Urban Decay The Black Palette

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Urban Decay The Black Palette
UD Black PaletteThe Black PaletteThe Black PaletteUrban Decay Vert & LibertineThe Black Palette

3.8

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 6/28/2011 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I uploaded a picture of swatches on my hand above. I just got this palette today, and i just love looking at it! the picture i took is pretty bad because i have no real camera, but it was as close as i could get. If you apply these shadows dry, they just look like dark dusty colors of what you expect. But if you foil them or use pixie epoxy, it looks amaaaaaaaazing. It really brings out the jewel tones in the shadow and they almost glow when shone in the light! they are pretty hard to foil i find, because if any dry shadow gets around the wet, it leaves a dark ring around it like you can see in my picture, so they have to be applied carefully. Libertine doesn't look like much first, but foiled and in the light, its such a beautiful dark forest green! I love them all already!

on 6/3/2011 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was excited about this UD palette. Unfortunately i've not had much use for it. I don't reach for it often and I'm really unsure why I wanted it so badly?

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Amazing palette! I love the bottom three colours: Sabbath (blue) Cobra and Libertine (lovely green-black) I got so many compliments when wearing these, love them!

on 2/7/2011 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I can't figure out how I feel about this Palette yet. The colors look AMAZING in the pan, then you use them and you're not sure. I wish Jet (the purple-black) had more purple to it, rather it shows up quite black. I'm a little nervous to use the Sabbath & Libertine as I feel these colors may make me look washed out. Black dog is a nice matte back that I like to use blend up into the Jet & Cobra. I gave the eyeliner away because for me, it doesn't stay well at all. The UDPP works like a charm and I'm glad it came with, but damnit, I'm still stuck on Jet not being as pigmented as I'd hoped. I haven't given up yet, I like a challenge!

on 11/16/2010 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Sorry to be a party pooper here but this just didn't work out for me. I always do smokey eyes and thought this would be awesome for me.
It wasn't.
I thought oh great I could have different colored dark e/s.
Bah, it was dumb
All u have to do to get a dark colored e/s like these is add black to whatever color u want and bam ur good.
Plus, it's too expensive. I found better dupes from Fyrinnae at a cheaper price. Plus, they are more sparkly and give u that bam look i was looking for.
This just felt like a no-brainer. I returned it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Calling all fellow rocker chicks...this is the palette for you! UD have really outdone themselves this time with The Black Palette. The colors are all black-based with green, purple, gold, silver, blue and matte black. All shades (except the matte black, of course) have sparkle. And the shades all have rock 'n roll names: "Sabbath," "Barracuda," etc. The palette even comes with black pencil eyeliner in "Zero" and a mini primer potion in "Eden." The colors are all spectacular and go on great and the primer potion does an awesome job. You can't beat the value, either: $36 for a six-shadow palette, an eyeliner pencil and a mini eye primer. In short, it rocks!