4.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

8 years ago

I have fine, wavy, salon-colored long hair (caucasian). Condition is good -- but hey, it's colored (brunette to red), so it needs some babysitting. This 2 Minute Reconstructor works wonderfully no matter where my hair is in terms of color, especially when it's a couple months out from the ends being done. The results: soft, volume, shiny, not heavy, feels incredibly healthy when dry. This nice result manages to stick around for a couple shampoos. Important to note (on me, at least): I leave this on in the shower for 5 minutes. When rinsing, my hair is NOT a super soft, easy comb-able sheet of hair. I certainly have a lot of regular conditioners that make it feel a whole lot nicer in the shower and when combing out. It's after your hair is dry where you can really see how this shines. Really fantastic results, and if you use it fairly regularly, you really CAN see a difference in the overall quality of your hair, even when you leave this reconstructor behind for weeks.

About reviewer (340 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

1.0

8 years ago

This product gets confused with the much better 2 STEP PROTEIN TREATMENT by the same company, this one is just a conditioner and it has mineral oil which is pretty greasy. I got this one thinking it was the protein treatment once and was highly disappointed.

About reviewer (154 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Other

EyesOther

1.0

8 years ago

The only thing this did to my hair was make it dry and fried looking. I followed the directions but alas this did not work for me.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Other

8 years ago

After the nightmare I experienced with my hair last fall (see other reviews) I bought this conditioner to help my hair's overall condition. This stuff rocks. For any one that remembers the old KMS brand you will love the light coconut smell. I wash my hair then rinse through with cool water and blot dry, then depending on my time line I pop on one of those disposable shower caps for as long as I can, rinse with cool water and style as I normally would. I totally recommend this product!

About reviewer (83 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairRed, Other, Other

EyesGreen

9 years ago

My hair is un-processed (color, perm, etc.), long, Asian, straight. I heat style occasionally, so my hair is not particularly damaged, but also in need of occasional protein strengthening. Like most Asian ladies, I'm pretty lucky in that my hair generally looks healthy and glossy no matter what I use. BUT. This is my absolute favorite hair product in the world. No other hair conditioner or treatment leaves my hair as perfectly soft and shiny as this one. Every time I use it, without fail, my hair looks and feels fantastic afterwards. I am almost devastated that it is a protein treatment, so I can only use it once a week! I have tried in vain to find a non-protein conditioner that gives similar results.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

9 years ago

WOW! I didn't know what to expect from this but this just blew me away. I was having a problem with my ends being very dry and nothing was working, I tried homemade masks, store bought deep conditioners, and leave in oils and serums... my hair did not improve one bit. So I went to Sally's and asked what they recommended and she showed me the 2 step moisture and protein mask (which I also bought) but I picked this up as well because I haven't tried Keratin and I heard it is very good for repairing. I took a shower, washed my hair and put a pretty thick layer of this on my ends (everything that would go in a ponytail) and left on while I shaved my legs, so approximately 2-4 minutes. I rinsed it out and my hair felt pretty nice but it always does when it's soaking wet and freshly conditioned. I used some detangler and combed it out and let it air dry. When it was completely dry my strawlike ends were completely soft, strong and moisturized. My hair feels and looks super healthy now. I have naturally wavy/curly hair and lately from the dryness my curls have been frizzy and poufy, this made them very glossy and my waves/curls are very defined now. I seriously only used this one and haven't even used the 2 step treatment that I bought yet, this alone made a huge improvement on my hair. It also smells great (kind of like pina colada or fruit cocktail) and was only about 9.00 with my Sally's card. I really hope that this will help someone that had a similar issue with their hair discover this amazing product, Needless to say, I will keep buying from this brand and this product in particular.

About reviewer (223 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

9 years ago

I would rate this a 10 if I could. This is beyond HG it's a godsend! I love that it's a light protein mixed with a moisturizer. I love the smell too. This will help you to get the salon look at home (actually my salon does use this). This product brings my 4a/b dry, thin, hair back to life.

About reviewer (40 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Dark, Warm

HairBrown, Relaxed, Fine

3.0

9 years ago

I love this product, I've never tried the aphogee 2 step treatment, just this 2 minute reconstrucor. My hair is fine in texture, thin in appearence, fragile and slightly dry. This product is a great price ($5-6 at sallys), its really easy to use (leave it on 2-20 minutes depending on how much time you have) and smells good. My hair always feels stronger, shinier and just less fragile looking. I'd like to think that this product has helped my hair finally get beyond my shoulders. =)

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlack

EyesBlue

9 years ago

My hair is highlighted, very fine and prone to breakage. Over the past few years I have learned that regular protein treatments really help to strengthen my hair and keep split ends to a minimum. I like the scent, consistency, price and results that I get from this Aphogee product. It is so much easier to use than the Aphogee 2-step products and really does give me the benefits I am looking for. Plus, instead of an awful chemical smell, this smells like yummy coconuts! I will buy this again.

About reviewer (44 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinVery Dry, Other

HairBlond

EyesBlue

3.0

10 years ago

I have been using this for over a year now with good results. I have fine, dry hair with a itchy scalp. Once a week I give myself a deep conditioning treatment with this. I apply a generous amount to shampooed hair, then cover with plastic wrap and a shower cap for 5 minutes. This easy treatment leaves my hair and scalp soft, smooth and hydrated. A wonderful product at an affordable price available at Sally Beauty.

About reviewer (3102 reviews)

Age36-43