CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser

CeraVe  Foaming Facial Cleanser
Foaming Facial Cleanser

Purified Water, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Peg-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate and Peg-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Niacinamide, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Sodium Chloride, Phytosphingosine, Citric Acid, Edetate Disodium, Dihydrate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

on 6/7/2017 5:02:00 AM

I thought this cleanser was going to be good but honestly I don't recommend this at all!! If y'all have acne prone skin do not DO NOT buy this Trust me I first started using it thinking it was going to help my combo skin But no I started breaking out baddd At first I blamed my foundation but it was rare because I would never break out that bad . So I started realizing none of my other cleansers I had used did these so I assumed it was this cleanser I switched up to my all time fav Cetaphil And it did not break me out at ALL .as soon as I stopped using this cleanser my skin calmed down I had ver bad zits now they are going away Do not buy this if your prone to acne it will break you out moreee! I recommend the Cetaphil cleanser It works wonders and won't break you out it's suitable for sensitive skin .

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

To start off, I have combination skin (dry, normal and oily in different parts of my face lol RIP), that's sensitive (it can get rid and itchy sometimes) and I deal with mild-moderate acne.

I do like this cleanser, it cleanses well and doesn't leave my skin feeling dry. I also like how it doesn't have any fragrance and has beneficial ingredients in it. I'm not sure if this is strong enough to remove makeup because I always wipe my makeup off first with micellar water, and then go in with this. It does foam a bit with just hands but if I feel like my face is really dirty (or it's looking flaky) I like to pair it with a konjac sponge or a silicone face pad, which makes it foam a lot more and offers some gentle exfoliation.

I think this is my 2nd or 3rd bottle. I probably will repurchase when I run out, though I'm not adverse to the idea of trying other cleansers. I do think even though this is non drying it is best for normal to oily skin like it says on the bottle, it might be too much for dry skin. I really want to try their hydrating cleanser as well for when my skin is feeling more dry.

on 5/5/2017 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I tried this for the first time last year after breakouts caused by joboba oil and stress, hoping this 'gentle' cleanser that seems to clean away all traces of makeup will help calm down my skin. I didn't know it then, but after a month of use, I stopped using it since I was still breaking out. I thought those breakouts were still linked to stress (I was planning my wedding and my job wasn't great) and some of it may have been, but now I know this cleanser increased the bumps. How?
Because a few weeks ago, I repurchased it. Forgetting why I stopped using it last year. My skin is much calmer now but still has some blackhead issues so I thought hey, let me pick this up, I remember is washing away my makeup pretty well when used after a makeup wipe or an oil based natural soap. within 3 days, I start getting red, painful bumps and pimples on my cheeks and jawline. The type of pimples I haven't gotten in SO long. I didn't realize it at first and continued using up until 2 nights ago, only to get more bumps. I know for a fact it's the Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine in it as it is the 2nd highest ingredient after water and also because I use the cerave pm moisturizer and I love it and it does not have that in it. This ingredient can be a huge skin irritant.
Anyways, now I will always remember to never use it again and stick to TRULY gentler all natural face washes and do natural exfoliation weekly with oatmeal or baking soda.
Great if it works for you but sensitive, clog-prone skin should stay away.

-Just here to update. I stopped using this the day I posted and I haven't gotten one new pimple since. Be careful y'all!

on 5/1/2017 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I am prone to hives and milia and this didn't exacerbate those conditions, but it is too drying for my combination skin.

on 4/25/2017 4:58:00 PM

This product ruined about 3 months of my face. Here's how:

Skin type: Combination (I could safely describe it as normal to oily, for some parts of my face are extra oily and some normal). But also acne-prone.

I had gotten my acne finally under control with the help of some vitamins and a decent face wash (I ranged between Olay Oil Minimizing and Nip & Fab's Glycolic Cleanser). I picked up this face wash from my local Walmart and didn't think much of it.

In the 3 months I used it, all hell broke loose on my face. Painful cystic acne broke out. I always had been acne-prone and had gotten hormonal acne, but I never had painful cysts. I typically leaned more on the whiteheads end. But this - this was horrible. My face was red with big cysts that no vitamins, treatment, or makeup could fix/cover. I went into depression and cried a lot, many times opting out of attending events because I was so embarrassed by myself. I would hate looking into the mirror because of the acne.

