CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser

CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser
Foaming Facial Cleanser

Purified Water, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Peg-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate and Peg-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Niacinamide, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Sodium Chloride, Phytosphingosine, Citric Acid, Edetate Disodium, Dihydrate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

on 2/20/2018 11:55:00 PM

this is my hg cleanser, i've tried to use other ones but i always come back to this. this was the first gentle facial cleanser i ever used, and my acne decreased by about half just from using this instead of a soapier cleanser. i have normal to oily skin and this cleanser gets EVERYTHING off, any makeup left from my first cleanse, but doesn't strip skin. it seems expensive but one bottle lasts forever.

on 2/19/2018 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Too drying for my skin, and too irritating for my eyes. I also think the top is flimsy and it gives way too much product per pump. Otherwise this is a decent cleanser. Those with medium to oily skin will probably like it better than I did.

on 2/17/2018 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

HG product for me. For years I searched for a gentle cleanser that would make my sensitive, dehydrated, rosacea prone skin feel clean without irritating it, but nothing worked. Some cleansers made my face feel clean, but dry and irritated, while other cleansers did not irritate my skin, but didn't clean very well. Then I discovered CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser.

I use this product as the second step in my nightly double cleanse and in the AM (when I usually don't double cleanse). My skin feels soft, smooth, and clean, and not at all irritated. CeraVe is pH balanced and this helps keeps the skin's acid mantle intact.

A little of this product goes a long way, A half pump from the dispenser is more than enough to wash my face. This is inexpensive, and a bottle lasts me between 9 months to a year, making this a very economical product.

I love to try new and different product for my facial cleansing routine, but I always come back to CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser.

on 2/5/2018 3:38:00 PM

This really helped my redness and acne

on 1/10/2018 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have been using this cleanser for three months now and will continue, it's my favorite(and I've tried quite a few. Leaves my skin soft, isn't drying at all, and a little goes a long way. My skin loves the ingredients and is noticeably brighter and less oily.

on 1/9/2018 12:29:00 PM

A good cleanser at a very reasonable price point. One squirt in your hands, a little water, friction, and foam. I don't use heavy-duty makeup, so all of my daily wear items(tinted moisturizer, bronzer, eyeshadow, and mascara) wash right off. I find that this doesn't dry me out.

The hydrating cleanser is a good value as well; but I prefer foaming cleansers. I have stopped spending $$ on cleansers that really are just washed right off. Product has to stay on to actually do something in my opinion. I choose to spend that money on anti-aging treatments now that I am getting closer to 50.

What I have learned about skincare: Wash your face. Try not to pick. Wear sunscreen diligently. I wish my 18 year old self would have listened known about the last two. Alas it was the late 80s and who wore sunscreen? No one.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

The packaging is nice and simple, comes with a pump which I like. Before I used this I was still using acne cleansers which I feel were making my skin worse. I worked at walmart when I first bought this per recommendation from the pharmacist. It cleans well with out stripping the skin. It foams up nicely which I love for some reason (weird, I know) and it doesn't have a major smell like some cleansers. The first bottle lasted me almost a year, and I had ran out and really missed it, so I just got my second one. :) Will update if anything changes.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this for one of my teenage daughters and son. I also used it. Neither one of them liked it and they both said they thought it was making their face break out. My son's face rarely breaks out and his was breaking out. I do think it cleans better than the hydrating cleanser and would be better for oilier skin, but out of 3 of us, it was a pass. I don't think it is for sensitive skin.

on 11/23/2017 5:59:00 PM

I purchased this twice, just finished the second bottle and won't repurchase again. I thought it removes makeup and was using it night and day but I used a bioderma cotton and was still a LOT of makeup left. It doesn't dry out my skin and it's ok to use it just in the morning but I'm looking for something better not just ...blah

on 11/24/2017 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I've been using this for a year or two and it's hands down the best face wash I have found out there for combo/oily, yet sensitive skin. This face wash is non-irritating, has no added fragrance or colours, is non-drying/stripping (at least compared to just about any other foaming face wash for oily skin), and contains ingredients that are beneficial to maintaining your skin's natural moisture barrier. (These ceramides and other fatty acids will just rinse off with the wash water, but they certainly don't hurt, and probably even aid in making this wash as gentle as it is.) I feel refreshed and clean after using this. And I mean really *clean*, not some chemical tingly feeling and generally not a hint of residue. Just clean skin and dripping water, as it should be.

After washing with this and towelling afterward, there isn't a great rush for me to get lotion on my face (though I still generally will put some on), because my skin just feels that good! With other cleansers (including Neutrogena and Cetaphil), I'm putting on lotion before my face is even dry, because my skin already feels irritated.

This product isn't really designed for removing makeup, but you can still use it if you cleanse (or at least loosen) the makeup first with something else. This would be your final skin-calming wash step purely for removing all naturally occurring residue on your skin (you know, that lovely 8-12 hours of oil/sweat/air pollution we all accumulate), and maybe some last traces of makeup.