73%

Shop Now

Reviews

1.0

a month ago

Burned my eyes and skin badly after washing for hours. Did not foam much and didn't feel like it got all my sunscreen and makeup off. Will never buy again.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

2 months ago

I can’t believe I’ve never written a review for this. I have used this product for probably over five years now. I love it. I haven’t had acne since I’ve used this product. I’ve made my husband use it too and his skin is so clear. This is the best, most bare bones simple face wash you can find. I’ve always heard that it’s silly to buy expensive face washes as they are on your face for less than a minute or two. This is probably my top HG product of all products I use.

About reviewer (27 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBrunette

from

4 months ago

This cleanser is really good if you love gel-like cleansers, but want one that's not overly harsh. A small blob cleans the skin well. It's also fragrance free and fairly affordable. It's by far the least drying foam cleanser I've ever used, but probably isn't suitable for dry skin.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Coarse

5 months ago

I’ve been using this cleanser for AT LEAST 2-3 years now. I’ve tried different cleansers from high end to drugstore but i always go back to this one. I use it in conjunction with my foreo cleansing brush and it works wonders. My skin has never been so clear. I am currently on my 5 bottle of it and i already have two back ups for when i run out, it’s definitely my HG cleanser

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium

HairBrown

5 months ago

I bought this cleanser searching for a fragrance free, gentle cleanser for my combo-oily acne prone skin. I had tried the LRP Effaclar purifying gel cleanser, but that had actually caused me to break out in these strange bumps, so I think it was some kind of allergic reaction, probably due to the fragrance in that cleanser. So, I purchased this foaming cleanser. I’ve been really pleased with this cleanser. It has first of all, thankfully calmed down the bumps from using the previous cleanser. They are no longer red and they are fading away. It feels gentle when cleansing and foams very nicely. Best of all, my skin does not feel dry/stripped when I rinse this off. I think that’s very important because the last thing I need is to dehydrate my skin, as that will make my acne worse. So far this has not broken me out. I don’t see how this would because all the ingredients seem great for my sensitive skin. I will edit this review if I suddenly break out or have some kind of bad reaction. But so far, I think this is exactly what my skin needs as it’s gentle, soap free, alcohol free, fragrance free. The price is great too. And I love how there is a pump.

About reviewer (25 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

6 months ago

I cannot believe I used to use this when I was a teenage. No wonder my skin was so bad. I haven't used this in ages, yet my skin has been super sensitive so I decide to try it again. My face always stings after using this and leaves my skin looking irritated than usual. I also end up with texture. THIS ALSO CONTAINS MULTIPLE PARABENS!!!!!

About reviewer (42 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBlack

6 months ago

I've only used it a few times so maybe I'm being unfair but so far it doesn't seem to be that good for my oily skin. I guess I need something that will strip the oil a bit more without drying me out....this just seems like it's not enough for my oily skin.

About reviewer (38 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

7 months ago

I have been using this cleanser for about 10 years. I used to use Aveeno bar - actually I used that through my teens and into adulthood - but the sensitive one I used was discontinued. In any event, this takes off my eye makeup and cleans my skin. It doesn't dry my skin out which many products do. Leaves my skin feeling clean. I use a facecloth with it.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesBlue

7 months ago

Used to Love it now I Hate it This was my go to cleanser for years but either something has changed or my skin just cannot tolerate it anymore. Like others have said, it does not remove all of my makeup and sunscreen on the first attempt. I usually lather it into my skin, rinse, repeat and gently remove with a washcloth. Even then, I might need to use another product one last time to remove the last bit of makeup. The bigger problem is that it leaves my skin very tight and apparently causes bumps, cysts and small breakouts on my face. It never used to do that so I think the ingredients have changed over time. It will take weeks for my face to recover. So sad. It seems every Cerave product I loved has changed formulations and now I can no longer use any of them.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinAcne-prone, Medium

HairOther

EyesOther

1.0

8 months ago

I got this bc my normal cetaphil bar seems too drying lately, & I have a hard time finding a cleanser that doesn’t make my sensitive acne prone skin react. I previously tried the hydrating version. It felt like it didn’t do a thing! Was like rubbing moisturizer all over my skin! And I felt a slimy residue all day. So I thought maybe I would try the foaming cleanser. Even tho i have dry skin, it’s supposed to be a good cleanser. Same thing. Felt the icky, glycerin feeling left on face. AND I was red, any spots i had were darker & more obvious. And I broke out in a rash! Felt so itchy. It went away as soon as I returned to my normal routine. I love cerave moisturizers. But just don’t see how anyone tolerates their cleansers! They need to figure out what ingredient is pore clogging bc I have read many reviews where others had same issue as me- even tho there’s not any comedogenic ingredients, officially.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

Age36-43