Urban Decay The Black Palette

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Urban Decay The Black Palette
UD Black PaletteThe Black PaletteThe Black PaletteUrban Decay Vert & LibertineThe Black Palette

3.9

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

I honestly love this!! A lot of people are saying that the colors are too close to each other.. but was that not the point? It is called the Black palette for a reason. I use any of the colors with S&M to make an awesome smoky eye look. The shadows are an awesome texture as always with UD.
I will say I can not wear the eyeliner on my waterline... they irritate my eyes terribly. =(
I really can not say anything bad about this palette.

on 9/9/2012 8:58:00 PM

I saw this and immediately wanted it. I really love the darker shades and find that as I explore doing my make-up more and more that I really love the dark and smokey eye looks. I mainly do make-up for my self portraits, not so much to wear out or for other photo shoots.

So far I have only used the Libertine (the green one). The color is quite interesting because it is a black, but does have a subtle green shimmer in photos, and it is quite striking in person. I do kind of wish the green were a bit more apparent in photos, but at the same time I like the fact that it is a black with a bit of color to it.

The texture is a bit dryer than my other higher quality palette (Kat Von D), but it still goes on nicely and that was not a lot of fallout.

I will include more details as I use the other colors a bit more.

on 6/3/2011 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was excited about this UD palette. Unfortunately i've not had much use for it. I don't reach for it often and I'm really unsure why I wanted it so badly?

on 3/5/2011 7:13:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

If i ever need to I will rebuy this product. I love this palette. I got it as a birthday present. I was kind of worried when i first ordered it that the colors would be chalky or would be too dark, but once i opened it I was shocked. They are amazingly pigmented. I doubt you could easily dupe these with other brands.
I love that a UDPP is included as well as a 24/7 eyeliner. I had not tried either. I can say I will forever have my eye primer product. I dont know so much about the eyeliner. I like mine to be on my waterline and gel seems to be the only product that doesnt move alot. I can say i wore it for 13 hours today after it was set with a shadow and it only smudged 2. I was impressed. I love this Palette and cant wait to buy more.

on 2/27/2011 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Love this palette.....it will be a great crease palette to grab for or a dark lid fadded into a lighter color on the crease!

on 2/4/2011 3:48:00 PM

I got this palette for Christmas, and I love it to death.
Black Dog is the perfect matte black, it's incredibly easy to work with, especially compared to UD's Oil Slick, which is a nightmare to blend.
I love wearing Barracuda all over my lid with Black Dog in the crease. I love it, it's a totally dramatic look that makes my eyes pop from behind glasses.
Jet is okay, but I expected it to be a bit brighter than it was, it was just a little too blackened, but it can definitely be used.
Sabbath is pretty and very unique, but it's the one shadow I've used the least because I just don't wear blues a lot. It's a great one though, not too black.
Cobra is okay. That's just it. It is what it is.
Not going to lie, but Libertine (at least mine) was complete shit. It's a black eye shadow. It falls apart. And when you get to a certain point in the pan, there's not even any green at all. It's disgraceful for Urban Decay.
But I did get a Zero liner with this palette, which I was in desperate need of. And you do get a travel-sized bottle of Eden primer with this palette. So for a liner, a primer, and at least 3 GREAT eyeshadows, this is worth it to me.

on 12/29/2010 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

On my frequent Internet travels I've come across the Urban Decay Black Palette a few times. It's never been something I've looked in to getting myself if I'm honest, but I was bought the kit for Christmas and I was pleasantly surprised.

My favourite colour is 'Cobra', which is a really dark blacky bronze with a gold shimmer, and I use a little over my smokey eye makeup (Urban Decay Smoke Out Kit in Juju) with really thick, heavy mascara and it looks amazing.

It even comes with a full sized eyeliner in 'Zero' (my favourite) and a little bottle of the Primer Potion, which I've been after buying myself for ages.

The only downside I can see is that, as far as I know, you can't buy any of these eyeshadows separately. So if you take a particular liking to just one, then you would have to buy the entire kit again just for one eyeshadow.

However, it's definitely a kit I'd recommend if you like really dark, sultry makeup and sexy smokey eyes.

I'm quite on the fence with this palette.
Urban Decay have bought out some amazing palettes this year (The Alice Palette, the new BOS and the Naked palette) I've been in makeup HEAVEN and I'm so happy with the other three, I also got the Vegan palette with the Black palette from Debenhams. The colours in the black palette just don't seem any different to ones I've got from NYX, I don't like how careful you have to be to see the colour because if you press too hard they will all come out black.
I guess I need to play around with it better. I don't think I would buy again. I think UD could have done so much more with this palette