3.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

7 years ago

AWWW YEAH. I've spent MONTHS searching high and low for my next fragrance (particularly for my Wedding). Fragrances frustrate me; I have bought many perfumes over the years only to grow sick of them or find a note that I hate that becomes most prominent on me. Lately, each morning as I was getting ready at my dresser and looking over my options for fragrance, I was disappointed. Fragrances are very nostalgic for me and I was more than ready for a new fragrance to take me through the happiest time of my life. About six months ago, I tried a perfume by Frederic Malle, called Iris Poudre. I loved it SO much, that I seriously considered buying it despite its $200 price tag. I decided to keep looking to see if I could find something I loved just as much and it took me six months to do so. Enter: Love, Chloe. I don't know a lot about perfume, but I know that I'm picky. I also know that fragrances often turn on me by the end of the day and usually the least desirable note is the one that's most prominent on me. I typically like floral, powdery scents (hence, Iris Poudre) and Love, Chloe I would describe as exactly that. It's beautiful. I don't know how to explain it, but it's like I took a shower in the nicest smelling soap ever. I typically don't like soapy-smelling fragrances, but this is luxuriously classic-smelling. I don't know how to describe this adequately, but it's just so unique and clean, soft (and a little spicy), romantic and warm, but almost as though it couldn't come out of a bottle. I think this is the first fragrance that has made me understand what a signature scent is supposed to be: you can't put your finger on why you love it, but it just works. LOVE Love, Chloe.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

SkinCombination

from

7 years ago

note: I'm using the EDT. I was originally going to buy Chloe EDP, but then I saw the EDT of this. My thoughts about Love, Chloe EDP are mixed. The scent is lovely, but when it drys down it gets suffocatingly powdery. I don't mind powder, but the dry down for me on this EDP was just too strong. Having said that, I really did adore the scent. So I decided to opt for the EDT and hope for the best. It's fantastic. The drydown here is quiet, and subtle. This perfume is so ethereal: the people around you will smell it in faint, intoxicating whiffs they won't able to get enough of. It starts out quite fresh, still floral. I can actually detect Chloe, Chloe in this from that freshness. This just has a more soft, floral drydown. The powder in the EDT is perfectly balanced. If I had to describe the overall scent, it would have to be clean, fresh flowers, something along the lines of roses and freesia (and I mean that in the least artifical way possible. There is nothing false about the floral notes in this perfume). Honestly, whenever I think of a true Parisian perfume, I think of this. There's nothing overstated about it. The packaging is beautiful too. I love putting this perfume on: simple, feminine and ethereal. This is the scent enigmas wear. It's hard to forget it, but difficult to describe how intoxicating yet softly insubsantial it is. A romantic scent, I think.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinOther, Olive

7 years ago

Love, Chloe is beautiful and almost shockingly original. Consider that the popular "statement" for the last few years in fragrance has been either fruity floral, fruitcholi, or vanillic gourmand or a combination of the two. In the last year, the avant garde subset of the popular has started using oude in everything. and there you have it: fruity floral, fruitcholi, vanilla/gourmand bomb, or oude. For the mainstream, that's mostly it. And then Love, Chloe comes along. It starts as an old school floral, say 50's style - all the lilac and hyacinth/wisteria you can handle and then some. Underneath a powdery, dry iris is hinting at things to come. Over the drydown, the light touch of sweet powder begins sweeping through the retro florals. Just when the balance feels as if it's tipping away from retro floral, the clean Egyptian-style musk begins opening up. Now it becomes a shifting balance between powder and clean musk, with still just a touch of the retro floral keeping the scent girly. This is shockingly female, beautiful, complex, and references history along with modern innovation. And what is even nicer is that in the I Only Wear Fruity-Floral Or Gourmet landscape, Love Chloe is flourishing! I very much enjoy the feel of this scent, it's complexity, the warm prettiness of it, and the beautiful quality. The sillage isn't huge, but it makes a statement and it lasts forever. I can't wait to try the Intense version - it may possibly be as good, but it won't be better. The bottle is lovely - classic, clean lines, nicely functional but pretty. UPDATE: I'm occasionally getting my nemesis, the unlit tobacco note, in the drydown. I'm still amazed at the perfumer's audacity and the popularity of LC in the current fragrance climate, but I may not go FB after all. I'd like to see what Love, Chloe Intense is like.

