CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser

CeraVe  Foaming Facial Cleanser
Foaming Facial Cleanser

Purified Water, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Peg-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate and Peg-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Niacinamide, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Sodium Chloride, Phytosphingosine, Citric Acid, Edetate Disodium, Dihydrate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

on 8/16/2017 10:25:00 PM

That's my dawg, that's my dawg, that's. My. Dawg. 👐

I love this. Even at the $12 price tag, it has lasted me over a year. Before I started using it, I had bad acne around my mouth and cheeks and I have no idea what caused it, I chalked it up to being hormonal acne but after using this for over a year, my skin looks so good. I do get pimples here and there but nothing crazy like before (sore, red clusters that would go away after a few weeks only to pop up on another part of my face immediately afterwards)

It provides such a deep clean, has no scent and leathers up really nicely.

on 8/9/2017 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Good cleanser for especially oily skin.
My skin is combination-sensitive and oily. I normally use the Cerave Hydrating Cleanser, but I switch to this during the summer when my face is more oily. It can be a bit drying so I don't like to use it during winter months. I would not recommend using on skin that is going through a reaction from another skincare product; it can feel a little harsh on my extra sensitive skin.

Love this facial cleanser!! cleanses great without drying my face out, and lasts months with twice daily use!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have combination skin that's very clog and acne prone. I keep trying this because my derm swears it shouldn't be making me break out, so many great reviews etc. but I end up with acne every time. Tossing it.

on 7/16/2017 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I like that this cleanser is free of fragrance, but I found this too drying on my normal/oily skin (my skin is dehydrated, but I am pretty oily). I've bought it a few times already, since I kept remembering it was "okay," but every time I start using it again I remember why I stopped - because it leaves me pretty dry afterward! I'd say this is well-suited for oily, acne-prone skin, but everyone else should watch out for signs of dryness.

on 7/10/2017 3:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This product caused my normal-to-oily skin to break out, however, I realized it didn't rinse off easily and left a bit of a residue. I started using it in the shower so that I could rinse it off thoroughly, and my skin didn't break out anymore. This product is best used as a body wash, though. I discovered this by accident when I ran out of my usual body wash mid-shower.

i used this cleanser on and off for about a year and my skin became so oily yet dehyradted I even developed small wrinkles by my eyes and I'm 17!! I also got cystic acne along with a lot of scarring I do not recommend at all if you have super sensitive skin like I do

on 6/7/2017 5:02:00 AM

I thought this cleanser was going to be good but honestly I don't recommend this at all!! If y'all have acne prone skin do not DO NOT buy this Trust me I first started using it thinking it was going to help my combo skin But no I started breaking out baddd At first I blamed my foundation but it was rare because I would never break out that bad . So I started realizing none of my other cleansers I had used did these so I assumed it was this cleanser I switched up to my all time fav Cetaphil And it did not break me out at ALL .as soon as I stopped using this cleanser my skin calmed down I had ver bad zits now they are going away Do not buy this if your prone to acne it will break you out moreee! I recommend the Cetaphil cleanser It works wonders and won't break you out it's suitable for sensitive skin .

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

To start off, I have combination skin (dry, normal and oily in different parts of my face lol RIP), that's sensitive (it can get rid and itchy sometimes) and I deal with mild-moderate acne.

I do like this cleanser, it cleanses well and doesn't leave my skin feeling dry. I also like how it doesn't have any fragrance and has beneficial ingredients in it. I'm not sure if this is strong enough to remove makeup because I always wipe my makeup off first with micellar water, and then go in with this. It does foam a bit with just hands but if I feel like my face is really dirty (or it's looking flaky) I like to pair it with a konjac sponge or a silicone face pad, which makes it foam a lot more and offers some gentle exfoliation.

I think this is my 2nd or 3rd bottle. I probably will repurchase when I run out, though I'm not adverse to the idea of trying other cleansers. I do think even though this is non drying it is best for normal to oily skin like it says on the bottle, it might be too much for dry skin. I really want to try their hydrating cleanser as well for when my skin is feeling more dry.

on 5/5/2017 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I tried this for the first time last year after breakouts caused by joboba oil and stress, hoping this 'gentle' cleanser that seems to clean away all traces of makeup will help calm down my skin. I didn't know it then, but after a month of use, I stopped using it since I was still breaking out. I thought those breakouts were still linked to stress (I was planning my wedding and my job wasn't great) and some of it may have been, but now I know this cleanser increased the bumps. How?
Because a few weeks ago, I repurchased it. Forgetting why I stopped using it last year. My skin is much calmer now but still has some blackhead issues so I thought hey, let me pick this up, I remember is washing away my makeup pretty well when used after a makeup wipe or an oil based natural soap. within 3 days, I start getting red, painful bumps and pimples on my cheeks and jawline. The type of pimples I haven't gotten in SO long. I didn't realize it at first and continued using up until 2 nights ago, only to get more bumps. I know for a fact it's the Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine in it as it is the 2nd highest ingredient after water and also because I use the cerave pm moisturizer and I love it and it does not have that in it. This ingredient can be a huge skin irritant.
Anyways, now I will always remember to never use it again and stick to TRULY gentler all natural face washes and do natural exfoliation weekly with oatmeal or baking soda.
Great if it works for you but sensitive, clog-prone skin should stay away.

-Just here to update. I stopped using this the day I posted and I haven't gotten one new pimple since. Be careful y'all!