CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser

CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser
Foaming Facial Cleanser

Purified Water, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Peg-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate and Peg-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Niacinamide, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Sodium Chloride, Phytosphingosine, Citric Acid, Edetate Disodium, Dihydrate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

on 6/17/2018 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

This has been my go-to daily cleanser for almost two years and it has never failed to impress me. I have combination skin (a little on the oilier side during spring/summer and dryer in winter). Contrary to its name, the cleanser doesn't 'foam' up as much as a hand soap would (which is good news for us with normal/drier skin), but it still washes away any makeup residue or excess gunk on your face completely. After leaving it on for 5-10 seconds and rinsing it off, I can feel the natural oil barrier of my skin staying intact, thus eliminating the 'tightness' that often follows a harsher cleanser that strips away ALL oil. Being fragrance-free is also a HUGE plus and although it runs $10-$12 in my area, it lasts a super long time. Would definitely recommend for oily/combination skin!

on 5/3/2018 11:53:00 AM

I was a big Proactiv user and after years of use it eventually it stopped working for me. I started testing out other cleansers and after hearing about this one on a YouTube channel I decided to test it out.

After a few weeks of use, my acne started to clear up! It has been the only cleanser that has cleared my skin the way Proactiv used to and I have been using it for over a year. I personally find it most effective to wash my face twice with this. First time my primary focus is getting off the oily feeling from my makeup remover. Once that oily feeling is gone I take another pump, lather it up, and my skin feels squeaky clean.

I wanted to love this. I keep desperately trying to find a good basic cleanser. I love how this feels while washing. Unfortunately every time I used I broke out with acne all over my jaw. It also seemed to leave me more oily which a lot of products made for oily skin tend to do. Ironic. Xoxo

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I am wholesomely obsessed with this pH-balanced and gentle 'foaming facial cleanser'! I use this in the morning and night as a singular-cleanse, and after use, my skin feels balanced, supple and most importantly, cleansed without the general tightness which accompanies within the use of many other cleansers. On the days I am wearing makeup, I would do a double cleanse, starting with an oil to remove the makeup and then following with this cleanser to remove any excess product which may have been left behind. However, my only problem with this cleanser is that when I use it on my face when having a shower, once I've left the shower and tried my face with a towel, my face feels uncomfortably tight. I'm not sure if it's the constant water which is on my face or the steam of the shower which does this, but that's a downside for me. But, that doesn't stop it from being my favourite cleanser! And even better, at Boots this cleanser is on offer with 25% off which makes it appear as even more as a steal!

on 3/31/2018 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

The PERFECT second step in a nightly double cleanse routine. Removes excess oily residue and every last vestige of makeup without over-drying my skin or stinging my eyes. Fragrance-free, foams up nicely, gentle, calming, effective, and inexpensive. HG for sure.

on 2/19/2018 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Too drying for my skin, and too irritating for my eyes. I also think the top is flimsy and it gives way too much product per pump. Otherwise this is a decent cleanser. Those with medium to oily skin will probably like it better than I did.

on 2/17/2018 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

HG product for me. For years I searched for a gentle cleanser that would make my sensitive, dehydrated, rosacea prone skin feel clean without irritating it, but nothing worked. Some cleansers made my face feel clean, but dry and irritated, while other cleansers did not irritate my skin, but didn't clean very well. Then I discovered CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser.

I use this product as the second step in my nightly double cleanse and in the AM (when I usually don't double cleanse). My skin feels soft, smooth, and clean, and not at all irritated. CeraVe is pH balanced and this helps keeps the skin's acid mantle intact.

A little of this product goes a long way, A half pump from the dispenser is more than enough to wash my face. This is inexpensive, and a bottle lasts me between 9 months to a year, making this a very economical product.

I love to try new and different product for my facial cleansing routine, but I always come back to CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser.

on 2/5/2018 3:38:00 PM

This really helped my redness and acne

on 1/9/2018 12:29:00 PM

A good cleanser at a very reasonable price point. One squirt in your hands, a little water, friction, and foam. I don't use heavy-duty makeup, so all of my daily wear items(tinted moisturizer, bronzer, eyeshadow, and mascara) wash right off. I find that this doesn't dry me out.

The hydrating cleanser is a good value as well; but I prefer foaming cleansers. I have stopped spending $$ on cleansers that really are just washed right off. Product has to stay on to actually do something in my opinion. I choose to spend that money on anti-aging treatments now that I am getting closer to 50.

What I have learned about skincare: Wash your face. Try not to pick. Wear sunscreen diligently. I wish my 18 year old self would have listened known about the last two. Alas it was the late 80s and who wore sunscreen? No one.

on 1/10/2018 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have been using this cleanser for three months now and will continue, it's my favorite(and I've tried quite a few. Leaves my skin soft, isn't drying at all, and a little goes a long way. My skin loves the ingredients and is noticeably brighter and less oily.