Urban Decay The Black Palette

Filtered by hair type : Other
Urban Decay The Black Palette
UD Black PaletteThe Black PaletteThe Black PaletteUrban Decay Vert & LibertineThe Black Palette

3.2

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 10/29/2011 10:22:00 PM

Currently. my favourite palette! I am a fan of dark eyeshadow colors and this black palette has the basic colors.
The amazing part of this palette is that, the more you blend the eyeshadow, it become darker and darker which resembles black eyeshadow but you still see hints of the actual colors like Barracuda which is silvery grey.
The color texture is good, easy to blend, intense color and long lasting! You just need to apply 1 or 2 layers to get the look!

on 8/29/2011 11:39:00 AM

Picked up this palette last year since it looked like I could create a few colour variations on a smokey eye with it.

First, the BEST shade is Black Dog. I have never used such a pigmented matte black shadow ever. Blends far better than is competition, except perhaps Nars Pandora.

The rest of the shades, while all looking very different in pan, all seem to go an ashy grey once on the skin. There is very little variation between them. Certainly not enough to warrant this being a 60 dollar palette. I have had slightly more luck applying them wet, however then they loose blendability. Overall, I would stay away from this one.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

So this is my FIRST Urban Decay product I have received. I got this as a Christmas gift from the fiance, and am glad I did =) This product really did swept me off my feet <3
The price is seriously NOT BAD. I say not bad, because you get 6 eyeshadows, which are fairly big, so it wasn't too steep. Plus, you get a 24/7 eyeliner (trial size) and an UDPP, which is also an added bonus (trial size as well). Too bad it's Limited Edition though =(
Packaging quality is good. It's magnetic. How much better can it get? It snaps shut, stays shut. Perfectly secure.
Overall? I LOVE it! I love black. So this is true love for me. This palette is perfect for achieving that smokey eye look. They are also intensely pigmented. How many shadows are really that smooth? These glide on like silk on to your eyes. Even MAC can't beat these eyeshadows.
I wouldn't recommended it for those of you who constantly wear the daytime look, or those of you who are "shy" to wear a more dramatic look. These are dramatic and not for the shy.
I would buy this again. I love it!

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

I actually did not purchase this but saw it in the store-nothing to write home about. resembles the old Smashbox smokey eye palette, which I still have. Thats why I didn't bother purchasing this item.

on 12/25/2010 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

this palette is far, far, far from a must have.
black dog is a matte black and, hell, it isnt even that great of a matte black.
barracuda is good, a gunmetal, shimmery color.
jet is pretty in the pan but once applied it looks like a gross, matte, muddy purple.
sabbath is decent.
cobra is cool. the gold reflex does pop. i was suprised, i thought i wouldnt be able to notice is.
libertine sucks. it's black...not close to green.

it comes with a mini eden potion and a mini zero eyeliner. 2 products that are good, too bad they're mini.

the packaging is whatever. closes magnetically which i always find irritating.