Urban Decay The Black Palette

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Urban Decay The Black Palette
UD Black PaletteThe Black PaletteThe Black PaletteUrban Decay Vert & LibertineThe Black Palette

4.2

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this a while back when it was being clearanced out from the Urban Decay website for $16. I almost didn't buy it because of the bad reviews, but I'm so glad I did. I wear black eyeshadow at the outer corners of my eyes at least 3 times a week and will do a dark smoky eye occasionally. The quality of these eyeshadows is awesome. They are extremely dark, but have zero fallout! I like Black Dog even better than the Urban Decay Perversion eyeshadow single I own. The other shades do look a lot darker once applied to my eyes than you'd expect from looking at them in the pan, so I can understand some people's disappointment. However, I wanted to mention that I used this palette on a friend that has dark skin and the colors showed up more true to pan on her. I wish I had purchased a backup of this when it was still available.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I bought this eyeshadow palette on a whim. I am usually not much into dark shadow colors, but this palette really intrigued me. The colors are so rich and deep and basically, all the shadows you need for a smokey eye are right there! So convenient.
For a night out, I usually apply a lighter shadow color all over my lids, and then I will apply one of the shadows from the Black Palette on the outer V and my crease area, and blend. I get lovely smokey eyes that took literally seconds to achieve.

The shadows are all greatly pigmented, and are easy to blend. I love this palette! If you are a smokey eye lover, then this palette may be one worth looking into.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I love LOVE this palette. I'm always reaching out for it. I'm the kind of gal who loves to wear smokey eyes. Subtle and sometimes dramatic. A lot of people have the wrong impression about this product and I understand why, but just remember it's called the BLACK palette for a reason. All of eye-shadows are BLACK with hints of different shades. ^_^

on 2/25/2011 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love this palette! Out of all the palettes I own, I reach for this a majority of the time.The matte black is the best I've ever tried for blendability and of course urban decay's pigmentation is is awesome. I prefer the matte black in this palette over MAC's carbon and over urban decay's own perversion which is part of the permanent line.

If you're not into dark makeup, I'd skip this palette and just buy a good matte black; however, I love dark, smoky looks, so I use this palette regularly. Awesome stuff. Would defiantely buy again.

I'm quite on the fence with this palette.
Urban Decay have bought out some amazing palettes this year (The Alice Palette, the new BOS and the Naked palette) I've been in makeup HEAVEN and I'm so happy with the other three, I also got the Vegan palette with the Black palette from Debenhams. The colours in the black palette just don't seem any different to ones I've got from NYX, I don't like how careful you have to be to see the colour because if you press too hard they will all come out black.
I guess I need to play around with it better. I don't think I would buy again. I think UD could have done so much more with this palette