CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser

CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser
Foaming Facial Cleanser

Purified Water, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Peg-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate and Peg-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Niacinamide, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Sodium Chloride, Phytosphingosine, Citric Acid, Edetate Disodium, Dihydrate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

on 8/16/2018 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I've tried so many cleansers from high-end to low-end and I've finally found my holy grail cleanser. I have acne prone skin that is combination in texture and appearance. This stuff cleans off stubborn make-up, doesn't dry out my skin, and just makes my skin so supple. I love that the bottle lasts forever and the cost is very reasonable in comparison to high-end products. I can find this stuff anywhere which is a relief. I will never go without this stuff. I used to think I needed a salicylic acid facial cleanser but I really needed something gentle. Besides, why wash the salicylic down the drain...It is the right ph balance for my skin as it doesn't strip my skin but it still cleans it. I like it so much better than Cetaphil which didn't clean as well.

You really don't need to spend waste money on luxury brand cleansers. I've tried plenty of them and I always go back to Cerave. This is a wholesome, effective gentle cleanser. I don't wear makeup but I get plenty of sweat and dirt in my face and this takes care of everything, while leaving my skin clear and moisturized. No complaints!

on 7/20/2018 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have been loving this cleanser.

I recently used a product that left my face painfully sensitive with redness. I'm not sure if it was over-exfoliated or a minor allergic reaction, but I couldn't even wear makeup to cover the effects.

Went out and bought this cleanser at the recommendation of a friend (as well as the CeraVe lotion). It's been just over a week and the sensitivity is gone and my skin feels and looks great.

on 6/24/2018 4:02:00 AM

I have the one for oil control. I like this a lot because my face feels clean. It doesnt smell bad. And its gentle on acne prone skin. It rinses off nice and gets all the oil, dirt and makeup off my face. Its a gentle cleanser that wont strip your skin. It also does not leave a weird film on the skin after rinsing. I feel as if it actually balances my skin. my bf has ezcema, combo skin and he likes using this also

edit- i havent been using this because i dont think my face likes ceramides. once my fungal acne subsides ill give it a try again. for now my bf been using this!

on 6/23/2018 1:35:00 PM

Definitely holy grail material! I’m a self proclaimed skin care junkie. I’m always reading product reviews and I’m always on the lookout for something to improve my combination/oily/sensitive/acne prone skin. I have honestly tried a million different face washes, from drug store to high end, to Korean products and back again. This has been the only face wash I have consistently come back to every single time. My skin is super oily in the summer (I live in a very hot, dry climate with hard water,) and although this face wash doesn’t really do anything to control my oil, I’m super happy with the fact that it does not break me out. I’m able to use primers to help control my oil, so it’s not a deal breaker. It feels soothing, lightly foams, and rinses clean. This face wash never dries out my skin. That tight feeling you get on your face after using certain face washes is non-existent. My one issue is that it doesn’t remove makeup very well, so I always double cleanse at night. First with a makeup removing wipe or wash, then finishing with Cerave. Also, it is fragrance free. And while most people are probably thrilled with that fact, I love products that smell good. To me, using a fabulously fragranced product makes washing my face feel like I’m doing something luxurious lol... and it boosts my mood. But you can’t win them all! And yes, I’m aware that fragranced products can be irritating to the skin. It all boils down to this. If you want a basic, gentle cleanser that won’t break you out, Cerave is for you. A combination of Cerave products and Differin has worked wonders for my skin.

on 6/17/2018 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

This has been my go-to daily cleanser for almost two years and it has never failed to impress me. I have combination skin (a little on the oilier side during spring/summer and dryer in winter). Contrary to its name, the cleanser doesn't 'foam' up as much as a hand soap would (which is good news for us with normal/drier skin), but it still washes away any makeup residue or excess gunk on your face completely. After leaving it on for 5-10 seconds and rinsing it off, I can feel the natural oil barrier of my skin staying intact, thus eliminating the 'tightness' that often follows a harsher cleanser that strips away ALL oil. Being fragrance-free is also a HUGE plus and although it runs $10-$12 in my area, it lasts a super long time. Would definitely recommend for oily/combination skin!

on 5/3/2018 11:53:00 AM

I was a big Proactiv user and after years of use it eventually it stopped working for me. I started testing out other cleansers and after hearing about this one on a YouTube channel I decided to test it out.

After a few weeks of use, my acne started to clear up! It has been the only cleanser that has cleared my skin the way Proactiv used to and I have been using it for over a year. I personally find it most effective to wash my face twice with this. First time my primary focus is getting off the oily feeling from my makeup remover. Once that oily feeling is gone I take another pump, lather it up, and my skin feels squeaky clean.

I wanted to love this. I keep desperately trying to find a good basic cleanser. I love how this feels while washing. Unfortunately every time I used I broke out with acne all over my jaw. It also seemed to leave me more oily which a lot of products made for oily skin tend to do. Ironic. Xoxo

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I am wholesomely obsessed with this pH-balanced and gentle 'foaming facial cleanser'! I use this in the morning and night as a singular-cleanse, and after use, my skin feels balanced, supple and most importantly, cleansed without the general tightness which accompanies within the use of many other cleansers. On the days I am wearing makeup, I would do a double cleanse, starting with an oil to remove the makeup and then following with this cleanser to remove any excess product which may have been left behind. However, my only problem with this cleanser is that when I use it on my face when having a shower, once I've left the shower and tried my face with a towel, my face feels uncomfortably tight. I'm not sure if it's the constant water which is on my face or the steam of the shower which does this, but that's a downside for me. But, that doesn't stop it from being my favourite cleanser! And even better, at Boots this cleanser is on offer with 25% off which makes it appear as even more as a steal!

on 3/31/2018 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

The PERFECT second step in a nightly double cleanse routine. Removes excess oily residue and every last vestige of makeup without over-drying my skin or stinging my eyes. Fragrance-free, foams up nicely, gentle, calming, effective, and inexpensive. HG for sure.