Smashbox sienna

Smashbox Sienna eyeshadow

on 8/18/2011 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Sienna is the best eye shadow I have ever used. I have had this for a while now and didn't fully appreciate it until recently, when I started venturing into the world of shadows with pigment and smooth textures. This color is a highly pigmented, metallic, relatively smooth (but not soft like the WnW color icon shadows) root beer color (brown with a hint of red and gold). It glistens beautifully, and is easy to blend. No fallout, and wears a decent amount of time. I believe this shade would look flattering on any skin tone.

Pigment: 5/5
Texture: 4.5/5 (not buttery, but not grainy)
Staying power: 4.5/5
Package quality: 5/5
Color: 5/5

I cannot seem to find the price from Sephora online, and I don't recall...I'd say $15-$20, which is a LOT. I suspect NYX Root Beer may be a good dupe (never tried it), but I just adore this shadow. Makes my green eyes look seductive and naturally beautiful.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I don't know if it's getting older or if I just don't have much color in my face, but I can't wear matte shadow on my eyes. It just looks too flat. Sienna has a little shimmer without being OTT and gives my eyes some depth. It's a pretty, all occasion eye color that looks good on warm skin tones. It makes your eyes pop! :)

on 9/13/2010 4:58:00 PM

I cannot believe no one has reviewed this e/s yet....its like a better and more pigmented, and more smooth Mac Mulch....great warm brown with little bronze sheen, almost metallic, not too much, just perfect...so pretty, really recomended.