CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser

CeraVe  Foaming Facial Cleanser
Foaming Facial Cleanser

Purified Water, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Peg-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate and Peg-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Niacinamide, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Sodium Chloride, Phytosphingosine, Citric Acid, Edetate Disodium, Dihydrate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

on 4/25/2017 4:58:00 PM

This product ruined about 3 months of my face. Here's how:

Skin type: Combination (I could safely describe it as normal to oily, for some parts of my face are extra oily and some normal). But also acne-prone.

I had gotten my acne finally under control with the help of some vitamins and a decent face wash (I ranged between Olay Oil Minimizing and Nip & Fab's Glycolic Cleanser). I picked up this face wash from my local Walmart and didn't think much of it.

In the 3 months I used it, all hell broke loose on my face. Painful cystic acne broke out. I always had been acne-prone and had gotten hormonal acne, but I never had painful cysts. I typically leaned more on the whiteheads end. But this - this was horrible. My face was red with big cysts that no vitamins, treatment, or makeup could fix/cover. I went into depression and cried a lot, many times opting out of attending events because I was so embarrassed by myself. I would hate looking into the mirror because of the acne.

I had recently changed my diet to balance acne (dairy-free, sugar-free) for 30 days to see if any of those things caused my acne. I took Inositol to regulate my periods. A month before this product, I was on the road to healing and I was so proud and happy. When my face broke out in that miserable way, I lost all hope because I had already adopted all the changes I could think of to blame for my acne.

One day out of curiosity I checked the reviews for this product. It cleaned well, took my makeup off decently, so I hadn't really blamed it for my acne. It wasn't until I noticed that other people had gone through the same thing with this cleanser. I left it immediately and switched back to my Olay and Nip&Fab routine. 3 months later, thankfully, with no other changes, my acne is back to healing. I no longer get the cystic acne and am unfortunately left with scarring. This product was not only a bad experience, but a horrible, horrible time period of my life where everyone I met commented on how "bad" my acne has gotten. Never again!

on 3/26/2017 8:39:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

SCENT: none
TEXTURE: clear, runny gel; foams up easily
PACKAGING: very bulky - huge bottle with a pump (mine seems to be faulty)
PERFORMANCE: ok, doesn't clean skin well enough (esp with oily skin)
APPLICATION: get a good amount, add water, lather between your hands to create foam and apply on your face. Best used with cleansing devices or cleansing pads to really massage the product onto your skin.

PROS: affordable, gentle
CONS: not travel friendly, doesn't clean skin well enough -> skin gets more sebaceous filaments (SBs) & whiteheads

So here's my thought: As much as I used to love this, I have found many cons with it after using it for over a year, the biggest one being that I get more SBs & whiteheads using it than I get using another cleanser. I was using it twice a day and while it was gentle, my nose & chin always would get terribly clogged & rough so and at the end of a week I would use a clay mask or the Ciracle blackhead sheets to clean up around those areas. But I have another cleanser at hand so I've been using it at night (in the morning I don't even use cleanser, I blot the excess oil off with tissues and use warm water to wash my face). It's been a month and I can honestly skip clay masks/ blackhead sheets for 2 weeks and my skin still wouldn't feel as clogged as it did before when I was using the Cerave cleanser, and I had never realized that when I was using it!

All in all, I still think it's a great basic cleanser that's super affordable and does the job. Unfortunately my skin is too oily to continue using it. Anyone with normal/ slightly oily skin might really enjoy it.

on 3/23/2017 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Left a film on my face and caused breakouts. Barely cleans.

on 3/14/2017 2:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

After Juice Organics discontinued my favourite cleanser, the Brightening Cleanser, I did a lot of research to find a new one. I have oily skin and I use a lot of actives like AHAs, retinol and vitamin C, so I wanted something that thoroughly cleaned my oily skin but was also calming and gentle. CeraVe has some many great reviews and excellent ingredients. It is SLA free and includes skin repairing ingredients like ceramides and niacinamide. It is also formulated at the acidic pH. You need less than half a pump to build up a good lather. It rinses very clean. I find it a bit drying during the winter but it works wonderfully during the summer. It's not as good as the Juice Organics Brightening cleanser but it's really good.

on 3/11/2017 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I had to stop using it, I started breaking out REALLY badly when I switched to Cerave's cleanser and moisturizer. I got really deep and fairly large pimples - almost the kind I used to get as a teen with cystic acne, and NOT the kind I occasionally get now as an adult. So I knew something new had to be the cause, and the onset correlated with my switch to Cerave. The link was clear.

My skin improved when I stopped using the Cerave moisturizer, but I had to stop using the cleanser too for my skin to calm down completely. Now I'm in recovery...

I don't normally have such sensitive or reactive skin, so I'm surprised by just how quickly and violently my skin reacted to Cerave of all brands. But I learned the hard way that it is NOT for me! Beware the hype.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

After reading all of the positive reviews on this I was convinced this was THE face wash. Unfortunately I broke out severly with hard, painful pimps and I normally do not have any pimples.

I wanted so badly to love this wash. It's praised all over here, and over on Reddit as well.

That being said, it dried out my skin and I've been breaking out constantly since using it. My skin has been looking so red and irritated it's embarrassing. As soon as I stopped using it my skin started clearing up and the redness faded. I'm happy to see it works really well for some people, but not for me. I have no idea what ingredient it was that bothered my skin, but yeah. It also left my skin feeling dry and tight as well.

I LOVE THIS STUFF! I use it once a day in the shower. My skin feels very clean and refreshed after using this cleanser. It replenishes your skins ceramides. I don't really know what that means but I notice the results. My skin is glowy these days. A few times my face has felt tight after using it, which is a bummer, but I always make sure I wash all the cleanser off very thoroughly to prevent any left over product to linger on my skin causing acne and the tightness might be from over washing.

on 2/8/2017 8:16:00 PM

Very Pleased. I've had acne of various degrees since I was 13. Now at 26 I'm still getting breakouts that damage my self esteem on a daily basis. I was reading SkinCareAddiction on Reddit and this brand kept coming up over and over. I have only mostly used Clearasil, Clean&Clear and Desertessence. all of these and the others I've used have been too harsh. All of those cleansers made my face so shiny, tight and too clean feeling. My oil production would work super hard to overcompensate. So after reading about it, I bought it at Walmart for 8 bucks. Just got it today, have only used it once. Today I was running all around town. I take the bus and don't drive. I don't wear make up anymore, I can never find my shade and the ones I've liked are too expensive to buy over and over again. I've become way more low maintenance since my teens. So.... I loved how cheap it was and for the amount. $8 for 12oz. The pump is nice I hate grabbing onto bottles when cleaning anything. the gel has a thick consistency so I comes out a little slow, I had to push a little harder than I expected. I liked that the foam was nice and thick but not overly thick to the point where you are expecting a residue. The scent is like glue but kids glue, not bad at all. It rinses off well too. I'm starting this new skin routine... well I'm taking out things and adding things. I'm definitely adding this.
I

I've used many cleansers throughout my life, but this is the best one, hands down. I have combination skin that's not too sensitive, but I still like to be as gentle as possible because I use a few products with high concentrations of AHA acids. This cleanser is incredibly gentle and unscented, and I can trust that it will thoroughly cleanse my oily t-zone without irritating the drier parts of my face.

The price is a little steep for a drugstore product, but the bottle is so big that I easily get 4 months out of it, and I wash my face twice a day.

Overall, this is a great product for those with normal to oily skin, especially those with combination skin looking for a balancing facial cleanser.