LUSH Tuca Tuca

No Image

3.5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

The sugary powdery pungent mix of rose/violet/carnation, dusty powder, chocolatey notes, musk, and dirty unwashed hippy patchouli. It reminds me of:

1. Cheap rose incense that people use to cover up dope smoking.
2. Floral toilet spray mixed with Angel perfume and dust.
3. I have entered a dusty bathroom just after someone has liberally sprayed cheap rose/carnation/floral toilet spray to try and cover up they have just used the toilet to do number 2's.

A portion of the population find this type of scent a nauseating body odour stink bomb that gives us violent headaches, makes us sneeze, and reminds us of questionable attempts to cover up disgusting odours rather than practising common hygiene. Most men I know when asked to name their perfume loves and hates place this fragrance type in the absolute "loathe with a vengence" category.

To be fair, parts of it are lovely, and after 1-2 hours it does settle down into a nice floral musk skin scent. But it still makes my stomach churn.

I find it very persistant and long lasting (at least to my sensitive nose). On me it lasted around 12 -18 hours.

I'm going to jump in to defend my lovely friend, Tuca Tuca ;)
I bought the massage bar of this with reservation after sniffing it in the shop. My friend swore by it for her legs, so although the scent wasn't really my cup of tea (seemed very floral or peppery or something), I bought it.

As I passed the perfume area I swatched on tuca tuca fragrance on my wrist, and vanillary on the top side of my hand.

We left and I drove her 30 mins home. As I started my drive back to my place, this gorgeous musky, vanilla scent grabbed my attention, and I spent the rest of my car journey sniffing my wrist at every opportunity.

Since then I have been using the massage bar lightly every morning all over. Initially the smell isn't amazing...it's not horrible, but it needs to mix with your body chemistry.

I guess this is the thing...your body chemistry and how it reacts with the tuca tuca. For me - it ends up smelling amazing. I seriously sit and sniff my skin constantly. It smells fresh, with hints of musk, vanilla, sandalwood.

It's just amazing. Definitely get a sample and see how it smells on you before writing this one off based on negative reviews. I <3 it!