About reviewer (542 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination

7 years ago

My first perfume ever ! I received it as a gift for my birthday, and before this i never wore any fragrance before. I think it is simple and sweet, for everyday. It is a good way to start with fragrances. The packaging is really beautiful, I kept the box because it is SO Chloé and chic. I would buy it again ! (I am named Chloé also, it gives me one more reason !) However, someone at work once asked me if i was wearing a men's fragrance (?!)

About reviewer (17 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Medium

HairBlack

EyesHazel

7 years ago

Metamorphosis in a Bottle "how a caterpillar turned into a butterfly" In this case How Gravel turns into Silk, Love Opens Harsh with a Blast of Orange Flower and Pink Pepper Underpinning starts it off a little Boozy and sharp, As Love dries the scent turns Silky smooth and supple Like Second Skin Heliotrope Come Steeping though Giving Love a Vanillic Sweetness, Lilac is Subtle but Noticeable As Love Nears it's ending Musk Opens bringing with it an air of Animalistic Touch Iris Gives it a Cold Metallic Tinge, hat i can Pick up The Note of Leather I Do Notice a Good deal of it to my Nose I Do Notice a Good deal of it to my Nose Dominating but not Cloying The Leather brings out a good Base in this Fragrance, Rice gives the Scent an Avant Gardness Just Picture White Rice Floating on Glossy Black Leather, The Bottle may look simple but the Notes are a Work of Art.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

SkinOther, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

8 years ago

I like this, but I didn't at first. I had to try it 3 or 4 times to like it. I think that I just don't like how it starts out, but after it dries down it's much better. I'm not good with fragrance notes, so don't count on me to describe it further. There's something sort of 'Late '80's' about this fragrance, but that's not a bad thing.

About reviewer (332 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

1.0

8 years ago

I can't wear this. Too heavy with strong florals. Nothing warm or good about it. I get no powdery notes when wearing this. In fact, I had to wash it off. I thought with the name it would be a soft pretty perfume but it just doesn't work on me.

About reviewer (144 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Medium

1.0

8 years ago

I prefer floral orientals, for the record. I received this as a sample from Sephora, and it is absolutely horrendous. It could be worse, but it reminds me of an upper middle aged lady (a woman in her 50s-60s). There's a sharp fruitiness that keeps the powdery floral from going too granny, but this scent is not only not me, but it makes me extremely nauseated. Full on headache material. This doesn't smell cheap, per se, but I wouldn't say it smells expensive either. There is indeed a soapiness that keeps this cloying fragrance from smelling expensive. Going to take a shower now to wash this horrible fragrance off my arm.

About reviewer (43 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Other, Other

8 years ago

I love love love love love this scent. I have no words for how much I love this. This really is my signature scent. It is really powdery although I think this is an "older" scent, it smells really nice on me. People compliment all the time, and when I'm wearing it people say that I look more mature. I love the package simple but classy, it represents the scent very well. To me, the scent goes very well in winter as in summer, you can wear it every season, but I prefer to wear it in the Winter. This is definitely not a standard scent that everybody likes.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesGreen

2.0

8 years ago

I wanted so badly to love this scent ... Its just not me. I know this may sound weird, but its a "Blonde " scent in my opinion. It is something I imagine smelling on a classy blonde woman. There is a note in this perfume that just doesn't settle well on my skin. Its not the powdery notes or rice notes. I adore scents with those particular notes in them. I wish it were a little sweeter. I guess I am more into sweet, powdery scents.

About reviewer (106 reviews)

Age30-35