Urban Decay The Black Palette

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Urban Decay The Black Palette
UD Black PaletteThe Black PaletteThe Black PaletteUrban Decay Vert & LibertineThe Black Palette

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 2/15/2011 6:51:00 PM

I bought this because I wanted a palette that i could do dark, smoky looks with. This palette is certainly good for this purpose. The colors are lovely in the pan but the are very back based and tend to come out more on the black side. Using them over fyrinnae's pixie epoxy helps the colors to comes through.Their texture is nice and for the most part I have been using the shadows over crease colors to help define the outer corners of my eyes. I like the 24/7 liners so, even though I have a few from other palettes, I will use the zero pencil that come with this. The mini primer potion in eden is nice, but I find that it does not prevent creasing as well as the original formula. While I enjoy this palette and will use it I don't think I like it enough to repurchase it.

on 2/11/2011 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this product! I purchased it to use as eyeliners and not eyeshadow and it works awesome with the dark variety of colors. Colors in the palette are: Black Dog (black matte), Barracuda (black w/silver sparkly shift - which basically makes it look gray), Sabbath (black w/blue sparkly shift), Jet (black w/purple sparkly shift), Cobra (black w/gold sparkly shift), Libertine (black w/emerald sparkly shift) PROS: richly pigmented and easy to use as eyeliner; product lasts FOREVER since I'm using it as an eyeliner (I've been using it for 2 months now and there are no dips in any color); the sparkly shift and the color really does come out when I use it as a liner; bonus items of 2 minis UDPP in Eden and 24/7 pencil in Zero (black); price. CONS: I don't use the mini UDPP and 24/7 (but they were great to swap out); Barracuda (the gray) makes my eyes look small (something about how the pigment/sparkle reflects in light for me); Sephora Exclusive (meaning Sephora is the only place you can find this item); price. *So how is the price a pro and a con. Well, $36 is expensive - HOWEVER, if you buy/love/wear UD eyeshadow anyways - their regular shadow pot is .05 oz at $17 each and in this palette you get .01 oz less (these are .04 oz each) and you get 6 colors (plus the 2 minis). So, you could get 6 of the regular sized eyeshadow for $102 and not include the 2 mini items or $36 for .06 oz less of eyeshadow and a mini UDPP and mini 24/7 pencil. So, in the end, I see this as an excellent deal. I would definitely buy it again but I don't think I will need to in my entire lifetime! :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

To be honest, if you love a good smokey eye and love to play with dramatic dark color, these are the colors for your crease line. Theyre way too dark to put on the inner eye, I think, but they create a stunning smokey eye. Baracuda, Libertine, and Cobra are the colors that, besides the black, get the darkest. Personally I love to put Sabbath or Jet on first, then blend in Baracuda, Libertine, or Cobra more in the crease, then Black Dog for the finest detail. Then I like to put a gold (Half Baked -Urban Decay) next, then on the most inner part of the eye put a light peachy gold (Satin Sheets -Too Faced) and then finish it off with a white highlight next to the brow.
--This palatte is love.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I do not have much UD (just the Naked palette) but something about a palette devoted to the art of smokey eyes and deep dark shimmering blackened shades appealed to me. Maybe it's because I've been embracing black based nail polishes for awhile now so the new step was to take natural look me and see what damage I could do with a pigmented UD palette. Shades are very pigmented and a little goes a long way, they are also super blendable which is great. I was least interested in the matte black shade but it does have it's place in the realm of the dark smokey eye and I find it best to lay this shade down on the lid first, blend to darken the lid and then pat over one or more of the the shimmering shades. It's nice they include the traditional black liner in this too and these (I think) would do well as cake liners. Before I tried it my biggest concern was a highlighting shade or a shade to blend the look together (putting the dark on the lid the using a light shade from crease to brow, blending it out) but I find I don't need this. I just pick a shade and that becomes my lid color and I may lightly blend that up a bit to get a light shimmer effect. Surprisingly these shades, for as dark as they can be, can be really sheered out to make more wearable day shades though I felt the dark shades when I applied them wear not a night tie only thing but I have a light hand. Great palette! So unlike anything else I have and if you love UD these are all new shades, no repeats.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

as someone who loves smokey eyes, this palette is a key part to my collection. i also love that they included the new matte primer with this because i've been dying to try it & i'm sick of always getting the sin primer. the shadows can be a little difficult to pull off the pan, but they apply well & blend easy. be careful for fallout though, which generally always happens with UD shadows. either way, i am loving this palette & i recommend it to all those looking for a nice collection of colours for all types of smokey looks.