CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser

CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser
Foaming Facial CleanserFoaming Facial CleanserFoaming Facial Cleanser

Purified Water, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Peg-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate and Peg-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Niacinamide, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Sodium Chloride, Phytosphingosine, Citric Acid, Edetate Disodium, Dihydrate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

on 10/12/2018 4:12:00 PM

In May or June, I bought this facial cleanser to use as a body wash. I think I've gone through 3 large bottles now. It's the only body wash I can use at this point. It's a disaster on my face though.

I have ichthyosis vulgaris that has gotten worse since I turned 20. Since then, any body wash I've used, moisturizing or not, left my skin tight, dry, flaky, uncomfortable, ashy, and/or simultaneously made my back or (ahem) butt area break out.

Enter this foaming face wash. It does leave my skin feeling a bit tight, but in a "gotta put on lotion soon" way, not a "my skin is dying as I speak" way.

My legs are no longer a flaky mess after I towel dry. This, along with the Cerave SA lotion, has cleared up my bacne, which was partially due to the extreme dryness.

YMMV, but I've also tried the Hydrating Facial Cleanser as a body wash and didn't feel clean enough. It also greatly diminished the friction of my Korean scrubby towel, so I stopped using that and came back to this. Also, Dove beauty bars don't hold a candle to this foaming cleanser. It left my skin tight and dry, and make the KP on my arms worse.

Going back to use as a facial cleanser... For whatever reason, this cleanser causes closed comedones on my face, neck, and back hairline area even with a single wash. Go figure. It's something about the residue, so I just make sure to wash those areas with a different facial cleanser after I've used this one on my body.

I currently have three 16 oz backups sitting in my closet so that I will never accidentally run out and have to endure a regular body wash.

This cleanser is probably quite appropriate for those with genuinely oily skin. However, for my dry/combination skin with rosacea I found it to be stripping and harsh, but certainly better than Cetaphil and the Clinique Liquid Facial Soaps.

It also has the potential to irritate the eyes, which I have not experienced with the Cerave Hydrating Cleanser. That formula is just so much gentler.

on 10/3/2018 2:40:00 PM

This product is good on paper and has well rounded reviews from different sources.

Personally, I got rashes from using this cleanser. My cheeks would get very itchy after using this. I was so disappointed that this didn't work for me.

I don't know the ingredient(s) that caused this and this led me to believe that this cleanser has not been dermatologist tested in a real world setting.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a first impression review- if I don't update this it means I agree with what I have written here.

I have combo skin and it is currently a bit dehydrated from my own foolishness. I've been using this to give my skin a break and my skin has been much happier. This is perfectly PH balanced which is super important!! Foams well- could likely be used with a spin brush if you have one. I will try it with mine once I let my face chill.

I know there a few questionable ingredients to pay attention to, but I do like that it includes Hyaluronic acid. For those that may not know, this ingredient is a really strong humectant that encourages your skin to draw in and hold more moisture. Great for dehydrated ( not the same as dry) skin. I also like that by using this, at least my cleanser is gentle and I can always add spot treatments etc to treat problem areas. Thus far, I haven't had any issues. I know Cerave is a dermatologist's favourite and a lot of aestheticians have mentioned it as well.

I don't really think it's fair to rate this a 1/5 just because it didn't remove all of your makeup. Makeup removing products exist for a reason. I remove mine with micellar water and this easily removed the excess- my cotton pad I toned with came clean. Just my opinion.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This a great cleanser for oily/combo skinned people. The formula isn't harsh or drying, and leaves your face feeling refreshed and anew. Would recommend and buy again (even though it's a bit pricey)

Rosaceans beware: I know what flares up rosacea is very individual but I used this twice yesterday. At bedtime my face was very red and my pores looked bigger like they do when you have a lot of inflammation. I thought it was just the heat because it was muggy and hot yesterday. Today I woke up with tiny white papules EVERYWHERE. I haven’t had a rosacea flare this bad in I don’t know how long.

on 8/16/2018 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I've tried so many cleansers from high-end to low-end and I've finally found my holy grail cleanser. I have acne prone skin that is combination in texture and appearance. This stuff cleans off stubborn make-up, doesn't dry out my skin, and just makes my skin so supple. I love that the bottle lasts forever and the cost is very reasonable in comparison to high-end products. I can find this stuff anywhere which is a relief. I will never go without this stuff. I used to think I needed a salicylic acid facial cleanser but I really needed something gentle. Besides, why wash the salicylic down the drain...It is the right ph balance for my skin as it doesn't strip my skin but it still cleans it. I like it so much better than Cetaphil which didn't clean as well.

You really don't need to spend waste money on luxury brand cleansers. I've tried plenty of them and I always go back to Cerave. This is a wholesome, effective gentle cleanser. I don't wear makeup but I get plenty of sweat and dirt in my face and this takes care of everything, while leaving my skin clear and moisturized. No complaints!

on 7/20/2018 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have been loving this cleanser.

I recently used a product that left my face painfully sensitive with redness. I'm not sure if it was over-exfoliated or a minor allergic reaction, but I couldn't even wear makeup to cover the effects.

Went out and bought this cleanser at the recommendation of a friend (as well as the CeraVe lotion). It's been just over a week and the sensitivity is gone and my skin feels and looks great.

on 6/24/2018 4:02:00 AM

I have the one for oil control. I like this a lot because my face feels clean. It doesnt smell bad. And its gentle on acne prone skin. It rinses off nice and gets all the oil, dirt and makeup off my face. Its a gentle cleanser that wont strip your skin. It also does not leave a weird film on the skin after rinsing. I feel as if it actually balances my skin. my bf has ezcema, combo skin and he likes using this also

edit- i havent been using this because i dont think my face likes ceramides. once my fungal acne subsides ill give it a try again. for now my bf been using this!