Urban Decay The Black Palette

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Urban Decay The Black Palette
UD Black PaletteThe Black PaletteThe Black PaletteUrban Decay Vert & LibertineThe Black Palette

4.1

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

I honestly love this!! A lot of people are saying that the colors are too close to each other.. but was that not the point? It is called the Black palette for a reason. I use any of the colors with S&M to make an awesome smoky eye look. The shadows are an awesome texture as always with UD.
I will say I can not wear the eyeliner on my waterline... they irritate my eyes terribly. =(
I really can not say anything bad about this palette.

on 9/9/2012 8:58:00 PM

I saw this and immediately wanted it. I really love the darker shades and find that as I explore doing my make-up more and more that I really love the dark and smokey eye looks. I mainly do make-up for my self portraits, not so much to wear out or for other photo shoots.

So far I have only used the Libertine (the green one). The color is quite interesting because it is a black, but does have a subtle green shimmer in photos, and it is quite striking in person. I do kind of wish the green were a bit more apparent in photos, but at the same time I like the fact that it is a black with a bit of color to it.

The texture is a bit dryer than my other higher quality palette (Kat Von D), but it still goes on nicely and that was not a lot of fallout.

I will include more details as I use the other colors a bit more.

I bought this palette while it was on a clearance sale, like 12 dollars or so? Obviously, this palette is a steal for 12 dollars.
I'm not much of a dark color person, but if I ever feel the need to use dark colors I will definitely go to this palette!
As always, UD has outstanding shadows.

on 10/29/2011 10:22:00 PM

Currently. my favourite palette! I am a fan of dark eyeshadow colors and this black palette has the basic colors.
The amazing part of this palette is that, the more you blend the eyeshadow, it become darker and darker which resembles black eyeshadow but you still see hints of the actual colors like Barracuda which is silvery grey.
The color texture is good, easy to blend, intense color and long lasting! You just need to apply 1 or 2 layers to get the look!

I bought this palette a while ago, and the tester i tried had far more colours true to the oan than the version i took home,which irritated me.
I wish I had bought the Ammo palette instead, as the shadows are all really pigmented and easy to blend,but once you actually blend them you cannot see the seperate colours very well,and they all just look blacky-grey.
Very disappointed in this product.Nice pigmented colours though,with easy blending and good for a smokey eye.

on 8/29/2011 11:39:00 AM

Picked up this palette last year since it looked like I could create a few colour variations on a smokey eye with it.

First, the BEST shade is Black Dog. I have never used such a pigmented matte black shadow ever. Blends far better than is competition, except perhaps Nars Pandora.

The rest of the shades, while all looking very different in pan, all seem to go an ashy grey once on the skin. There is very little variation between them. Certainly not enough to warrant this being a 60 dollar palette. I have had slightly more luck applying them wet, however then they loose blendability. Overall, I would stay away from this one.

on 3/5/2011 7:13:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

If i ever need to I will rebuy this product. I love this palette. I got it as a birthday present. I was kind of worried when i first ordered it that the colors would be chalky or would be too dark, but once i opened it I was shocked. They are amazingly pigmented. I doubt you could easily dupe these with other brands.
I love that a UDPP is included as well as a 24/7 eyeliner. I had not tried either. I can say I will forever have my eye primer product. I dont know so much about the eyeliner. I like mine to be on my waterline and gel seems to be the only product that doesnt move alot. I can say i wore it for 13 hours today after it was set with a shadow and it only smudged 2. I was impressed. I love this Palette and cant wait to buy more.

on 2/27/2011 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Love this palette.....it will be a great crease palette to grab for or a dark lid fadded into a lighter color on the crease!

on 2/25/2011 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love this palette! Out of all the palettes I own, I reach for this a majority of the time.The matte black is the best I've ever tried for blendability and of course urban decay's pigmentation is is awesome. I prefer the matte black in this palette over MAC's carbon and over urban decay's own perversion which is part of the permanent line.

If you're not into dark makeup, I'd skip this palette and just buy a good matte black; however, I love dark, smoky looks, so I use this palette regularly. Awesome stuff. Would defiantely buy again.

on 2/15/2011 6:51:00 PM

I bought this because I wanted a palette that i could do dark, smoky looks with. This palette is certainly good for this purpose. The colors are lovely in the pan but the are very back based and tend to come out more on the black side. Using them over fyrinnae's pixie epoxy helps the colors to comes through.Their texture is nice and for the most part I have been using the shadows over crease colors to help define the outer corners of my eyes. I like the 24/7 liners so, even though I have a few from other palettes, I will use the zero pencil that come with this. The mini primer potion in eden is nice, but I find that it does not prevent creasing as well as the original formula. While I enjoy this palette and will use it I don't think I like it enough to repurchase it.