I had recently changed my diet to balance acne (dairy-free, sugar-free) for 30 days to see if any of those things caused my acne. I took Inositol to regulate my periods. A month before this product, I was on the road to healing and I was so proud and happy. When my face broke out in that miserable way, I lost all hope because I had already adopted all the changes I could think of to blame for my acne.

One day out of curiosity I checked the reviews for this product. It cleaned well, took my makeup off decently, so I hadn't really blamed it for my acne. It wasn't until I noticed that other people had gone through the same thing with this cleanser. I left it immediately and switched back to my Olay and Nip&Fab routine. 3 months later, thankfully, with no other changes, my acne is back to healing. I no longer get the cystic acne and am unfortunately left with scarring. This product was not only a bad experience, but a horrible, horrible time period of my life where everyone I met commented on how "bad" my acne has gotten. Never again!

on 3/26/2017 8:39:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

SCENT: none
TEXTURE: clear, runny gel; foams up easily
PACKAGING: very bulky - huge bottle with a pump (mine seems to be faulty)
PERFORMANCE: ok, doesn't clean skin well enough (esp with oily skin)
APPLICATION: get a good amount, add water, lather between your hands to create foam and apply on your face. Best used with cleansing devices or cleansing pads to really massage the product onto your skin.

PROS: affordable, gentle
CONS: not travel friendly, doesn't clean skin well enough -> skin gets more sebaceous filaments (SBs) & whiteheads

So here's my thought: As much as I used to love this, I have found many cons with it after using it for over a year, the biggest one being that I get more SBs & whiteheads using it than I get using another cleanser. I was using it twice a day and while it was gentle, my nose & chin always would get terribly clogged & rough so and at the end of a week I would use a clay mask or the Ciracle blackhead sheets to clean up around those areas. But I have another cleanser at hand so I've been using it at night (in the morning I don't even use cleanser, I blot the excess oil off with tissues and use warm water to wash my face). It's been a month and I can honestly skip clay masks/ blackhead sheets for 2 weeks and my skin still wouldn't feel as clogged as it did before when I was using the Cerave cleanser, and I had never realized that when I was using it!

All in all, I still think it's a great basic cleanser that's super affordable and does the job. Unfortunately my skin is too oily to continue using it. Anyone with normal/ slightly oily skin might really enjoy it.

on 3/23/2017 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Left a film on my face and caused breakouts. Barely cleans.

on 3/14/2017 2:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

After Juice Organics discontinued my favourite cleanser, the Brightening Cleanser, I did a lot of research to find a new one. I have oily skin and I use a lot of actives like AHAs, retinol and vitamin C, so I wanted something that thoroughly cleaned my oily skin but was also calming and gentle. CeraVe has some many great reviews and excellent ingredients. It is SLA free and includes skin repairing ingredients like ceramides and niacinamide. It is also formulated at the acidic pH. You need less than half a pump to build up a good lather. It rinses very clean. I find it a bit drying during the winter but it works wonderfully during the summer. It's not as good as the Juice Organics Brightening cleanser but it's really good.

on 3/11/2017 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I had to stop using it, I started breaking out REALLY badly when I switched to Cerave's cleanser and moisturizer. I got really deep and fairly large pimples - almost the kind I used to get as a teen with cystic acne, and NOT the kind I occasionally get now as an adult. So I knew something new had to be the cause, and the onset correlated with my switch to Cerave. The link was clear.

My skin improved when I stopped using the Cerave moisturizer, but I had to stop using the cleanser too for my skin to calm down completely. Now I'm in recovery...

I don't normally have such sensitive or reactive skin, so I'm surprised by just how quickly and violently my skin reacted to Cerave of all brands. But I learned the hard way that it is NOT for me! Beware the hype.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

After reading all of the positive reviews on this I was convinced this was THE face wash. Unfortunately I broke out severly with hard, painful pimps and I normally do not have any pimples.