LUSH Tuca Tuca

No Image

4.3

on 7/21/2012 5:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hmmmmm. I don't get it - I understand that fragrance is a very personal thing, but to actually claim that this smells like arse or induced a migraine is a tad on the hyperbolic side, if you ask me.
This smells like violet candies, with some easy to pick out sandalwood and vetivert. Usually, I stay very far away from florals, but violet and rose are both weaknesses of mine. This is a pretty true violet, but it does not become powdery (which I hate) and the vanilla just floats by and thankfully does not linger on my skin. One of the best things about this fragrance is the staying power, which is about 8 hours for me, especially rare with violet based scents.
It's very inexpensive, and I actually like the packaging, so I don't see a reason not to try it.

If you like violet, try it. If you don't, don't. That's pretty easy.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Now I really think you must be obsessed with violet in order to appreciate this perfume. It is a violet bomb! There are some powdery vanilla and kinda sandalwood-type notes as well, but mostly the violet hits you like a ton of bricks. I grew up eating violet candies so this really makes me feel nostalgic and reminds me of eating violet candies. My husband thinks they smell like soap, but anyways... I really do like this, but keep in mind that it is really strong and can smell old lady-ish in large doses. Keep it light and you will smell like a rose! I mean, violet!

I'm going to jump in to defend my lovely friend, Tuca Tuca ;)
I bought the massage bar of this with reservation after sniffing it in the shop. My friend swore by it for her legs, so although the scent wasn't really my cup of tea (seemed very floral or peppery or something), I bought it.

As I passed the perfume area I swatched on tuca tuca fragrance on my wrist, and vanillary on the top side of my hand.

We left and I drove her 30 mins home. As I started my drive back to my place, this gorgeous musky, vanilla scent grabbed my attention, and I spent the rest of my car journey sniffing my wrist at every opportunity.

Since then I have been using the massage bar lightly every morning all over. Initially the smell isn't amazing...it's not horrible, but it needs to mix with your body chemistry.

I guess this is the thing...your body chemistry and how it reacts with the tuca tuca. For me - it ends up smelling amazing. I seriously sit and sniff my skin constantly. It smells fresh, with hints of musk, vanilla, sandalwood.

It's just amazing. Definitely get a sample and see how it smells on you before writing this one off based on negative reviews. I <3 it!

Popular Fragrances