CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser

CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser
Foaming Facial Cleanser

Purified Water, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Peg-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate and Peg-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Niacinamide, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Sodium Chloride, Phytosphingosine, Citric Acid, Edetate Disodium, Dihydrate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

The packaging is nice and simple, comes with a pump which I like. Before I used this I was still using acne cleansers which I feel were making my skin worse. I worked at walmart when I first bought this per recommendation from the pharmacist. It cleans well with out stripping the skin. It foams up nicely which I love for some reason (weird, I know) and it doesn't have a major smell like some cleansers. The first bottle lasted me almost a year, and I had ran out and really missed it, so I just got my second one. :) Will update if anything changes.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this for one of my teenage daughters and son. I also used it. Neither one of them liked it and they both said they thought it was making their face break out. My son's face rarely breaks out and his was breaking out. I do think it cleans better than the hydrating cleanser and would be better for oilier skin, but out of 3 of us, it was a pass. I don't think it is for sensitive skin.

on 11/24/2017 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I've been using this for a year or two and it's hands down the best face wash I have found out there for combo/oily, yet sensitive skin. This face wash is non-irritating, has no added fragrance or colours, is non-drying/stripping (at least compared to just about any other foaming face wash for oily skin), and contains ingredients that are beneficial to maintaining your skin's natural moisture barrier. (These ceramides and other fatty acids will just rinse off with the wash water, but they certainly don't hurt, and probably even aid in making this wash as gentle as it is.) I feel refreshed and clean after using this. And I mean really *clean*, not some chemical tingly feeling and generally not a hint of residue. Just clean skin and dripping water, as it should be.

After washing with this and towelling afterward, there isn't a great rush for me to get lotion on my face (though I still generally will put some on), because my skin just feels that good! With other cleansers (including Neutrogena and Cetaphil), I'm putting on lotion before my face is even dry, because my skin already feels irritated.

This product isn't really designed for removing makeup, but you can still use it if you cleanse (or at least loosen) the makeup first with something else. This would be your final skin-calming wash step purely for removing all naturally occurring residue on your skin (you know, that lovely 8-12 hours of oil/sweat/air pollution we all accumulate), and maybe some last traces of makeup.

on 11/23/2017 5:59:00 PM

I purchased this twice, just finished the second bottle and won't repurchase again. I thought it removes makeup and was using it night and day but I used a bioderma cotton and was still a LOT of makeup left. It doesn't dry out my skin and it's ok to use it just in the morning but I'm looking for something better not just ...blah

My go-to face wash. Very gentle and leaves my combination skin clean and comfortable.

on 11/4/2017 4:07:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This will be short because it's basically a save your money review. This does not irritate my skin, has no scent, rinses off easily, isn't particularly drying BUT it does not remove make up, not even tinted moisturizer unless you use a wash cloth. I can wash my face with it, then take a white wash cloth afterwards and there is foundation or tinted moisturizer all over it. I would not repurchase it. I really found my HG cleanser(Philosophy Purity Made Simple), I don't even know why I try other ones.

on 10/19/2017 3:37:00 PM

This has been my go to cleanser for years. It's cheap, works well and doesn't irritate or dry out my combo/oily skin. I use it both on its own or to follow up after and oil cleanser on makeup heavy days. Will continue to repurchase.

Slightly too drying for my sensitive tret treated skin, but cleaned well and seemed to rinse clean. Loved that it was pH balanced and great price for a large amount of product. Very much DIDNT like that I finally tracked down the reason for a long cystic breakout to this product. May work well for others - unfortunately, though, not for me. Had the same breakout issues with the Cerave Hydrating Cleanser. Now using Purpose Face Wash with no breakouts.

on 10/19/2017 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a solid cleanser, though I wish it was a tinge more gentle/less drying. I will continue my HG cleanser search but this is the best I've found thus far.

on 10/6/2017 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I like it, but I don't love it. It's gentler than other cleansers I've tried, but it's still too drying for me.