extra minutes so I started swatching all the well known liquid liners on my hand (Stila, Urban Decay, Nars, Kat Von D, Dior, etc). This eyeliner won for me - the pen was so easy to use and the color is fantastic - the darkest darkest chocolate brown (darker than Stila's version). It does not budge or run. I put it on at 6 AM and it stays put until I wash it off at 9 PM. I would definitely recommend!

on 3/4/2013 4:04:00 PM

I wanted to love this eye liner so much. Smashbox is a vegan, cruelty free company and this eyeliner is made in Japan (not China! hooray!)

PROS: The formula is awesome. Paints on just like a liquid eye liner should, opaque and dries quickly. I can go back over the line if needed and it does not pick up the ink already deposited. No complaints on the liquid itself.

CONS: It's the felt tip. It is super stiff. So much that it can tend to grab my delicate eye lid as I attempt to drag it across to create a line. If they lengthened the felt tip and made it a bit more flexible, this would be the perfect eye liner.

on 7/1/2012 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Just horrible! What's limitless about this eyeliner is the frustration that it brings. For 25 dollars I would expect a liner that at the very least would be pigmented and long-lasting. In addition to going over the line several times just to get a decent black line, I also have to contend with smudging that is so bad that I look like a racoon!

For me, the real test is being able to go for a run and having a liner that stays put - those would be the Estee Lauder double wear (about the same price) and the Gosh waterproof liners (8 dollars less in Canada). But this one can't even pass the test of a morning doing errands! I've only had it a few weeks and it's drying out. Save your money and skip this one.

on 1/20/2012 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I've just got this yesterday as I desperately need a liquid eyeliner but Stila has pulled out of Singapore.

So I got this instead after trying quite a few in Sephora. I love it because:
1. It's matte finish.
2. When I used water on them, this is one of the last to budge. Their pencil liner is the last to budge. Bravo!
3. The precision tip! Love.

So I bought it and using it now. I love how precise I can go with the wing. Just that, to fill the in betweens is a hassle, but that's ok.
The pigment is great. After a full day, it's still sturdy. Love it. Using oil makeup remover.

Most probably will dry out like the others say. But I guess, nothing is perfect.

EDIT: 6 Feb 2013 - I've stopped using this for a while now cause it is drying and drags on the lid and does not have good colour payoff. I still keep it, I don't know why because now I've found my HG liner from Inglot eyeliner gel. It is amazingly smooth on application and does not budge till removal (with oil cleanser as it will not budge with normal cleanser either).
I am still using Smashbox's eyeliner pencil as it is less dramatic for day. I've recently found Ingot and love the staying power of their product. I will definitely try their eye pencil when I finish my Smashbox.

on 7/25/2011 11:37:00 AM

This was a very disappointing product for me. As others have mentioned, it dries out very quickly. It has a very neat tip that can create thin or thick lines, however the formula doesn't allow for a truly bold black color. It comes out faded as though you used watercolor on your eyes.

At $22, this is not worth it. There are better ones out there.

on 6/17/2011 3:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

I only have the black of this liner, but it is so beautiful! It's a nice dark, pigmented black and it goes on so smoothly with a nice crisp line. I've had this liner for over 3 months and it still makes crisp lines with no skipping. I love that I can get a super thin line as I like to start with a very thin line from the inner corner to the middle then progressivelly make the line thicker towards the outer corner. And doing a cat-eye is really easy with this. I would like to get the other colors. As for the "llimitless" part of the claim, it seems to work for me. I don't know that it wears like iron (like MAC liquidlast) but it lasts a long time. However, I don't normally have a problem with eyeliner wearing off easily on my eyes. I would hesitate to buy this at full-price, but I would certainly repurchase.