Urban Decay The Black Palette

Urban Decay The Black Palette
UD Black PaletteThe Black PaletteThe Black PaletteUrban Decay Vert & LibertineThe Black Palette

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

I honestly love this!! A lot of people are saying that the colors are too close to each other.. but was that not the point? It is called the Black palette for a reason. I use any of the colors with S&M to make an awesome smoky eye look. The shadows are an awesome texture as always with UD.
I will say I can not wear the eyeliner on my waterline... they irritate my eyes terribly. =(
I really can not say anything bad about this palette.

on 9/10/2012 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Oh ho... I purchased this on a whim in a store when I was visiting London. The conversion rate killed me but I was so greedy I had to have it.

The colors are fantastic, I use it with a primer. Any will do. I've had UD Primer Potion, the Benefit blue tube one (Shadow Insurance? I can't remember, too lazy to check) and even the NYX primer in a balm tub. They're all great.

They're perfect for a night on the town (do people still say that anymore?) or just to vamp up your pretty eyes.

I bought this palette while it was on a clearance sale, like 12 dollars or so? Obviously, this palette is a steal for 12 dollars.
I'm not much of a dark color person, but if I ever feel the need to use dark colors I will definitely go to this palette!
As always, UD has outstanding shadows.

on 9/6/2011 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am sooo fond of this palette ! Finally I can create a smokey eye look without looking like I have blackeyed. I am really impress on how this blends well with my skintone (NC40), I can used one color alone and it still delivers a very impressive smokey eye look. when mixed and blend with the other colors it adds more dimension, more depth and really emphasized beautifully my brown eyes. Just perfect !

on 6/28/2011 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I uploaded a picture of swatches on my hand above. I just got this palette today, and i just love looking at it! the picture i took is pretty bad because i have no real camera, but it was as close as i could get. If you apply these shadows dry, they just look like dark dusty colors of what you expect. But if you foil them or use pixie epoxy, it looks amaaaaaaaazing. It really brings out the jewel tones in the shadow and they almost glow when shone in the light! they are pretty hard to foil i find, because if any dry shadow gets around the wet, it leaves a dark ring around it like you can see in my picture, so they have to be applied carefully. Libertine doesn't look like much first, but foiled and in the light, its such a beautiful dark forest green! I love them all already!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Amazing palette! I love the bottom three colours: Sabbath (blue) Cobra and Libertine (lovely green-black) I got so many compliments when wearing these, love them!

on 4/28/2011 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

It took me months to purchase this LE palette because I thought to myself I don't need it. I was so wrong, it is absolutely fabulous and I did NEED it. If you love smokey eyes....you need this palette. All the colors have been described below. I have found that the colors are more vivid if you pat as opposed to brush or smudge. Once you brush or smudge they turn black....thus the black palette. Also, Black Dog...is the blackest of all blacks....so fab. I compared it to Perversion in the UD Book of Shadows III and its 10 times blacker than Perversion. I use with the original UDPP or Kat Von D's smokey eye primer. Great packaging. Get it!!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I love LOVE this palette. I'm always reaching out for it. I'm the kind of gal who loves to wear smokey eyes. Subtle and sometimes dramatic. A lot of people have the wrong impression about this product and I understand why, but just remember it's called the BLACK palette for a reason. All of eye-shadows are BLACK with hints of different shades. ^_^

on 3/15/2011 4:30:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this palette! This is a beautiful color and a must have for smoky eyes. The colors are very dark and pigmented. It is important to keep in mind that this is color eyeshadow dipped in black, so it is meant to be black with some color for dimension. Eden will help hold the eyeshadow but it makes it rather flat, so I don't recommend using it with Eden. I found that the colors are beautiful and extremely colorful with Kat Von D's smoky primer. The primer picks up the colors so well, and the eyeshadows become exactly like they look in the pan so jewel tones of green, purple, blue, etc. So definitely use it with that primer

on 3/5/2011 7:13:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

If i ever need to I will rebuy this product. I love this palette. I got it as a birthday present. I was kind of worried when i first ordered it that the colors would be chalky or would be too dark, but once i opened it I was shocked. They are amazingly pigmented. I doubt you could easily dupe these with other brands.
I love that a UDPP is included as well as a 24/7 eyeliner. I had not tried either. I can say I will forever have my eye primer product. I dont know so much about the eyeliner. I like mine to be on my waterline and gel seems to be the only product that doesnt move alot. I can say i wore it for 13 hours today after it was set with a shadow and it only smudged 2. I was impressed. I love this Palette and cant wait to buy more.