Urban Decay The Black Palette

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry
Urban Decay The Black Palette
UD Black PaletteThe Black PaletteThe Black PaletteUrban Decay Vert & LibertineThe Black Palette

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 9/6/2011 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am sooo fond of this palette ! Finally I can create a smokey eye look without looking like I have blackeyed. I am really impress on how this blends well with my skintone (NC40), I can used one color alone and it still delivers a very impressive smokey eye look. when mixed and blend with the other colors it adds more dimension, more depth and really emphasized beautifully my brown eyes. Just perfect !

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I do not have much UD (just the Naked palette) but something about a palette devoted to the art of smokey eyes and deep dark shimmering blackened shades appealed to me. Maybe it's because I've been embracing black based nail polishes for awhile now so the new step was to take natural look me and see what damage I could do with a pigmented UD palette. Shades are very pigmented and a little goes a long way, they are also super blendable which is great. I was least interested in the matte black shade but it does have it's place in the realm of the dark smokey eye and I find it best to lay this shade down on the lid first, blend to darken the lid and then pat over one or more of the the shimmering shades. It's nice they include the traditional black liner in this too and these (I think) would do well as cake liners. Before I tried it my biggest concern was a highlighting shade or a shade to blend the look together (putting the dark on the lid the using a light shade from crease to brow, blending it out) but I find I don't need this. I just pick a shade and that becomes my lid color and I may lightly blend that up a bit to get a light shimmer effect. Surprisingly these shades, for as dark as they can be, can be really sheered out to make more wearable day shades though I felt the dark shades when I applied them wear not a night tie only thing but I have a light hand. Great palette! So unlike anything else I have and if you love UD these are all new shades, no repeats.