CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser

CeraVe  Foaming Facial Cleanser
Foaming Facial Cleanser

Purified Water, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Peg-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate and Peg-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Niacinamide, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Sodium Chloride, Phytosphingosine, Citric Acid, Edetate Disodium, Dihydrate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

I started this three days ago after seeing a doctor once again about my acne. They recommended this along with cetaphil, which o had a horror experience with before. My gut was telling me, just stick with your neutrogena, you haven't had any new pimples since, just scarring and red spots that can easily be covered. I should have listened. The next day o had little white heads everywhere and today, 3 days after starting this garbage o have two deep painful zits on my chin once again. I'm not sure if it was this or the cerave moisturizer that caused it. I stopped using the moisturizer because my skin can only handle gel moisturizers and will be back in a few to see if my skin clears up/ doesn't get any new zits by just using this probably also trash product.

on 9/4/2016 5:24:00 AM

I Love This Product. I Used To Use Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser For A While Becuz It Was Gentle & Didn't Interfere With My 10 Percent Benzoyl Peroxide Treatment That I Use All Over My Face Daily 2x A Day. But I Realized That The Cleanser Didn't Remove Sunscreen Throughly & I Have Combo Oily Skin. So Now I Use This Foaming Facial Wash By CeraVe Day & Night & I Won't Switch To Anything Else. Removes Sunscreen Quite Well & Comes In A Pump. Would Recommend To People With Acne, Oily, and Combination Skin That Sensitive. I Will Be Trying There Facial Moisturizers Soon =D.

To Read all 381 Reviews, Login or Join

I can't stand this cleanser. Every derm recommends it, I've tried so many times but every time it breaks me out really bad. Cystic acne city.

on 8/19/2016 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I am very picky when it comes to skincare but I've never been particularly picky about face washes.

BUT the reason I actually do like this cleanser is that it doubles as a makeup remover. I also like that it's unscented and gentle on my skin.

Until I find a REALLY good reason to try another cleaner, this is my go-to.

on 8/10/2016 2:21:00 AM

Absolutely love this cleanser - no bells or whistles and does the darn job!! I was using the hydrating one for a while but realized that I actually have oily combo skin because of the closed comedones I was getting.

The cleanser does foam but nothing crazy and is awesome for acne prone oily combo skin. You can't beat the quantity for the price either and there's something oddly charming about how eye catching and professional the packaging looks for the product.

Love it - my HG cleanser!

on 8/2/2016 1:59:00 PM

This stuff ruined my face. I started breaking out and having closed comedomes within a week of starting this cleanser but because I was so convinced by people on the internet and the promises on the bottle and dermatologist reviews that this cleanser was going to help me, I kept on using it. The breakouts just kept coming. I used it for months hoping that it was something else but as soon as I completely cut it out of my routine my skin cleared up. I am not certain what was breaking me out, I suspect Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine because it is not in any other cleanser that works for me. Many other potential irritants in the cleanser are also in the AM Moisturizer from Cerave, which I don't love but have used without issues. Or possibly it was Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate because surfactants are always suspect in cleansers.
I do have to say that it is inoffensive, no scents, non-drying, and it seems like a better cleanser than the Neutrogena Grapefruit Acne wash that is also popular, that stuff dries my face out like crazy. The ceramides and hyaluronic acid in it may help some people and there is no fragrance to irritate you. Of course, all of these ingredients are on your face for a few seconds so I don't know how much ends up getting absorbed.
Many people seem to use it without issue and that is great for them. Just let my experience be a warning that just because it sounds good and gets recommended by dermatologists does not mean it is going to work for everyone. Furthermore, I think that in general non-foaming cleansers are better for your skin and gentler. I've tried it as a makeup brush cleaner but it sucks for removing makeup so it didn't work for that. Right now I'm using up the 2/3 of a bottle I have left for body wash, and it is ok at that but I will never buy another bottle.

Amazing

I used to use Cetaphil cleanser in the morning. A while ago I tried Cerave cleanser and liked it better, so I switched. Here's the reason for the switch:

Both for oily skin, my skin felt a bit tight after using Cetaphil. Cerave leaves my skin calmer. I always moisturize after cleansing. But given our desert humidity level, Cetaphil gives me 30 seconds to reach for my moisturizer which was becoming a challenge.

Cetaphil does not have any scent. Cerave smells a bit like my breakfast oatmeal. I don't mind, yet. But if anyone is sensitive to that, try a sample first before buying a large bottle.

Both cleansers are gentle enough yet effective to make a oily face feels clean. Cetaphil cleans a little better than Cerave. But for make up, neither cleanser cleans that well.

Years ago I used to use strong cleaners morning and night due to my very oily skin. Now I feel because I use very strong cleansers at night for long wearing makeup, a gentle cleanser in the morning gives my skin a break. This is especially important when I use prescription acne treatment at night.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

After trying many, many cleansers over the years and not having great results, I decided to simplify my routine. Skin background: I began suffering from mild to moderate acne in my early 20s, oily but dry skin, very sensitive with occasional eczema and peeling (boo). I started using this morning and at night (mixed with my philosophy class exfoliator in the evening). Since using this, my skin has improved. No new breakouts, which is major for me, as everything breaks me out. Sometimes simple is best, for me this works great & I will continue using it!

on 7/14/2016 7:29:00 AM

a friend recommended this after reading some online reviews & I gave it a try.

i had combination skin then & loved this foaming cleanser & used around 2 bottles of it. just that its a little difficult to repurchase then - always had to get it online & I moved on the paulas choice's cleanser instead.

if you like foaming cleanser, clean feeling without tugs on the skin. This will be the cleanser i would recommend.

I have since purchased the normal to dry skin one as i have more combination dry skin now. I think i still prefer this version as my night cleanser after removing makeup.