Urban Decay The Black Palette

Filtered by hair type : Curly
Urban Decay The Black Palette
UD Black PaletteThe Black PaletteThe Black PaletteUrban Decay Vert & LibertineThe Black Palette

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I bought this eyeshadow palette on a whim. I am usually not much into dark shadow colors, but this palette really intrigued me. The colors are so rich and deep and basically, all the shadows you need for a smokey eye are right there! So convenient.
For a night out, I usually apply a lighter shadow color all over my lids, and then I will apply one of the shadows from the Black Palette on the outer V and my crease area, and blend. I get lovely smokey eyes that took literally seconds to achieve.

The shadows are all greatly pigmented, and are easy to blend. I love this palette! If you are a smokey eye lover, then this palette may be one worth looking into.

on 4/28/2011 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

It took me months to purchase this LE palette because I thought to myself I don't need it. I was so wrong, it is absolutely fabulous and I did NEED it. If you love smokey eyes....you need this palette. All the colors have been described below. I have found that the colors are more vivid if you pat as opposed to brush or smudge. Once you brush or smudge they turn black....thus the black palette. Also, Black Dog...is the blackest of all blacks....so fab. I compared it to Perversion in the UD Book of Shadows III and its 10 times blacker than Perversion. I use with the original UDPP or Kat Von D's smokey eye primer. Great packaging. Get it!!!!

on 2/7/2011 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I can't figure out how I feel about this Palette yet. The colors look AMAZING in the pan, then you use them and you're not sure. I wish Jet (the purple-black) had more purple to it, rather it shows up quite black. I'm a little nervous to use the Sabbath & Libertine as I feel these colors may make me look washed out. Black dog is a nice matte back that I like to use blend up into the Jet & Cobra. I gave the eyeliner away because for me, it doesn't stay well at all. The UDPP works like a charm and I'm glad it came with, but damnit, I'm still stuck on Jet not being as pigmented as I'd hoped. I haven't given up yet, I like a challenge!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

To be honest, if you love a good smokey eye and love to play with dramatic dark color, these are the colors for your crease line. Theyre way too dark to put on the inner eye, I think, but they create a stunning smokey eye. Baracuda, Libertine, and Cobra are the colors that, besides the black, get the darkest. Personally I love to put Sabbath or Jet on first, then blend in Baracuda, Libertine, or Cobra more in the crease, then Black Dog for the finest detail. Then I like to put a gold (Half Baked -Urban Decay) next, then on the most inner part of the eye put a light peachy gold (Satin Sheets -Too Faced) and then finish it off with a white highlight next to the brow.
--This palatte is love.