CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser

CeraVe  Foaming Facial Cleanser
Foaming Facial Cleanser

Purified Water, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Peg-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate and Peg-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Niacinamide, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Sodium Chloride, Phytosphingosine, Citric Acid, Edetate Disodium, Dihydrate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

on 1/17/2017 12:04:00 AM

I love using this in summer, when my combo skin has more oil. I have also used this in combination with the CereVe hydrating cleaner, to help get makeup off. This is a product I will continue to use.

on 1/11/2017 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a great basic gentle cleanser for basically any skin type. I range from oily to dry and everything in between and this has been my go to cleanser for a few years now. I like that my skin does not feel tight after I wash with this cleanser and that it does not sting my eyes. One bottle lasts a long time and is decently priced. Would definitely recommend.

on 1/2/2017 11:10:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I went to visit a close friend in Toronto and picked up this cleanser in a Shoppers Drug Mart. I was excited to try it as CeraVe isn't available in Sweden (hopefully it will be soon). It's a good and very mild cleanser, but not my favourite. It cleanses my combo sensitive skin well, but it doesn't make my skin feel super clean in the same way that other cleansers do. I love that super clean feeling after washing my face, so I don't think i'll repurchase. However, it doesn't strip my skin,so that's a great thing and my skin has not reacted to it. I don't love it though.

on 12/25/2016 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Bruh, this is God's gift to this green earth. Lemme tell you. First off, I have used this with just hands and also with my Clarisonic. Foams up really well. It leaves the skin feeling clean but not dry...like I sometimes felt with that Philosophy yellow cleanser whose name escapes me. I have been using this for around a year now, maybe more, and I feel that no matter the weather outside this is a good every day cleanser. It smells like...soap-y. A very neutral smell. It's got a thick consistency. A pump so you can use as much as you want. I used to use cleansers with "acne fighting" products, but I realized my face likes it better when I use gentle cleansers. If I am religious about using this, it significantly helps my skin's appearance.

on 12/8/2016 12:20:00 AM

I do really like Cereva products; they are well priced and yet effective. I bought this foaming cleaner to use over both summer and winter. At first I was quite worry if this is too drying for winter but turns out quite good. It’s like a clear gel texture with no scent; it’s lightly foam. I’ve used it to wash off makeup (concealer & foundation) and works just as great.

Last but not least, it’s a huge bottle and can lasts for a long time.

on 11/30/2016 12:25:00 AM

I purchased the CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser after running out of the Philosophy Purity Made Simple cleanser that my sister-in-law had given me. I was hoping to find a drugstore-priced cleanser that did everything the Purity Made Simple did so well---take off my foundation completely without drying out my skin.

The CeraVe Foaming cleanser did not disappoint and have found that it works just as well as the Purity Made Simple. Like the Purity Made Simple, the key to removing makeup completely is not to use more product (I find 3/4 of a squirt is sufficient), but to rub it onto face for a sufficient amount of time. I add the dab with just a small bit of water, then gently rub the product in circular motion onto skin thoroughly and for quite a few strokes (it takes me at least 60 full seconds for my entire face to ensure all foundation is melted away). Afterwards, my skin is left feeling soft and hydrated.

When I was first trying this product and was unsure how well it took makeup off, I would wipe my face with a cotton pad to see how much residual foundation was left on face and picked up by the pad. I would find the pad completely white.

I also wanted to note that I use olive oil beforehand to condition my eyelashes which in turn probably helps take off mascara and eye makeup during the cleansing step so I can not speak for how well the CeraVe alone takes off eye makeup.

The CeraVe is a bit pricey for drugstore (I paid around $8) but because not much is needed, the bottle lasts a long time.

When the Purity Made Simple is not given as a gift, I will be always going back to the CeraVe.

on 11/26/2016 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pros:
1. Gentle even on my very sensitive skin
2. Non-drying
3. Cleanses well
4. Smells great (like coconut, although it's not stated on the package)
5. Convenient package (pump)
6. Great price for so much

Cons:
1. Does not improve acne

I'll probably use this forever if not for the fact that my acne doesn't get better after about 9 months of usage. I mean, my acne has a cycle itself that it gets better after a few months and will worsen again, so this product pretty much had no impact on it. I'm trying a new cleanser now although I'm not finished with this bottle yet, so yeah there's a lot of it in one.

on 11/10/2016 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this stuff! I have fairly oily skin that needs to be cleansed but not stripped. This stuff is perfect! It's gentle and cleans well. I definitely feel like I'm breaking out less with this cleanser as well.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is the most amazing cleanser I've used to date. I'm used to that squeaky clean feeling I get from soap so I had to adjust but this is the only thing that keeps my oil completely gone ALL DAY. IN FLORIDA. it is my holy grail product. Not to mention it thoroughly removed all of my makeup and I wear a lot of makeup.

on 11/1/2016 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

LOVE this cleanser! I switched from Cetaphil to this and didn't think I'd see much difference, but I was wrong!
The first few days I did have some dryness, but I guess it was just my skin adjusting because it doesn't do that anymore. The whole "repair and restore skin barrier" must be true.
If I'm wearing make-up, I wipe it off first with some generic brand make-up remover cloth, then wash with Cerave, and there is not a trace of make-up left behind! Really removes make-up better than any cleanser I've ever used.
My skin is soft, smooth and feels so fresh now. My super-oily skin is less oily, I haven't had a break-out in weeks and some of my redness/blotchy-ness has reduced, too!
I think the price might be a couple of dollars more than Cetaphil, but it's still very inexpensive and can be found at many retailers, so yay for convenience!
I do wish there was a see-through side (like on bottles of laundry detergent) so I could see how much is left in the bottle, but really not that big of a deal.