3.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

8 years ago

This is quite lovely, lady-like and sophisticated without being a floral-bomb. It's a beautiful, powdery floral fragrance, that comes off as a rose although it does not contain rose in the listed notes. I especially like the lotion and just wish I could find more of it at a good price. Love Chloe is simultaneously classic and contemporary. It's an ageless fragrance that could stretch from age 20 to 60 with ease. Highly recommend sampling for rose fans and powder & soaps lovers.

About reviewer (89 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

8 years ago

A very sophisticated powdery scent. I usually go for fruity and spicy scents but this just smells so amazing, clean and elegant on my skin and I put it on whenever I want to smell nice but don't want to stand out too much. It has amazing staying power as well. The bottle is classic and elegant and it matches the scent but I find it a bit bulky.

About reviewer (526 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

EyesGray

8 years ago

I can understand why others might not like this one. This is a classic smell (reminds me of 60's 70's) but with a high glamour. I love to put this one on when i dress up to go out on a date or dinner. I also use this sometimes when I go to work (in a military base) and more than a couple of my coworker actually asked me what perfume I am wearing because it smells good.

About reviewer (34 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

3.0

8 years ago

I got the little 'to-go' box at Sephora. The one that comes with a sample of the two scents: Chloe and Chloe love. They're ok. Chloe Love is not bad, although I do find it a bit soapy for my taste, and it starts a bit loudly. The problem is, on me, it has very little staying power. I decanted the little bottle into one of my purse spray bottles. I sprayed it generously, but it faded in in a short time. Stayed well on my clothes, though. Anyway, it's a nice floral. Not too ambitious, therefore, not very remarkable, but pleasant enough.

About reviewer (703 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

8 years ago

Absolutely bloody brilliant. First off, the bottle is a rare glimmer of glamour in my otherwise shabby and poverty-stricken existence. A peachy liquid, a delicate but practically shaped bottle, and a lid attached to the main body by a little golden chain. The smell is very 70s, with a modern twist. Violets, powder, lifted out of sickliness by a very faint fruity element and something a little sharper. It smells like a pretty girl in a massive knit on a cold day. I can't imagine it working very well in the hotter months, but as a winter fragrance, it rocks. It's floral without being nauseating, and powdery without smelling old. It's warm without being cloying, and has fab staying power. There's something nostalgic about it, perhaps the 70s vibe. I've never gotten as many compliments from men on my scent than I have wearing this perfume. There must be something in it they really like, perhaps the softness and the fact that it is indisputably 100% feminine, without doing that whole ''I'm a sticky sweet, rolled in rose petals, dipped in honey, covered in vanilla, powdered over with strawberries, and then sold to unicorns!!!'' thing that so many uber-feminine scents do these days, and which so often make my stomach turn. I think I've found my perfect scent.

About reviewer (20 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

EyesBlue

8 years ago

I was expecting something lovely, like a soft floral cloud of delicate powder or something. What I got was an initial blast of something that smelled very familiar--then I realized this smells a lot like Navy perfume from back in the '80s/90s. After the Navy topnotes faded I got an uninteresting, overly sweet "mall scent" that was on the border of being cloying, but somehow not completely terrible. I thought it might be nice as a gift for someone who was really into department store fragrances, as it isn't all bad. It's just not something I would purchase.

About reviewer (170 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairRed, Other, Medium

EyesHazel

from

8 years ago

I expected a light floral, ladylike scent. I got beachy soap from the 1980s. Those seashell soaps that your mom had (or has) on the back of her toilet in a little dish? That is what this smells like. Almost exactly. It's airy, breezy and clean, but in the same way a soapy, washed bathroom is, not in a feminine pretty way. It smells like a clean bathroom in the summertime. Which is nice. But not to wear. Pass.

About reviewer (87 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

1.0

8 years ago

I tried this in Sephora and made the mistake of spraying it on my coat sleeve. What a vial blast of violets and Iris that hijack my nose and leave me literally tasting soap in my mouth! Yuck! Reminds me of these gross violet candies that taste like soap AND SMELL LIKE BUG SPRAY.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Olive

HairBrown

8 years ago

This is much too fruity on me; I had hoped for more floral & powder, but I put it on several hours ago and I'm still getting "orange baby aspirin". I can see how it would be delicious on someone else, but sadly -- I so wanted to wear beige pants and go out to lunch in my vintage Mercedes! -- I'll have to give this one a pass.

About reviewer (54 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

8 years ago

Love, Chloe to me is the most memorable fragrance I have ever smelled or worn. It captivated me the moment I first smelled it, it is unlike any other, absolutely mesmerizing and captivating fragrance and to me probably the most unique scent as well. It definitely contains vintage accords, notes most would not use today which contributes to its uniqueness but it is somewhat of a modern take on a vintage perfume, with awesome sillage and lasting power but without a headachy heaviness. I can easily picture someone like Marilyn Monroe wearing a fragrance like this, a sultry sexy woman but with lots of class and elegance. In fact, in my opinion the ad does not do it any justice but that is what I often find to be the case. The ad only captures the elegance and femininity side of this beautiful fragrance but without the unique sultriness I find just as important in it and without the vintage nuances of the fragrance. It is a very characteristic scent which people would notice on you and compliment on. In fact, it is the fragrance I have gotten the most compliments on both from men and women alike and it has started a Love, Chloe craze at work. I do wear it for work too on occasion but still I think this is more of an evening or special occassion scent, one you would dress up for and not to be worn with jeans. Of course this is in part due to its uber feminine character. As many great fragrances, it is one that will divide people, some will love it and some will hate it but it will not leave anyone indifferent. The clean notes, which some would call old lady (and BTW, noone has ever made that comment when smelling this on me and I do not personally get it either) the soap or powder in it in my opinion provides great contrast which makes the fragrance perfectly balanced, you cannot distinguish any note separately, maybe a little bit of the florals (rose especially) but it is perfectly contrasted or otherwise we would only have one of the gazillion boring florals. The Hyacinth and heliotrope give is an unusual very feminine and sexy floral character and the orange blossom and pepper make it more modern. The rice and peru balsam contribute greatly to the depth and special character of this fragrance. The woman I see wearing this is a very feminine, classy and confident woman, who dares to stand out from the crowd and is aware of her own attractiveness. It is an ode to femininity and to be one of the very best ever created. I kept going back to this and I will never be without a 50 ml bottle of this fragrance as when during any season I need to feel like a woman, I can spray my Love, Chloe which would make me feel more attractive, more sexy and more feminine.

About reviewer (25 reviews)

Age30-35